/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about zoroastrinsm

Zafran
04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Salaam
Are the followers of Zaroastrinsm regarded as people of the book?

thanks

peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Forced_In
04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
salam

I think the answer is basically yes, be careful though some claim to be moslems but we
know they are not.

wassalam

NYCmuslim
04-14-2009, 10:10 PM
I have heard that zoroastrians offer 5 daily prayers. Is this true?

Zafran
04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Salaam

Thanks - Did Imam Malik have a specific opnion on them - i was hoping someone could post it.

Thanks for the replies by the

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imam
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Peace

followers of Zaroastrinsm not regarded as people of the Book ... though they were treated the same as the people of the book during wars...

Imam ibn Taymia in his fatwa:

يقول ابن تيمية عن ( المجوس ) في مجموع الفتاوى ( جزء 32 - صفحة 188)

وأنما الفروج والذبائح فحلها مخصوص لاهل الكتاب وقول النبي سنوا بهم سنة أهل الكتاب دليل على أنهم ليسوا من أهل الكتاب.أهـ

English:

Marriage and meat is only lawful from people of the book(christians and Jews) ,and the proof that followers of Zoroastrinsm are not included in the term (people of the book) is the prophet's saying ; treat them as you treat the people of the book .

peace

Forced_In
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
assalam

Apparently this is a controversial issue; while majority of sunni scholars do
not consider them as the people of the book. see:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544164

The wiki page (english) claims that imam maliki of sunnis and the majority of
shia scholars consider them as to be amongst the people of the book.
Unfortunately it lacks REFERENCES. see :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_the_Book

It would be a pleasure if some one can confirm/reject these claims in wiki
with external sources.

wassalam

Imam
04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Forced_In
assalam

It would be a pleasure if some one can confirm/reject these claims in wiki
with external sources.

wassalam

Peace

I don't think Malik ibn Anas, agreed that Zoroastrians should also be included under the term people of the book .

The place which Malik ibn Anas mentions the Zoroastrians is in his book (Almoatta) Is : under the chapter Alzakat

the Arabic version available online in wikisource !
24 - باب جِزْيَةِ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمَجُوسِ

759 - وَحَدَّثَنِي عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ عُمَرَ بْنَ الْخَطَّابِ ذَكَرَ الْمَجُوسَ فَقَالَ : مَا أَدْرِى كَيْفَ أَصْنَعُ فِي أَمْرِهِمْ. فَقَالَ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ عَوْفٍ : أَشْهَدُ لَسَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ (صلى الله عليه وسلم) يَقُولُ : « سُنُّوا بِهِمْ سُنَّةَ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ »(489).
http://ar.wikisource.org/wiki/%D9%85...83%D8%A7%D8%A9

Narrated by Malik from Gafar ben Mohamed from his father said,that Omar ben Khattab mentioned the Zoroastrians and said I dunno what to do with them (the context is during a war with them),and Abdul rahamn ben awf said,I heard the prophet peace be upon him saying (treat them as the people of the book)...

1- treating them as the people of the book in war laws doesn't mean they are people of the book....

2- The term people of the book is defined clearly in the Quran:

Holy Quran 6:155
This too is a blessed scripture that we have revealed; you shall follow it and lead a righteous life, that you may attain mercy.
Now you can no longer say, "The scripture was sent down to two groups before us(Jews and christians), and we were unaware of their teachings."

the verse defined the term people of the book to the Jews and Christians exclusively .

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.