/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!* I worshiped Allaah for Fifty Years! *!*

Khayal
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Bismillaah!
Assalaam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahe Wabarakatuh!

I Worshipped Allaah For Fifty Years

قال نصر بن محمود البَلْخي : قال أحمد بن حرب
Nasr ibn Mahmood al Balkhee said; Ahmad ibn Harb stated:

عبدتُ اللهَ خمسين سنةً، فما وجدت حلاوَةَ العبادة حتى تركتُ ثلاثة أشياء
“I worshiped Allaah for fifty years, I wasn’t able to find the sweetness of worship until I forsook three things:

تركتُ رِضى النّاس حتى قَدَرتُ أن أتكلَّمَ بالحقِّ
1. I forsook seeking the acceptance of people, so I was able to speak the truth.

وتركتُ صحبةَ الفاسقين حتى وجدتُ صحبَةَ الصالحينَ
2. I forsook the companionship of the sinner, so I was able to accompany the righteous.

وتركتُ حلاوة الدنيا حتى وجدتُ حلاوةَ الآخرةِ.
3. I forsook the sweetness of the life of this world, so I was able to find the sweetness of the afterlife.

سير أعلام النبلاء > 11/34.
Reference: Siyar 'Alaam an Nubalaa

Source.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahe Wabarakatuh!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
:sl:

MashALLAH so true,i was juts thinking about this the other day

WaSalamu Alaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
:sl:
subhanallah! they are really hard things to give up...jazakillahu khair for sharing sis...

Salahudeen
06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
2. "I forsook the companionship of the sinner, so I was able to accompany the righteous".

I'd have no friends left if I did that :( and I ain't exactly a extrovert :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
2. "I forsook the companionship of the sinner, so I was able to accompany the righteous".

I'd have no friends left if I did that :( and I ain't exactly a extrovert :(
Over the past 7 decades I had many thousands of friends. Or so I thought. Now, that i am in my twilight years I realize I had many acquaintances and possibly 3 or 4 friends and only one true friend, that being Allaah(swt)

Far better to seek the companionship of one friend, than the approval of a million acquaintances.

Yanal
06-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Over one decade I also have had many friends,some loyal,some not but Allah always was with me.

doorster
06-17-2009, 07:47 AM
salam alaikum.
I liked it all except >> "
3. I forsook the sweetness of the life of this world, so I was able to find the sweetness of the afterlife."
I do not understand it and I've seen it abused

edit:
PS

“the names dearest to Allah are Abdullah and Abdurrahman, and the worst (disliked) are Harb and Murra”(Narrated by Ibn Dawoud in “Al Adab” (4950) on an account of Abi Wahb Al Jushami.).

- IqRa -
06-17-2009, 07:59 AM
subhanAllah amazing

muslimah1234
06-17-2009, 11:41 PM
MashAllah inspirational post! jzk!!

~ Sabr ~
06-10-2012, 03:41 AM
An eye opening post. Jazaak Allaah Khayr for this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.