02-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Bismillaah!
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Knowledge is Better than Money

Alee رضي الله عنه said:

اَلْعِلْمُخَيْرٌمِنَ المَالِ

Knowledge is better than money,

لأَنَّ المَالُ تحْرِسُهُ وَ الْعِلْمُ يَحْرِسُكَ

since you have to protect money, while knowledge protects you.

وَ المَالُ تُفْنِيهِ اَلنَّفَقَةُ وَ الْعِلْمُ يَزْكُو عَلَى الإِنْفَاقِ

And money is depleted from spending, while knowledge grows when you spend it.

وَ الْعِلْمُ حَاكِمُ وَ المَالُ مَحْكُمُ عَلَيْهِ

And knowledge makes rulings, while money is ruled over.

مَاتَ خُزَّانُ المَالِ وَ هُمْ أَحْيَاءٌ وَ الْعُلَمَاءُ بَاقُونَ مَا بَقِيَ الدَّهْرُ

People who hoard money have died while they are still living, while the scholars live on through the ages. . .

أَعْيَانُهُمْ مَفْقُودَةٌ وَ آثَارُهُمْ فِي الْقُلُوْبِ مَوْجُودَةٌ

Their souls may have passed away, but their effects remain present in the hearts of people.

(جَامِعُ ْبَيَانِ الْعِلْم وَ فَضْله #٢٨٤ وَ إِسْنَادُهُ ضَعِيفٌ)

Source.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Knowledge is better than money ?

Absolutely right !
If you have a knowledge, you can make money. But, if you have much money you cannot buy a knowledge.

I was a rich guy. I started my business with money but without knowledge, and I lost my house, I lost my car, I lost everything an became a jobles.:cry:
I was in depression until I made a decision, I must seeking knowledge about business.

Few year ago I started my small business with knowledge and US$ 250 borrowed money. Without an employee because I had no money for pay someone.
Alhamdulillah, everything is allright, now I have employees, I have many customers, I have other small business, and my life is better than the past.:)

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 04:45 AM
Shalama,

Money is a destraction. Knowledge isn't a distraction. It strenghtens you. But there are several types of knowledge. I assume you're refering to Islamic knowledge, as you may assume that I speak of Judo-Christain knowledge.

sirajstc
05-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Jazakalla kahair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saba muslimah
05-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Very true... Knowledge is Better than Money...

JazakALLAH

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-03-2010, 06:52 PM
That is indeed the truth!

Subhaan`Allaah. . . . .

brotherubaid
10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.albaseerah.org/forum

the source for this is a beautiful forum , really authentic and good source, its realy beneficial , check it out InshahAllah, I have personally benefitted from them a lot. They are connecting the muslims with the scholars and doing a lot of good work, so may Allah reward them.

I do not post there a lot, but always stop there whenever i get online, there is just soo much out there to read and learn Maa shaa Allah.

so do check it out InshahAllah, one of my fav parts of the forum is Nurture Your Heart, Mind, and Soul = Live a Better and Successful Life

wafa
10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
EXACTLLY , but unfortuanatlly not all the people know the real meaning of this phrase

thanks for ur effort

syed_z
10-12-2010, 07:24 PM
SubHan Allah... Jazak Allah Khayr...

Sigma
01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Jazakallah, knowledge is definitely better than money. But money is often requires to obtain knowledge.

hopeonallah
03-12-2011, 08:33 PM
my dear brother/sister, " NazariteofEhyah "
assalamu aliqum .

thank you for sharing your view .
I would like to share my point of views .

1). Money is neither destruction nor construction . the nature of Money is neutral . Money its depend on human . If we use it for construction then, it will become construct . If we use it for destruction then, it become destruct .

2). Knowledge also same . Its also depend on us . We can learn good knowledge as well as bad knowledge . We can use it for good purpose as well as bad purpose .

3) How do you find which knowledge is good and which knowledge is bad ? There are only one knowledge is good that is Islamic . If your knowledge matching with Islam then, its good; if its not matching with Islam then definitely its bad knowledge .

4). You may disagree with me . So that I am giving you an opportunity , Find out a single mistake from Islam and show me ...

5) I also expect same opportunity to prove all knowledge are wrong except Islamic knowledge .

thank you .

from INDIA . Bangalore .

MartyrX
03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
We can't take money with us in the Hereafter.

eaalim
03-13-2011, 01:35 AM
really a true message for Ummah and no doubt this is the knowledge which tells us the difference between right(Halal) and wrong(Haram),and indeed this is knowledge which gives us a respectful place in society today and tomorrow in day of judgment in front of Allah(Subhanhu wa ta aala)...

Ali Mujahidin
03-13-2011, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
But money is often requires to obtain knowledge.

Knowledge is always free. You just need to know where to find it.

hopeonallah
03-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Assala mu aliqum brother and sister

obviously knowledge is batter then money . I have one sister , her size of the brain is smaller then normal size But she is rich, she always depend on some one , because she cant make different between Rs 10 and Rs 20 . She is not independent .I know many people they are very poor but they are independent .

Zuzubu
03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I want knowledge and money at same time. Without money it may be hard to use the intelligence.

hopeonallah
03-13-2011, 03:11 PM
assala mualiqum brother and sister .

knowledge is batter then money , because :

10). Earning money as well as expending money both require knowledge . But Money always not necessary for earning knowledge as well as expending knowledge .

11). Some time expending money can not catch more money it can make you empty( poor). but expending knowledge always brings you more knowledge .

12) Money and knowledge does NOT have Direct Relation it has INDIRECT Relation; means Money can helps you to get RESOURCES of knowledge, money IT SELF can not provide you knowledge .

But knowledge can get you RESOURCES of money as well as DIRECT money .Knowledge and money has DIRECT Relation .

Ali Mujahidin
03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Actually it is applied knowledge that can be used to make money. Just having the knowledge but not knowing how to use it profitably will not get you anywhere.

Muhammad Aseem
03-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Knowledge without actions is worse than money - since you will be accounted about what you did with your money which maybe easier to answer than perishing for the knowledge that you did not apply at all.

Knowledge should only be sought if it is going to be applied.

Ali Mujahidin
03-27-2011, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Aseem
perishing for the knowledge that you did not apply at all.
:sl:

There's something even worse than that. To spread knowledge about Islam which the teacher does not practice is to book a place in an exceptionally horrible place in nar. So unimaginably frightening that nar itself begs Allah 400 times a day to be safe from that place.

AmineH
04-14-2011, 04:45 PM
salaam
that's right but you know if you don't have any money you can't live in this world .

both of them are important .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.