/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does young people need to know?

Muhajabah
03-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Salaam aleikum

I converted to islam when I was like 18, but did not start practicing for real until I was around 20. So I dont really know what muslim youth think about, worry about, question about...

I am teaching girls in the masjid, every Saturday, Alhamdulillah, and we been through a couple of subjects, such as hijab, the situation for muslims in Norway today, freedom of speach and similar issues, and menstruation and marriage - the border between force and arranged marriages...

Is there anything else that would be interesting? I know many of you are young, so I think you might have an idea or two? I start to run out of ideas. I am doing a program for atleast three weeks now, about death, and what happens after death, and then Day of Judgement too. But.. Other things?

JazakAllah for your help!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I think sects are really interesting. But it might raise points many would rather not discuss under the absence of a qualified 'aalim. I'm not suggesting you're not qualified... I can't judge you based on what you've written in your post, so I'm just pointing something out.

You could also discuss the many scientific wonders of the Qur'an. Always a beautiful, imaan-boosting topic for school students.

Muhajabah
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
They asked me once to talk about shiism, and I was preparing for that, but then this burning of hijab and stuff happened on the 8th of March, so we talked about that instead.

The Ruler
03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I see... Well, that can be the topic for your next discussion. =)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhajabah
They asked me once to talk about shiism, and I was preparing for that, but then this burning of hijab and stuff happened on the 8th of March, so we talked about that instead.
Burning of Hijab?

Muhajabah
03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes. Some crazy woman-man-whatever from Syria, claiming to be an atheist but yet muslim by culture, named Sarah Mats (Sarah female name, Mats is the male name she took after she realized that she is not a lesbian woman, but a straight male in a female body), burned a hijab on the 8th of March.

I am sure you can find it on Youtube :D

Ali.
03-30-2009, 08:54 PM
If you decide to talk about sects, please make sure you're unbiased throughout.. remember you'd be teaching, not preaching. :)

Muhajabah
03-31-2009, 06:34 AM
I think they need to know what are the dangerous sects, and what sects that actually can take you out of islam too.

Silver
03-31-2009, 06:45 AM
I think they need to know what are the dangerous sects, and what sects that actually can take you out of islam too.
Perhaps you should also discuss if it is possible to reunite the muslim sects...

Ar-RaYYan
03-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe you could do a lesson on the sahabas(companions of the prophet pbuh) i find their storries so interesting mashallah :statisfie you could talk about the female sahabas -like aisha, fatima, khadija etc.

muslimah 4 life
03-31-2009, 08:21 PM
:sl:
You could explain to them the beautiful stories inthe Quran and the purpose of the stories, also take stories of the sahaabas they are so inspiring.
Also speak to them about importance of salah and other forms of worship.

Goodluck may Allah reward you.

:w:

sshussain
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Try to set up a competition, like who recites/memorisers a surah from the Quran. Who can remember a hadith with its narrator etc...

Dawud_uk
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM

the best lessons are the ones that can be put into practice, the best knowledge the knowledge that is acted upon.

therefore teach them about enjoining the good and forbidding the evil in society, about the need for da'wah to both the muslim and kuffar, about how to address strangers and those know to them about islam.

that is the sort of knowledge every masjid should teach but almost none do in the west.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.