/* */

PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

Mujahidah4Allah
02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
:sl:

I understand why people have them but what's the best source of comfort? i.e. someone has a panic attack and you panic yourself not knowing what to do, and the classroom goes wild and theres a panic to control, especially when no ones around and you dont know what to do... get me?... i hope i posted this in the right section

wa/salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Peterwf
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Pray, Pray that Allah in his mercy will grant peace to the situation.

جوري
03-05-2009, 08:35 AM
get a paper bag and breathe into it.. take no more than 12 breaths per minute, yes do some praying and distract yourself until it is over.. panic attacks on average don't last more than 12~15 mins even if in your own mind it seems longer..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

MO783
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM

First May Allah make it easy for you.

I heard if you breath hard or something might help

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
athma pump?

breathe into a paper bag?

جوري
03-06-2009, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783

First May Allah make it easy for you.

I heard if you breath hard or something might help
Breathing hard will make the problem worst.
Hyperventilation and Hyperinflation Theory: Some people tend to mildly hyperventilate a lot of times. I call it "over breathing." Over breathing can create unacceptable levels of O2-CO2 ratio. When O2- CO2 levels get to the unacceptable level, the body's emergency system takes over, resulting in a panic attack. Over-breathing causes the lungs to hyper inflate, which means that the lungs are not able to get rid of the excess air they are taking in. Since all the old and stale air doesn't get out of the lungs, there is very little room for the fresh air to get in. In such condition, one tries even harder to take in more air. As a result, a person feels out of breath. They are unable to catch their breath or feel "hungry" for air. Panic sets in.

http://mindpub.com/PanicAttacksinCOPD_chapter4.htm
This rather puts it into very simplistic terms and for those with the compounded problem of COPD, but there is an entire neurophysiology process to too much oxygen that is taken in rapid shallow breath, or too much of.
This was however one of the first things that came in google, I am sure if you put in alkalotic lethargy or neurophysiological response to hyper-oxygenation would yield you better results insha'Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
athma pump?

breathe into a paper bag?
a panic attack and an asthma attack are completely different animals, even if they mimic each other on the outside, the physiology differs. one is getting too much oxygen (panic attack) the other not getting enough oxygen due to airway inflammation and constriction, obviously a paper bag is the last thing you want to do in that case..

see your doctor about the formerly four now reduced to three classifications of asthma and how to cope

And Allah swt knows best

:w:

Tara x
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
take deep breaths and think of Allah swt x

Cabdullahi
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
the only time i breathe into a plastic bag is when im sick on an aeroplane and im releasing smelly orange,yellowish bitsy bobs

Tara x
03-06-2009, 11:00 PM
eurrrgh too much info lol :S

Questfortruth
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
My sister has panic attacks. I usually watch her get over it. There isnt much you can do besides watch them and comfort the person that someone is next to them. Also, tell the person to stop thinking everything will fall part and like someone above said do supplication and pray your salah regularly.

"I am frightened of being frightened, therefore if I stop worrying about being frightened, then I have nothing to be scared of."

Cabdullahi
03-06-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tara x
eurrrgh too much info lol :S
im telling the truth and nothing but the full truth lol

Tara x
03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
that may be so but still eurgh lol :P

جوري
03-29-2009, 03:51 PM
^^ pls don't use the forum for advertising purposes it goes against forum rules.. you should familiarize yourself with them..

thanks

Yanal
03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
I am not familiar with panic attacks.

Zahida
03-29-2009, 04:58 PM
:sl: Poor you!!! As above take slow deep breaths, breathe into a paper bag and read the kalimah............................. May Allah give you shifaa Ameen.:w::)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.