/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Standish group......any idea about their last report?

Danah
02-21-2009, 05:31 PM
I guess I became very nagging recently in LI about my studying stuff....but you have to bear with me anyways :)

If you have any idea about Standish group, do you know whether they release their report for 2008 or not yet?? because I looked for it and did not find it

its a report mentioning the success projects, failed projects and those that rescheduled again

here is there website:standishgroup

plz I need to know this very soon...........

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zanjabeela
02-22-2009, 07:37 AM
:sl:
I looked for their reports, and can't find any on their web-site...but I did find a press release suggesting that they did release a report in Sept. of 2008:

BOSTON, MA, Sep 08 (MARKET WIRE) --
The Standish Group's just-released report, "Trends in IT Compliance," shows that compliance is becoming a bigger and bigger part of the IT
workload. "Currently 15% of the average IT budget is dedicated to meeting compliance regulations," says Jim Johnson, chairman of The Standish
Group. "As the Information Technology budgets show signs of significant belt-tightening, this percentage could grow even higher." As it is, this
number equates easily to over $100 billion for United States organization.

"Every year more and more of our software development and purchases are dedicated to meeting compliance regulations," says Jim Crear, Standish
Group CIO. "Innovation isn't enough to prove the value of IT anymore; a strong IT department must prove out best practices through adherence to a
host of compliance procedures and through a streamlined governance process." Crear adds, "All this and a weak economy too!"

In the "Trends in IT Compliance" report The Standish Group has identified 10 drivers for compliance. Each driver identifies specific actions to be
addressed when considering compliance issues. The Standish Group's "Trends in IT Compliance" report is available free of charge to Standish Group
subscribers. Non-subscribers may obtain copies directly from The StandishGroup for $2,500 per copy.

About The Standish Group International, Inc.

Since 1985 The Standish Group, the leader in spotting future trends, has been helping end users and vendors of technology solutions prepare for the
future. The Standish Group delivers fast, consistent and reliable IT advice built on a solid foundation of primary research. For further
information on compliance and other trends, visit our website at: http://www.standishgroup.com.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jennifer Lynch
Communications Manager
Email Contact
508-760-3600 Ex: 22

Copyright 2008, Market Wire, All rights reserved.
I'd use that contact information on the Standish Group Website to email this person, Jennifer Lynch, to see how you can go about getting your hands on the report.

Good luck, hon!

:w:

Cabdullahi
02-22-2009, 01:40 PM
standish group sister i do communication and computing but i will offer help inshallah,i will do research

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.