/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please IT People!!....I am in a teachnical trouble ):

Danah
02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I did a very stupid mistake yesterday...I deleted Glass Fish (a server) from the program files before deleting it from the control panel...and now I am trying to remove it from the control panel but without any use :(
I even tried an installer to get rid of Glass Fish traces in the hard disk but they are stuck there.....so what to do??

I need to remove it to install a new one, but I could not

also, I removed the netbeans (programming environment) and the JDK from my machine because I had some exceptional errors during the installation so I can re install them again but each time I download the JDK again it gives me this message

and when I wanted to install the netbean it gave me this message

for the netbean, after I remove it from the control panel I delete all its file from the programs file

as if each one is depending on the other, each one ask me to download the other...what to do, any help will be higly appreciated...please :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
02-20-2009, 04:50 PM
jazak Allah khair brother
but there is something strange!!!

Glass Fish is not shown on the clean up u provide, but its there in the control panel :? why is that? actually not all programs I have are listed there

Danah
02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
^ No Prob...jazak allah khair anyway

Insha allah someone will come and suggest some other solution

Abu Ilyas
02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
:sl:

As the error says, “You can specify valid JDK location using –javahome installer argument “.
If you have the J.D.K installed the issue is that it is not installed in right folder where NetBeans expects to find it.

Try doing the following;

- Click Start > Run
- Type “cmd” > Click OK.
- Now you have to change the directory to where your installer file is located.
- Type in the name of the installer followed by –javahome and then the location of the JRE. For Example: “netbeans-6.5-ml-javase-windows.exe –javahome c:\sun\sdk\jdk “

Hope that helps Insha'Allah.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zanjabeela
02-21-2009, 12:26 AM
:sl:
Hon, can you do a System Restore to a previous good date? Sometimes that helps. And if you deleted your files one by one (manually), perhaps you can restore them from the Recycle Bin first, and then do a proper uninstall.

For Netbeans, do you have a JDK installed separately? I believe you need to install the JDK 5 or 6 first...then install Netbeans. Or is that the problem: you try to install the JDK, and the Netbeans IDE pops up with a message? Then you try to install the Netbeans and it gives you the same message again?

:w:

Danah
02-21-2009, 05:56 AM
jazakum allah khair every one.......
I keep trying yesterday and I could download the JDK and NB finally alhumdulilah
zAn, restore can be helpful but I will make it as a final solution because that might cause another problems in some other applications
the JDK I wanted to use installing the NB with it automatically but I need to install NB again to customize it and chose some other feature

Abu Ilyas, the problem is solved now it seems that when I tried to install NB again, some NB files saved on the program files, so I removed them and can download NB and JDK again

the only problem I have is that the glass fish is still there and I could not removed it, I used the application brother alpha gave but it did not recognize the glass fish
I also use another one I found called "your uninstaller" and it only clear glass fish but did not un install it...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.