/* */

PDA

View Full Version : na7iw ?!!!!!!!!!!

*Yasmin*
04-08-2009, 02:20 PM
when you were learning Arabic , did your teacher mention na7iw (نحو) rules (syntax) or he/she kept giving sarif rules and kept giving you some phrases and expressions ,, because i'm confused i'm helping a friend in arabic but i don't know if i must mention those rules to talk arabic without or at least with minimum mistakes, because she want to construct a sentence by her own so do you think i must give her some rules?
i mean if she want to make a sentence and use for example jami3 mozakar salem(جمع مذكر سالم) there is two forms for ex- the plural of muslim is muslimon or muslimen to make her understand when to use the first one and when to use the second one i must give her na7iw rules right ?! or just to skip those rules for there complexity for non-Arab at least at the begining? what do you think?
plz any help or suggestion will be appreciated
i hope Arabic learners or teachers give me there opinion

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
04-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I think this thread should be closed and you should PM your question to her since it's only directed at her.

Na7lah
04-08-2009, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
when you were learning Arabic , did your teacher mention na7iw (نحو) rules (syntax) or he/she kept giving sarif rules and kept giving you some phrases and experssion ,, because i'm confused i'm helping a friend in arabic but i don't know if i must mention those rules to talk arabic without or at least with minimum mistakes, because she want to construct a sentence by her own so do you think i must give her some rules? i mean if she want to consist a sentence and use for example jami3 mozakar salem(جمع مذكر سالم) there is two forms for ex- the plural of muslim is muslimon or muslimen to make her understand when to use the first one and when to use the second one i must give her na7iw rules right ?! or what do you think?
plz any help or suggestion will be appreciated
i hope Arabic learners or teachers give me there opinion
i think it would be a good idea to give her a basic run through in the basic rules, like when a word would be marfoo', mansoob' or majroor, and what would happen to the word when its in that form, also you could explain the two kinds of sentences ie. Jumlah ismiyah and fi'3liyah...

*Yasmin*
04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I think this thread should be closed and you should PM your question to her since it's only directed at her.
but brother yanal, i came here to ask Arabic learners who studied Arabic i want to know what there teachers do with them!! got it ?!!
i'm not directing the question for her bro
i want to know is it a good idea to give a beginner na7iw rules or what ?
cuz i dont want to complicate her thats it,i want to get an answer from people with Arabic Experience
beside if i know that i'll get the answer from her i wouldn't came here to ask

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok bit the question about her name wouldve been better with a PM.

Ali.
04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Ok bit the question about her name wouldve been better with a PM.
Na7iw not Na7lah...

On-topic and I agree with Na7lah.. you want to miss out the grammar for the purpose of easiness.. I think you should teach her the grammar but bit at a time.. don't suddenly throw it all at her if you get what I mean? A lot is involved in Arabic grammar, I think a bit at a time..

Ma'a assalama.

alcurad
04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't remember the exact rules that much, although I am an Arabic speaker, rather I studied them then forgot them:), you take the rules, internalize, then forget the specifics, but if asked you could easily tell an error if you saw one.

It's like english, you don't go around saying this is the past tense, this is an If of whatever type, rather you know proper usage and that's that.

it comes from practice, reading and being exposed to it rather than memorizing it, so I'd teach it, but not stress it too much.

islamlover_girl
04-08-2009, 11:56 PM
If she is a beginner , it`s not time for نحو now.Help here first in constructing a simple sentence ,then a more complecated one ,then when she is able to construct a sentence easly ,begin to learn her how to make it more correctly by using نحو .( before painting the walls u have to build it first :) )
u can use العربية بين يديك book,( download from this link http://www.archive.org/details/arabicbyh-pdf ) it may help u in learning here in shaa Allah. u will find that نحو is nearly in the 200th lesson.it`s not at the beginning at all :)
Be patient and learn her step by step, in shaa Allah she will be perfect at نحو but not now.

*Yasmin*
04-09-2009, 06:11 PM
thanx for all of you brothers and sisters

special thanx for islamover_girl ;) your remark helped me alot ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!