/* */

PDA

View Full Version : righteous block

Tony
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Just been experiencing a huge wobbly phase. Still love Allah, still totally beleive and still being right to others. BUT......... have not been praying, and if truth known if I died today I would notbe ready. Just have this block that seems to be keeping me from fulfilling my covenant, have had doubts creeping in but nothing serious. Allah still providing me with the opportunity to do good deeds, all praise is His. Kids making prayer time difficult plus other flimsy excuses. Please can people pray for me to shake off this laziness and ask Allah to humble me. I am not going through paticularly hard time my bleesings are many but something is stopping me pray and fast. Really hope someone understands my situation, sounds pathetic but feels very real. Subhan Allah, bestow youre mercy upon us.:w:imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KashifB
02-24-2009, 10:30 PM
You're not alone brother. May Allah subhanahu wata'ala guide us to the right path and have mercy on us all. Ameen

Musaafirah
02-25-2009, 08:56 AM
You know, was in the middle of posting something whe my net went on me.
Rah.
Anyway, the point I was trying to make, was that for the believer, life is like struggling up a mountain (Bear with me here) and you'll come across loads of obstacles that'll test you. BUT at the end of reaching a mountain, the view is breathtaking.
Always remember that Allah is always there for you.
I don't think you're alone in feeling this imaan low, but insha'allah sometime in the future and look back at this time, not with regret, but as having learned something.

Hafswa
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Just been experiencing a huge wobbly phase. Still love Allah, still totally beleive and still being right to others. BUT......... have not been praying, and if truth known if I died today I would notbe ready. Just have this block that seems to be keeping me from fulfilling my covenant, have had doubts creeping in but nothing serious. Allah still providing me with the opportunity to do good deeds, all praise is His. Kids making prayer time difficult plus other flimsy excuses. Please can people pray for me to shake off this laziness and ask Allah to humble me. I am not going through paticularly hard time my bleesings are many but something is stopping me pray and fast. Really hope someone understands my situation, sounds pathetic but feels very real. Subhan Allah, bestow youre mercy upon us.:w:imsad
TK,
Sounds like you have alot on your shoulders here.....I would not really place all of this on your Imaan but more on the fact that you feel overwhelmed by life and the responsibilities it has presented you with leading to a lack of zeal to do anything that normal you are more than glad to do such as your prayers.
I would advice you to sit down, think about how life was about a month or so ago and find out what has really changed ....is it that you now have alot of commitments in between work and family that you are doing at the times you normally would use to fulfil your covenant such as going to the Masjid or helping ou the needy? i say this becsue the kids were always there before :D and you did manage very well.
The other thing is about the doubts....what are you doubting really? Maybe soemone on LI can clear things out for you:?give us a shot

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
many many thanks for your responses, glad im not alone. peace and blessings to all. doubts spring from such things as the current post about Muhammad(pbuh) and whether he wrote Quran, I know the truth but these posts are very destructive when you are at a low ebb. Sometimes ponder the possibilities of how many religions there are in the world. However I think that it is fundamentally important that my children see me pray, shayatin is a subtle whisperer and I know that Allah forgives all so thanks again for replies they helped more than you can know. Subhan Allah

Muhammad
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
:sl: TKTony,

I understand how you have been feeling. Remember that eemaan is something that goes up and down, and we have to work hard to keep it up. There are many things that can help you to increase it, such as reciting the Qur'an and thinking about the afterlife. Also, making du'aa to Allaah (swt) is always a first step in achieving anything. So don't be disheartened, because everyone experiences times of weakness and has to fight shaytaan. For some tips about shaytaan's strategies and some defences, see:

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...-defenses.html

http://abdurrahman.org/character/trapsofiblis.html

Also remember that the cure for doubt is knowledge. The more you learn about Islaam, the stronger will be your conviction. For the time being, it might be better to avoid visiting any sites/threads that could cause confusion or doubt, until your faith and knowledge are stronger.

Feel free to PM myself or anyone else if you need help with anything. May Allaah (swt) protect you, preserve you and increase you in beneficial knowledge and righteous actions, Aameen!

:w:

Tony
03-03-2009, 07:44 PM
thanks all, back on track now. The more you pray the more you want to, subhan Allah, peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.