/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HELP im in love with my friends' brother!!!!!!!

kauther
04-04-2009, 12:50 AM
:embarrassSalaams, i'm a practising muslimah but i cant help my feelings for my friends' brother. I would love to for him to consider me for marriage, but I dont think he feels the same way.
I'm scared to mention anything to my friend in case i ruin things with her. I dont think she feels i'm compatible with her brother, otherwise she would have mentioned summat...she knows i want to get married and her brother's looking to get married.

Anyways please help me overcome this infatuation, i sometimes cannot stop thinking about him (i know not healthy at all). I would love for him to settle down(with a pious wife who'll always keep and his family happy), i wish him all the best in this life and hereafter. i think only then will i truly start looking for my mr right and not just wait for him...?

Please advise.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-04-2009, 07:51 AM
:sl:
you know sis, whoever you think thinks you might not be compatible with someone, really don't worry about it. at the end of the day, your the one getting married, not them :D

i have a friend who thought her cousin and some other girl she knows weren't compatible. he kept annoying her to bring it up with this girl.... my friend kept refusing, insisting that this girl wouldn't be interested...he kept on insisting to give it a go, and guess what...they're happily married! :D
so in my opinion no one really can say whose compatible and whose not...

maybe your friend hasn't considered you for her bro, cos she hasnt thought of it? it happens, and hey, who said you have to go through her anyway :)

if you're interested in this bro, speak to your family about it...you don't have to directly ask her if her bros interested in you...but maybe drop a hint to her or get someone else to?

but don't let it be a "what if" do somethign about it!!!

Dawud_uk
04-04-2009, 08:54 AM
:sl:

i dont think love is the right word, love is something which comes after marriage as you get to know someone deeply, it isnt like inflatuation or lust.

if you like this man though, this is nothing wrong with a sister asking her family to arrange a marriage for her, though some cultures and families might frown on it.

so get your wali to make a proposal if you are serious about this.

Sahabiyaat
04-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Just tell your friend!
why are you shy to do so, just mention it casually and see how she reacts?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmed_indian
04-04-2009, 11:31 AM
yes, talk to ur frnd and see whts happens.

if its yes, may Allah bless you both and if its no, all praises are due to Allah..ask Him for a better one.

why waste time in no-decision.

Cabdullahi
04-04-2009, 04:20 PM
step up and say to you friend that if her brother is looking for a wife then i am the one! and he should look no further...if then she says 'EXCUSE ME?' looking puzzled say to her 'i am your friend right?!...i am a good person right?! lets go!

nebula
04-04-2009, 07:18 PM
^ haha nice reply bro Abdullahii made me crease :D

yeah... just ask your friend that you like her brother and that you want to marry him nothing wrong with that aslong as you don't start talking to her brother then things could get messy...

If he says no then don't be disheartend theirs millions and billions of other muslim brothers out their!

plenty of fish in the sea! don't go for the eel's tho.

kauther
04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Salaams every1...jazakAllah khair for your advice, inshAllah will definately try to give the suggestions a go.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.