/* */

PDA

View Full Version : problem of stuttering

tresbien
02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
ALHMDULLIAH I am muslim.I strive to please Allah and to be good to people.but as a humanbeing i have some defects such as being sometimes a little nervous,not accepting any work because of my family name. Moreover,
When i speak Morocan dialect i sometimes stutter.This affects on my personality in public and in finding public relation work
but when it comes to French Spanish English i hardly have this problem.
One told me it is gentic or i inherited from my ancestors who came from spain to MOROCCO.Pray for me.What are the causes of stuttering and how can i overcome it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
no human is perfect

pray to Allah
try to meet a psychiatrist for confidence-building
there r medicines also for stuttering

may Allah help u

جوري
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
The dua Musa Alaihe Salam made for his speech problem:

I love that verse so much, Moses (P) also had a problem stuttering, so he used to make du3a for Allah swt to make his speech clear..

in fact I always start with this du3a before any public speaking I have to do, and as nervous and jittery as I get, I calm down within two minutes or so into my topic.. and I really believe it is sakeena and mercy from Allah swt.. as I hate nothing more than doing morning report and speaking before an audience whom I know are smarter than me..

I think this is better than any medication insha'Allah

thanks for sharing..

:w:

Al-Zaara
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
You should go visit a speech pathalogist and pray to Allah for success.

http://www.asha.org/public/speech/di...stuttering.htm

It's nothing major, don't be hard on yourself, I've seen people getting over their stuttering after having sessions, they had the problem in every language they spoke.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tresbien
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
[WHEN I SPEAK ENGLISH I DO NOT STUTER but iN MY LOCAL NATIVE DIALECT I SOMETIMES FIND A LITTLE DIFFICULTY SUCH AS SWALLOWING WORDS . IN DEED WHEN I WAS TO START A SPEECH I AM BLOCKED FOR A FEW SECONDS NOT LIKE THOSE WHO REPEAT THE SAME LETTER MANY TIMES.MY FRIENDS TOLD ME DO NOT RUSH AND USE MY POINTER TO KEEP UP THE RYTHYM.

Ar-RaYYan
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tresbien
[WHEN I SPEAK ENGLISH I DO NOT STUTER but iN MY LOCAL NATIVE DIALECT I SOMETIMES FIND A LITTLE DIFFICULTY SUCH AS SWALLOWING WORDS . IN DEED WHEN I WAS TO START A SPEECH I AM BLOCKED FOR A FEW SECONDS NOT LIKE THOSE WHO REPEAT THE SAME LETTER MANY TIMES.MY FRIENDS TOLD ME DO NOT RUSH AND USE MY POINTER TO KEEP UP THE RYTHYM.
you said that you dont stutter when you are speaking English or French but when it comes to the moroccon dialect you do, maybe and this is maybe it could be that you are not that fluent in morrocon and you feel more nervous? i have also got that problem too, im fine when i speak danish or english but it comes to my native language i sometimes stutter especially if im speaking with older relatives- i dont speak it as fluent as my other languages

tresbien
03-11-2009, 09:05 AM
My problem is that i have been living since my birth in Moroco .This sometimes causes me problems when i use it in my work or daily life.thanks
salam alaikum

Yanal
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Pray to Allah,my fathers friend does that too but Ithink it's unique even though you don't know it is. InshAllah you can overcome this.

Ali.
03-13-2009, 09:40 PM
I knew a stutterer once. I'm pretty sure it was a psychological problem - I kept trying to convince him that it was just his psyche. My advice to you, this worked for him aswell, is try to calm a little and speak a little slower - don't be obliged to speak as fast.

Let me know if this helps!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.