/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sitting on a chair if your back hurts to pray

faizacadday
04-25-2009, 08:04 AM
:sl::sl:
for a month my backs been hurting a lot. my doctor said it is just muscle aches . my issue is that i have a hard time praying and i was wondering if i could pray while i sit in a chair. the painful part is during ruku but the rest is easy. i heard that one's salat ajir might be cut in half. can someone post a link or give me some information on the matter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamlover_girl
04-25-2009, 08:29 AM
if u r healthy and use a chair without need to do Salat ajr might be cut to half (in this case its not Allowed to pray opligatory prayers like zohr and `asr on chair,u can only pray sunnah prayers on chair and its ajr might be cut to half)

While when a person isn`t healthy ,can`t pray without a chair or praying without a chair hurts him (as in your case) ,then he is allowed to pray with a chair without losing any ajr in shaa Allah ,but don`t use it all the time ,just use it in ruku only then complete ur prayer in the normal way standing as ur problem is in ruku only. wa allaho A`lam.

Nihila
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
SAHIH BUKHARI, Book 20, Number 218:
Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: had piles, so I asked the Prophet about the prayer. He said, "pray while standing and if you can't, pray while sitting and if you cannot do even that, then pray Lying on your side."

faizacadday
04-25-2009, 11:54 PM
thanks for the replies it was very helpful

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
You can,in my local masjid many people with back problems sit and pray.

faizacadday
05-02-2009, 04:16 AM
thanks for the response yanal i've seen that too

Yanal
05-04-2009, 01:10 AM
:sl:

Title
Sitting on a Chair While Praying
Question

During working hours can I perform my Prayer just sitting on a chair?

Date
22/Nov/2005
Name of Mufti

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
Thanks for your question, and we implore Allah earnestly to guide us all to the best, both in this world and in the Hereafter.
One of the distinguishing features of Islam is easiness. Allah Almighty says: (He hath chosen you and hath not laid upon you in religion any hardship) (Al-Hajj 22:78). Thus, if a person doesn't have the ability to pray standing due to a certain illness, he is permitted to pray while sitting on a chair.
Responding to your questions, the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore, issued the following fatwa:
Thank you for your query. We commend your effort to seek the truth in the religion.
It is good that you are very concerned about performing your Prayer in these days when many Muslims do not care about their daily Prayers. It is a sign of iman in your heart.
The one performing the Prayer must abide by its rules and regulations. Although it is allowable for someone who is unable to stand to perform the Prayer sitting down, or for someone unable to sit to perform the Prayer lying down, still, we must know when that is allowable.
Praying by sitting down on a chair is only permissible for someone not able to perform ruku` or sujud due to physical inabilities. But if he is able to stand, he is not allowed to perform the Prayer while sitting down.
Performing Prayer can be very fast. You can excuse yourself for just 5 minutes to perform your Prayer, which can be done anywhere in your office, even on a staircase landing if you do not want to be conspicuous. Just keep the obligatory Prayers, and in sha' Allah, your Prayer will be valid.
Do try your best to perform your daily Prayers on time, since it is the one fundamental thing that differentiates a Muslim from a non-Muslim.
We hope that this reply answers your question. Please continue to seek religious knowledge at mosques or by reading authentic materials.

Strzelecki
05-05-2009, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nihila
SAHIH BUKHARI, Book 20, Number 218:
Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: had piles, so I asked the Prophet about the prayer. He said, "pray while standing and if you can't, pray while sitting and if you cannot do even that, then pray Lying on your side."
'Lying on your side.'?

Would this mean your right (of course) side?

JazakiAllahu kheyran.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.