/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Refute: He's God he can do anything he wants, even the trinity or being like Ganish

AntiKarateKid
03-20-2009, 04:33 PM
What are your thoughts about this?

My agnostic buddy and I were discussing the concept of omnipotence. He said that if God can do anything, he can be in a trinity or appear like the Hindu god Ganish if he wants. He claimed that I was limiting God through asserting the Islamic position was the only viable one.

Can you help a brother respond to this?:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Salaam

Being part of the creation does not Befit the majesty of God - God is far greater then anything they assocaite with him.

Peace

aamirsaab
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
....He claimed that I was limiting God through asserting the Islamic position was the only viable one.
Well, you are a muslim...:p.
Although, I'm not entirely sure what he's getting at.

Woodrow
03-20-2009, 05:30 PM

My agnostic buddy and I were discussing the concept of omnipotence. He said that if God can do anything, he can be in a trinity or appear like the Hindu god Ganish if he wants. He claimed that I was limiting God through asserting the Islamic position was the only viable one.

There are many ridiculous statements made that sound logical, but are utter nonsense. This question is similar to asking "Can God(swt) make a 4 sided triangle?) DUH, by definition a triangle has 3 sides. There are no 4 sided triangles. The question is not a valid question as what is being asked does not match the definition of what is being asked.

By this token the Trinity like Ganish does no meet the definition of the question, the question is a nonsense phrase, that has no answer, because it is asking for something that does not meet the definition of what is being asked.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
03-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Allah can do anything, I deduce therefore that He can make our religion easy and allow us to follow it by simple rules without creating drama in the way of sacrificial sons, protective elephants or astronuat egyptians. Just becuase Allah can hold the universe in perfect harmony does not mean He has a penchant for meaningless hype or petty effects. Allah can do anything, the prescise limitations regarding gravity, elements, cosmic guardians (jupiter), water, oxygen etc etc required to sustain life are fantastically slim. The proof that Allah is all powerful is so obvious, there is no need for tricks. By the way a 4 sided triangle is more commonly known as a pyramid. Peace

Whatsthepoint
03-20-2009, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There are many ridiculous statements made that sound logical, but are utter nonsense. This question is similar to asking "Can God(swt) make a 4 sided triangle?) DUH, by definition a triangle has 3 sides. There are no 4 sided triangles. The question is not a valid question as what is being asked does not match the definition of what is being asked.

By this token the Trinity like Ganish does no meet the definition of the question, the question is a nonsense phrase, that has no answer, because it is asking for something that does not meet the definition of what is being asked.
what definition of god is Anti's question contrary to?

Whatsthepoint
03-20-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
By the way a 4 sided triangle is more commonly known as a pyramid.
Hmmm, nope.

Tony
03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Hmmm, nope.
I beg to differ. any way we were only killing time till you got here. :D:D

Muezzin
03-20-2009, 07:20 PM

He can. Why would He choose to?

Your religious talks with your mates remind me of my lunchtime political debates with mine.

Except we were usually standing in a queue in Subway.

Whatsthepoint
03-20-2009, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
He can. Why would He choose to?
Well, why did he choose to create the universe in the first place.
Answer: God works in mystrious ways!

Imam
03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
He claimed that I was limiting God through asserting the Islamic position was the only viable one.

?:D
peace

who is to be accused of limiting God?!!

Those who believe him to be incarnated in such limited flesh (jesus) ,and hence

limiting his power John 5:30-32, "By Myself I can do nothing."

limiting his knowledge "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."Mark 13:32

limiting his eternity "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: Luke 23:46

peace

Muezzin
03-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, why did he choose to create the universe in the first place.
Answer: God works in mystrious ways!
Until Man can know the working of his own mind, he can never learn the working of God's.

Whatsthepoint
03-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Until Man can know the working of his own mind, he can never learn the working of God's.
Exactly, that's why we'll probably never know why god may have decided to become the triniy or Ganish.

Muezzin
03-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Exactly, that's why we'll probably never know why god may have decided to become the triniy or Ganish.
So what's the point of asking the question?

Whatsthepoint
03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
So what's the point of asking the question?
^o)
You may have a point there!

Whatsthepoint
03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
But obvuiosly the point of asking is pointing out that trinity in Ganish is a perfectly valid option of god's existence, though I'm sure Christians and Hindus see it as such on a different level.

akulion
03-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately such arguments / discussions are futile.

It is best to tell the person to pay attention to the signs around them, to try and realize that God exists.

And to study the Quran and think and ponder.

As for what God wills to do, it is neither your nor my position to comment on it really.

Such philosophical debates are a waste of time.

Azy
03-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Don't involve yourself in them then.

It always seemed to me that folk get excessively wound up about their own views when God could be many things to many people.

I've seen plenty of arguments along the lines of "You or I couldn't possibly presume to know the mind of God, but I know he wouldn't ever do that".
If you believe in God, and you believe him to be of the nature that religions generally ascribe to him, then how can you make any pronouncements about what he would or would not, may or may not do?

doorster
03-20-2009, 10:42 PM
he can be in a trinity
why would He NEED to?
or appear like the Hindu god Ganish if he wants
again, the question is; why would He want to or need to limit Himself into body of an animal

when he says "be!" and it is!

what is it that can only be done from body of an elephant that cant be done by commanding it to "be"?

to be 3rd part of trinity or to walk in body of "ganesh" will put Him in creation which is exact opposite of our belief because Allah tells us clearly that there is nothing, anywhere in the universe that resembles Him, nor is He ever in His creation

NB. Hindus please note that this question/post is for OP and NOT you, for I have some idea of where you stand on this subject (of Unity of the universe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But obvuiosly the point of asking is pointing out that trinity in Ganish is a perfectly valid option of god's existence, though I'm sure Christians and Hindus see it as such on a different level.
pardon?

can you see the question now?

Whatsthepoint
03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
why would He NEED to? again, the question is; why would He want to or need to limit Himself into body of an animal.
Why would he need to do anything, like create the universe? Nobody knows, just as well nobody knows why God may have needed or wanted to reveal itself in the form of trinity or Ganish.

to be 3rd part of trinity or to walk in body of "ganesh" will put Him in creation which is exact opposite of our belief because Allah tells us clearly that there is nothing, anywhere in the universe that resembles Him, nor is He ever in His creation
But who says your views about god reflect its true nature?

pardon?
Sorry, it was supposed to be an "and".

AntiKarateKid
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Brother thanks for the response, but you misunderstand me. I wrote "even the trinity OR (not like) Ganish," I was essentially trying to cover other views about God with that statement.

So could you give me your thoughts on the question again? :D

Chuck
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
The way I look at it is that it other way around. Why would God had to turn into a man, sacrifice himself, to himself, and against his own judgment? Trinity causes a lot of problems, but perhaps this is different topic. You might understand what I'm trying to say. Islamic view is straight forward, and made most sense to me: God can forgive sins without going through any episode like this and He will show mercy on the day of judgment, but He is not exactly giving free-meal either. We have to put effort in this life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.