/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question on (islamic) quotes

Ummu Sufyaan
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
:sl:
i was just wondering recently that if there are tafseer/shar7 (interpretations) of the quran and hadeeth, does the same apply to the quotes/sayings of the salaf/scholars etc. because if you think about it, these sayings and quotes also would have to come in a proper context (like the quran and hadeeth)...and you cant know their proper contexts until you know what they mean, right?

i mean has anyone come across a book or something where quotes/sayings of the scholars have been interpreted. i mean scholars like ibn ul-Qayyim, etc...like the ones posted in this section and this thread.

anyone know?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
you'll have to read the books the qoute were taken from to know,,

Far7an
02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
If you mean, are scholar's sayings analysed and commented on? Then yes, they are. There are many many commentaries or sharh of books written by scholars from the earlier generations.

saba muslimah
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
i was just wondering recently that if there are tafseer/shar7 (interpretations) of the quran and hadeeth, does the same apply to the quotes/sayings of the salaf/scholars etc. because if you think about it, these sayings and quotes also would have to come in a proper context (like the quran and hadeeth)...and you cant know their proper contexts until you know what they mean, right?

i mean has anyone come across a book or something where quotes/sayings of the scholars have been interpreted. i mean scholars like ibn ul-Qayyim, etc...like the ones posted in this section and this (Pearls of Wisdom of the Salaf) thread.

anyone know?
gud question
I wanna know...also

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
If you mean, are scholar's sayings analysed and commented on? Then yes, they are. There are many many commentaries or sharh of books written by scholars from the earlier generations.
I get what you mean, i was more referring to one-lined quotes more than than large works.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.