PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

Strzelecki
04-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Medical Director: Swine Flu Was “Cultured In A Laboratory”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars
April 25, 2009

Editor’s note: On Friday, NPR reported that the deadly swine flu “combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before,” thus leading us to suspect it was cooked up in a lab.

Swine flu panic is spreading in Mexico and soldiers are patrolling the streets after it was confirmed that human to human transmission is occurring and that the virus is a brand new strain which is seemingly affecting young, healthy people the worst. Questions about the source of the outbreak are also being asked after a public health official said that the virus was “cultured in a laboratory”.

“This strain of swine influenza that’s been cultured in a laboratoryis something that’s not been seen anywhere actually in the United States and the world, so this is actually a new strain of influenza that’s been identified,” said Dr. John Carlo, Dallas Co. Medical Director (video clip here).

Was this a slip-up or an admission that this new super-strain of swine influenza was deliberately cultured in a laboratory and released?

Alarming reports are now filtering in about people catching the illness who have had no contact with pigs whatsoever. These include a man and his daughter in San Diego County, a 41-year-old woman in Imperial County and two teenagers in San Antonio, Texas. In fact, in all U.S. cases, the victims had no contact with any pigs.

Dr. Wilma Wooten, San Diego County’s public health officer, told KPBS “We have had person-to-person spread with the father and the daughter,” says Wooten, “And also with the two teenagers in Texas, they were in the same school. So that also indicates person-to-person transfer.”

“Dr. Wooten says it’s unclear how people were exposed to swine flu. She says none of the patients have had any contact with pigs,” according to the report.

Although the situation in the U.S. looks under control, panic is spreading in Mexico, where 800 cases of pneumonia in the capital alone are suspected to be related to the swine flu and the virus has hit young and healthy people, which is very rare with an flu outbreak. Despite the danger of a pandemic, the U.S. border with Mexico remains open.

“Mexico has shut schools and museums and canceled hundreds of public events in its sprawling, overcrowded capital of 20 million people to try to prevent further infections,” reports Reuters.

“My level of concern is significant,” said Dr. Martin Fenstersheib, the health officer for Santa Clara County. “We have a novel virus, a brand-new strain that’s spreading human to human, and we are also seeing a virulent strain in Mexico that seems to be related. We certainly have concerns for this escalating.”

The WHO insists that the outbreak has “pandemic potential” and has been stockpiling supplies of Tamiflu, known generically as oseltamivir, a pill that can both treat flu and prevent infection, according to officials.

As we previously highlighted, those that have a stake in the Tamiflu vaccine include top globalists and BIlderberg members like George Shultz, Lodewijk J.R. de Vink and former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Indeed, Rumsfeld himself played a key role in hyping an outbreak of swine flu back in the 1976 when he urged the entire country to get vaccinated. Many batches of the vaccine were contaminated, resulting in hundreds of sick people and 52 fatalities.

The fact that the properties of the strain are completely new, that the virus is spreading from people to people, and that the young and healthy are being hit worst, has disturbing parallels to the deadly 1918 pandemic that killed millions.

It is unclear as to why, if the virus is a brand new strain, that public health officials are so confident programs of mass vaccination, which are already being prepared, would necessarily be effective.

It certainly wouldn’t be the first time that deadly flu viruses have been concocted in labs and then dispatched with the intention of creating a pandemic.

When the story first broke last month, Czech newspapers questioned if the shocking discovery of vaccines contaminated with the deadly avian flu virus which were distributed to 18 countries by the American company Baxter were part of a conspiracy to provoke a pandemic.

Since the probability of mixing a live virus biological weapon with vaccine material by accident is virtually impossible, this leaves no other explanation than that the contamination was a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme and distribute it via conventional flu vaccines to the population who would then infect others to a devastating degree as the disease went airborne.

However, this is not the first time that vaccine companies have been caught distributing vaccines contaminated with deadly viruses.

