/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pretentium?

Fishman
02-15-2009, 12:38 PM
:sl:
We need a special section called 'the Pretentium' where elitists and pretentious people can go to discuss Byzantium and various obscure 18th century philosophers just for the sake of making them look smarter. Since there is no specific forum for these people yet, I feel that they are being excluded wrongfully, and that this forum would be able to attract a much larger range of visitors if they were better accomodated.

Some will say that this is pointless, but since the would-be visitors to the Pretentium pretend to have been to more universities than us, why should we object to anything they want?

:D
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
02-15-2009, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
We need a special section called 'the Pretentium' where elitists and pretentious people can go to discuss Byzantium and various obscure 18th century philosophers just for the sake of making them look smarter. Since there is no specific forum for these people yet, I feel that they are being excluded wrongfully, and that this forum would be able to attract a much larger range of visitors if they were better accomodated.

Some will say that this is pointless, but since the would-be visitors to the Pretentium pretend to have been to more universities than us, why should we object to anything they want?

:D

I agree.

It might keep them off the streets.

Oh snap.

Fishman
02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
I agree.

It might keep them off the streets.

Oh snap.
Yeah, I'm fed up with all these stupid wannabe Greek generals prowling the street at night mugging old ladies with their long words. If we stopped making them stay in education so long this wouldn't have happened! :D

sevgi
02-15-2009, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Yeah, I'm fed up with all these stupid wannabe Greek generals prowling the street at night mugging old ladies with their long words. If we stopped making them stay in education so long this wouldn't have happened! :D
Orators. Thinkers. Sensors. Burn them on the stake!

I wish I could catch one of those guys with their fly undone one day. That'd break the ice.

Neo-philosopher: "...but the sky would fall upon us if it weren't for the mountain god's..."

Sevgi: "...hey...hey...your fly's undone bro..."

Neo-philosopher: "Oh...oh...of course it is. Ahem...but what is the point of a fly anyway...."

Sevgi: "Oh crud." *throwsbrickathead*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bewildred
02-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Hilarious

Yanal
02-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah we need the Education section to be for kids like me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!