/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Islam say about war?

noor iman
04-22-2009, 01:07 PM
sisters and brothers i read this topic about understanding islam and muslims (in islamicity) And I would like to participate with you to benefit.

Like Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops, trees and livestock. As Muslims see it, injustice would be triumphant in the world if good men were not prepared to risk their lives in a righteous cause. The Quran says:

Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. (2:190)

If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things. (8:61)

War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term jihad literally means 'struggle', and Muslims believe that there are two kinds of jihad. The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle which everyone wages against egotistic desires, for the sake of attaining inner peace.

peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saba muslimah
04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle which everyone wages against egotistic desires, for the sake of attaining inner peace.
Hhmmm i am trying to go against my Nafs(Inner Sataan), If he is try to pressure on me for doing wrong way..!

AstaghFirullah..!!

Yanal
04-25-2009, 03:09 AM
An saying "War is deception"
Meaning war is because it is the act of convincing another to believe information that is not true.

That is the saying,whats your perspective on this post?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2009, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Meaning war is because it is the act of convincing another to believe information that is not true.
what do you mean?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-25-2009, 03:17 AM
War in islams view is that "battle is because one team tries to convince the opposition to believing what is not true".

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2009, 03:24 AM
War in islams view is that "battle is because one team tries to convince the opposition to believing what is not true".
hmmm can you explain pls

Yanal
04-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Ok I'll tell you in my kid words "In Islam battle is about convincing the other team (opposition) about something. You get it?

Bolded word definition: Opposition:opposite team
Convincing:making an agreeable statement.

Just telling you the defenition because you might not understand without knowing the proper definition.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2009, 03:28 AM
Ok I'll tell you in my kid words "In Islam battle is about convincing the other team (opposition) about something. You get it?

Bolded word definition: Opposition:opposite team
Convincing:making an agreeable statement.

Just telling you the defenition because you might not understand without knowing the proper definition.
well i got that from get go but what about the not true part?

جوري
04-25-2009, 04:04 AM
^^ an example of that al'7arb khid3a is
Khalid ibn ilwaleed famous battle in tabuk, where he convinced the opposition that there were more troops on the way by lighting fires to the camels' hooves at night so the desert sand would be ablaze and switching the troops he did have on the five sides to create the illusion that the enemy were fighting with brand new warriors...

How are the Muslims doing with warfare nowadays? that is right, they purchase weapons from the U.S and Russia to fight amongst themselves...
dissolved is our former glory.. and who is to bring it back?

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2009, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Khalid ibn ilwaleed famous battle in tabuk, where he convinced the opposition that there were more troops on the way by lighting fires to the camels' hooves at night so the desert sand would be ablaze and switching the troops he did have on the five sides to create the illusion that the enemy were fighting with brand new warriors...
Jazak Allahu khayr :) for the explanation

جوري
04-25-2009, 04:10 AM
sure my pleasure
:w:

Yanal
04-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Now I don't get it...

doorster
04-25-2009, 04:25 AM

noor iman
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saba muslimah
Hhmmm i am trying to go against my Nafs(Inner Sataan), If he is try to pressure on me for doing wrong way..!

AstaghFirullah..!!
great dear sister saba i think that all Muslims should do that. In fact, is not easy to do inner djihad but we must be patient for eldjannah inshallah.
Allah el mousta3an.
i'm happy to see you here saba:sunny:
peace

noor iman
04-25-2009, 10:55 AM

That is the saying,whats your perspective on this post?
peace be upon you brother Yanal

I have read your posts on this topic and i want to say that i have proposed this post because there are people who believe that Islam is a religion of war and violence but this view is Actually unfair about Islam.

about the saying " war is deception" i think that we can practice it when the war is raelly start, and this post talking also about the reasons of war in islam (as a defese and also for the sake of attaining inner peace ).

"War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term jihad literally means 'struggle'"

thank you for the definition of war brother Yanal

I hope that i have explained my ideas correctly, because i don't practice the English language fluently.
thank you again brother
peace

noor iman
04-25-2009, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

How are the Muslims doing with warfare nowadays? that is right, they purchase weapons from the U.S and Russia to fight amongst themselves...
dissolved is our former glory.. and who is to bring it back?
peace be upon you dear sister
jazaki allahou khair for your useful explaining:sunny:
i'm happy to dee you here
peace

Whatsthepoint
04-25-2009, 12:06 PM
What empires spreading wars?

جوري
04-25-2009, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noor iman
peace be upon you dear sister
jazaki allahou khair for your useful explaining:sunny:
i'm happy to dee you here
peace
likewise respected sister..

:w:

hopeful19
05-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree islam has gained a bad name over war, I think it is far to say islamic conflicts have centered around slef defense

Whatsthepoint
05-10-2009, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hopeful19
I agree islam has gained a bad name over war, I think it is far to say islamic conflicts have centered around slef defense
What about the wars that spread the islamic empire? Arabs, Ottomans etc?

hopeful19
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
yes, and there obviously opposing situations, which are good things to bring up and talk about.

AntiKarateKid
05-11-2009, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
What about the wars that spread the islamic empire? Arabs, Ottomans etc?
Are we talking about what Arabs have to say about war or what Islam says about it?

This is an important distinction to make. Let's talk about the religion and not acts which pose as part of it.

Whatsthepoint
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Are we talking about what Arabs have to say about war or what Islam says about it?

This is an important distinction to make. Let's talk about the religion and not acts which pose as part of it.
that's why I asked the question.
But then the Arab empire or the Caliphate spread druing Muhammad's lifetime.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.