In 2006 it was revealed that Bayer Corporation had discovered that their injection drug, which was used by hemophiliacs, was contaminated with the HIV virus. Internal documents prove that after they positively knew that the drug was contaminated, they took it off the U.S. market only to dump it on the European, Asian and Latin American markets, knowingly exposing thousands, most of them children, to the live HIV virus. Government officials in France went to prison for allowing the drug to be distributed. The documents show that the FDA colluded with Bayer to cover-up the scandal and allowed the deadly drug to be distributed globally. No Bayer executives ever faced arrest or prosecution in the United States.

In the UK, a 2007 outbreak of foot and mouth disease that put Britain on high alert has been originated from a government laboratory which is shared with an American pharmaceutical company, mirroring the deadly outbreak of 2001, which was also deliberately released.

As we reported yesterday, last time there was a significant outbreak of a new form of swine flu in the U.S. it originated at the army base at Fort Dix, New Jersey.

http://www.infowars.com/medical-dire...-a-laboratory/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
04-26-2009, 10:12 AM
No reason to panic over swine flu, says nation's top medico

The nation's top doctor has urged people to be vigilant but not alarmed in response to news a deadly swine flu that appeared in Mexico may have have reached Australia's doorstep.

The new influenza strain, feared to have killed 81 people in Mexico and infected 10 in the US, has "pandemic potential", the World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned.

A New Zealand school group has been quarantined after returning from Mexico City with flu-like symptoms.

Three teachers and 22 senior students from Rangitoto College in Auckland arrived back in NZ on Saturday after a three-week Spanish language trip.

The Rudd government has come under fire from the Australian Greens for being too slow to respond after learning of the situation on Saturday.

Chief medical officer Jim Bishop said emergency departments were alerted late yesterday, while GPs were notified on today.

The World Health Organisation has not changed its warning level on pandemics and Australian officials had taken that into account, he said.

"We don't think we should be very worried at the moment," he told AAP.

"We're not aware of any cases (in Australia). We have a good surveillance system in this country, we have got plenty of the anti-viral medicines.

"We're in a good state of preparedness and then obviously it will become clear (in) the next, I guess, few days, week or so, whether more steps need to be taken."

Australian Greens leader Bob Brown said the government should have done more, sooner.

"It should have been on the front foot on this yesterday," he told AAP.

"Every day in dealing with a pandemic is absolutely crucial."

Doctors have been told to alert their local public health authority if they see patients with flu-like symptoms who have travelled overseas in the last fortnight, particularly to Mexico or the US, Professor Bishop said.

They have been advised to take swabs and tell travellers with flu-like symptoms to avoid public places until they are well.

Airports are not on official alert but are aware of the situation.

Prof Bishop said the health department has been consulting with border agencies and reviewing their preparedness.

"There has been no change in the current arrangements (at airports) at this time, but that's under constant review so that could be upgraded based on information that we might get from overseas," he said.

"All the cases in the United States are mild. We don't have good information out of Mexico."

The virus, which has infected about 1,100 people in Mexico, seems to be a hybrid form of human, bird and pig flu, Prof Bishop said.

"We're concerned it would produce a new type of flu that might be less predictable," he said.

"It does seem to be (transmitted from) human to human."

Anti-viral drugs that could be sensitive to the virus are available through pharmacies and are also in the national stockpile in case of emergency.

The health protection committee, of which Professor Bishop is a member, is liaising with the WHO as well as health authorities in New Zealand and the US.

The latest information on Australia's response to swine flu will be posted on the internet at www.health.gov.au.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nati...0426-aj9w.html

Sahabiyaat
04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
:ooh:

idk
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Do You think it will get to the UK ?
:skeleton:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
^ i think it already has, i think im coming down with a flu... :X excuse me while i go to blow my nose.

Yanal
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Unlikely to get to the UK,Canada is likely to thats we have to watch out for some of these symtoms:
Diaheera(however u spell it)
Flu
Heart aches
And other symptoms I can't remember but it's going to spread with human to human and it is not caused by pork.

idk
04-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh my god !
Im [I]so[/I gonna stay away from taco places from now on, lol.
Lets all lock ourselves away and never ever go out.

Starting from..

now !

Yanal
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
It started from Mexico,anything imported from there I would recommend not to eat.

Dr.Trax
04-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Salam Alejkum!

