/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!* Leave off laughing *!*

Khayal
04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Bismillaah!
Assalaam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahe Wa Barakatuh!

Leave off laughing

Rasulullah
صلى الله عليه و سلم
told Hadhrat Abu Hurairah

Oh Abu Hurairah

1. Adopt piety, you will be recorded as those who worship Allah abundantly.

2. Be content , and you will be deemed as a grateful person.

3. You will be a mumin if you like for others what you like for yourself.

4. You will be a Muslim if you behave well towards your neighbors.

5. Laugh less because excessive laughter kills the heart.

the book " Admonition for the Neglectful " by Faqih Abu Laith Samarqandi.

Allah humma salli ala muhammadin waala aali muhammadin kama salaita ala Ibraheema wa ala aali Ibraheema inna ka hameed um majeed.
Allah hummabarik ala muhammadin wa ala aali muhammadin kamabarakta ala Ibraheema wa alaaali Ibraheema inna ka hameed um majeed.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahe Wa Barakatuh!

Source.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
06-03-2009, 03:35 AM
:sl:
Laughter

Excessive laughter makes the heart dead. It creates malice and kills solemnity and gravity. It is a sin to laugh attended with sounds. It is lawful to laugh decently when you greet or hold conversation with people. Aisha narrated "Allahs messanger was never seen by bursting into such a laughter as she could notice his palate. He rather used to smile.

Then let them laugh a little: they will weep such as the reward of what they used to earn.(9:82)

Uthman
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
JazakAllahu Khayran. This is an excellent reminder. Rasulullah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam once said that if we knew what he knew, we would laugh less and cry more.

rpwelton
06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Laughter

Excessive laughter makes the heart dead. It creates malice and kills solemnity and gravity. It is a sin to laugh attended with sounds. It is lawful to laugh decently when you greet or hold conversation with people. Aisha narrated "Allahs messanger was never seen by bursting into such a laughter as she could notice his palate. He rather used to smile.

Then let them laugh a little: they will weep such as the reward of what they used to earn.(9:82)

Can you quote the source of the hadith, as well as where you got that laughing associated with a sound is a sin? There are several other ahadith that describe the Prophet laughing to the degree that they could see his back molars.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-04-2009, 01:05 AM
(9:82)
Thats the source in the Quran. and from the rest I found from the book Islams dos and not dos byA.Rahmaan Shad.http://www.flipkart.com/do-not-islam...632-0v23f78ivc

rpwelton
06-04-2009, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Thats the source in the Quran. and from the rest I found from the book Islams dos and not dos byA.Rahmaan Shad.http://www.flipkart.com/do-not-islam...632-0v23f78ivc
Yes, I know the verse from the Qur'an, but I'm talking about the hadith.

Does the book cite a source from where the hadith is obtained (Bukhari, Muslim, Dawud)?

Yanal
06-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Yes Bukhari.

Snowflake
06-06-2009, 10:07 AM
It is a sin to laugh attended with sounds. :?

That is hard! I'd have to look into this further as I'm not sure if it applies to chuckling softly or hooting manically with laughter. :hmm:

Yanal
06-06-2009, 11:21 PM
:salamext:
Manically laughter sister/aunt.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.