/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Looking After Pets Considered A Good Deed/Act of Worship

omar_2133
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I have a rabbit and a guinea pig, and I buy food for them, clean their cage every week, feed and water them every day, and sometimes bring them inside the house to give them an open space to excercise.

Is this considered an act of worship to Allah, and a good deed that will be accounted for in the Day of Judgement, or is it not seen as anything major, due to the fact that they are animals?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nadia85
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar_2133
I have a rabbit and a guinea pig, and I buy food for them, clean their cage every week, feed and water them every day, and sometimes bring them inside the house to give them an open space to excercise.

Is this considered an act of worship to Allah, and a good deed that will be accounted for in the Day of Judgement, or is it not seen as anything major, due to the fact that they are animals?
:sl:good question me 2 would like a answear for this inshallah

S_87
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger." Allah's Apostle further said, (Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth."

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "A woman entered the (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth."

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "While a man was walking he felt thirsty and went down a well and drank water from it. On coming out of it, he saw a dog panting and eating mud because of excessive thirst. The man said, 'This (dog) is suffering from the same problem as that of mine. So he (went down the well), filled his shoe with water, caught hold of it with his teeth and climbed up and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for his (good) deed and forgave him." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving (the) animals?" He replied, "Yes, there is a reward for serving any animate."
Bukhari

Kindness to animals is definitely a rewarding thing

nadia85
02-19-2009, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger." Allah's Apostle further said, (Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth."

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "A woman entered the (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth."

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "While a man was walking he felt thirsty and went down a well and drank water from it. On coming out of it, he saw a dog panting and eating mud because of excessive thirst. The man said, 'This (dog) is suffering from the same problem as that of mine. So he (went down the well), filled his shoe with water, caught hold of it with his teeth and climbed up and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for his (good) deed and forgave him." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving (the) animals?" He replied, "Yes, there is a reward for serving any animate."
Bukhari

Kindness to animals is definitely a rewarding thing
masallah :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister_Zee
02-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Salaam,

Thanks sis amani I didn't know the first hadeeth. Jazaki Allah khier

saba muslimah
02-21-2009, 11:51 AM

jazzakAllah amani
oh dear but m sacrd from cats.... i dn't like CATs. Yeak

nadia85
02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
jazzakAllah amani
oh dear but m sacrd from cats.... i dn't like CATs. Yeak

I used to b scared of cats b4 2 lol but now I have my own cat and love him 2 bits

KashifB
03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
What about animals like pigs?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.