/* */

PDA

View Full Version : qn on differences in aqeedah (creed)

Ummu Sufyaan
03-18-2009, 09:22 AM
:sl:
If there is no fiqh to aqeedah (creed) why is it that we find there is still a difference of opinion over things that are related to aqeedah, such as the difference of opinion that quranic verses can be used as amulets and tawassul by the prophet (sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam) is permissible.

I thought that the matter of aqeedah is clear cut, hence there is no differences...so why is there differences?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
$tranger
03-21-2009, 09:32 AM
edit

Ummu Sufyaan
03-21-2009, 01:13 PM
@Akhee stranger, you misunderstood...i dont mean the shia/sufi, etc...i mean differences that the scholars of awsj differ over such as
such as the difference of opinion that quranic verses can be used as amulets and tawassul by the prophet (sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam) is permissible.
that's what im confused about...the aqeedah is clear cut...there's no difference of opinion concerning it as opposed to the difference of opinion concerning matters of fiqh (i heard that in a sh. yasir qahdi lecture btw)...so why do we find little differing opinions in this regard then..

$tranger
03-21-2009, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
@Akhee stranger, you misunderstood...i dont mean the shia/sufi, etc...i mean differences that the scholars of awsj differ over such as

that's what im confused about...the aqeedah is clear cut...there's no difference of opinion concerning it as opposed to the difference of opinion concerning matters of fiqh (i heard that in a sh. yasir qahdi lecture btw)...so why do we find little differing opinions in this regard then..

yes, Sh.Yasir has mentioned this.
If i recall correctly, there is an agreement (amongst the Scholars) that wearing amulets with Qur'an on them is ok but you MUST check before you wear them what is written, as this is a can lead to black-magic

However it is DISLIKED and does not give the Qur'an its FULL respect to wear such a thing, as you will be wearing it in inappropriate places/situations. Furthermore, it can lead to shirk if people believe the WORDS/AMULET will protect them and not Allah swt

& Allah knows best :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-21-2009, 04:00 PM
:salamext:

The issues which the sahabah may have differed on won't be a source of deviance (the sahabah and salaf had a difference of opinion on amulets with Qur'an on), whereas issues which they united on and never differed on - we have to stick to that without differing (such as beliefs in tawhid and the six pillars of faith etc).

Woodrow
03-23-2009, 01:53 AM
This thread is trying hard to become a fiqh discussion issue. Let us all be careful that we do not pass our own opinions off as tafsir and let us be certain to give source references to our replies.

Also remember that while we are doing our best to promote oneness for all and avoid any discussion of sects, that should not be taken as meaning that everybody in a given named sect is deviant or not deviant.

A person does not need to be labeled by a sect name to be deviant.

KnowOne
11-05-2013, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
If there is no fiqh to aqeedah (creed) why is it that we find there is still a difference of opinion over things that are related to aqeedah, such as the difference of opinion that quranic verses can be used as amulets and tawassul by the prophet (sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam) is permissible.

I thought that the matter of aqeedah is clear cut, hence there is no differences...so why is there differences?
I think there is no differences between the core Islamic beliefs (aqida), That Allah exist, Allah is One, there is nothing like Him, He has no beginning, nor ending, He is completely dissimilar to all created things, He is not in need of anything yet, He knows, wills, is powerful, has life, sees, hears and speaks. He is also the Merciful, the King, etc.

Yet I remember reading the Companions differing on issues on aqida like, Did the Messenger of Allah, sallahu alayhi wa salam, see Allah or not? Was Iblis a Jinn or an Angel? and there are probably more things in which the companions differed.

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.