Go to this page if you want to see the mistery about the virus.! The virus was made in laboratories by the US goverment and was already planned a long time ago ,before it was released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSV7j...eature=channel

THIS IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER (NWO)!
It also kills people........

Wasalam

Yanal
04-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Its spreaded into Canada,a recent couple went to Mexico and came back to nova scotia and learned they had the swine flu. It usually targets men aged from 25-35. Btw it's also in Europe.

Tilmeez
04-28-2009, 06:54 AM
FAQs about Swine Flu i received in email... posting if they might be of some help to some people:

What Is Swine Flu?

Like people, pigs can get influenza (flu), but swine flu viruses aren't the same as human flu viruses. Swine flu doesn't often infect people, and the rare human cases that have occurred in the past have mainly affected people who had direct contact with pigs. But the current swine flu outbreak is different. It's caused by a new swine flu virus that has spread from person to person -- and it's happening among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.
What Are Swine Flu Symptoms?

Symptoms of swine flu are like regular flu symptoms and include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu. Those symptoms can also be caused by many other conditions, and that means that you and your doctor can't know, just based on your symptoms, if you've got swine flu. It takes a lab test to tell whether it's swine flu or some other condition.
If I Think I have Swine Flu, What Should I Do? When Should I See My Doctor?

If you have flu symptoms, stay home, and when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Afterward, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. That will help prevent your flu from spreading.
If you've got flu symptoms, and you've recently been to a high-risk area like Mexico, CDC officials recommend that you see your doctor. If you have flu symptoms but you haven't been in a high-risk area, you can still see a doctor -- that's your call.
Keep in mind that your doctor will not be able to determine whether you have swine flu, but he or she would take a sample from you and send it to a state health department lab for testing to see if it's swine flu. If your doctor suspects swine flu, he or she would be able to write you a prescription for Tamiflu or Relenza. Those drugs may not be required; U.S. swine flu patients have made a full recovery without it.
How Does Swine Flu Spread? Is It Airborne?

The new swine flu virus apparently spreads just like regular flu. You could pick up germs directly from an infected person, or by touching an object they recently touched, and then touching your eyes, mouth, or nose, delivering their germs for your own infection. That's why you should make washing your hands a habit, even when you're not ill. Infected people can start spreading flu germs up to a day before symptoms start, and for up to seven days after getting sick, according to the CDC.
The swine flu virus can become airborne if you cough or sneeze without covering your nose and mouth, sending germs into the air.
The U.S. residents infected with swine flu virus had no direct contact with pigs. The CDC says it's likely that the infections represent widely separated cycles of human-to-human infections.
How Is Swine Flu Treated?

The new swine flu virus is sensitive to the antiviral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza. The CDC recommends those drugs to prevent or treat swine flu; the drugs are most effective when taken within 48 hours of the start of flu symptoms. But not everyone needs those drugs; many of the first people in the U.S. with lab-confirmed swine flu recovered without treatment. The Department of Homeland Security has released 25% of its stockpile of Tamiflu and Relenza to states. Health officials have asked people not to hoard Tamiflu or Relenza.
Is There a Vaccine Against the New Swine Flu Virus?

No. But the CDC and the World Health Organization are already taking the first steps toward making such a vaccine. That's a lengthy process -- it takes months.
I Had a Flu Vaccine this Season. Am I Protected Against Swine Flu?

No. This season's flu vaccine wasn't made with the new swine flu virus in mind; no one saw this virus coming ahead of time.
If you were vaccinated against flu last fall or winter, that vaccination will go a long way toward protecting you against certain human flu virus strains. But the new swine flu virus is a whole other problem.
How Can I Prevent Swine Flu Infection?

The CDC recommends taking these steps:

• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing. Or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
  • Avoid close contact with sick people.
  • Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.

What Else Should I Be Doing?

Keep informed of what's going on in your community. Your state and local health departments may have important information if swine flu develops in your area. For instance, parents might want to consider what they would do if their child's school temporarily closed because of flu. That happened in New York City, where St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens closed for a couple of days after eight students were found to have swine flu. Don't panic, but a little planning wouldn't hurt.
How Severe Is Swine Flu?

The severity of cases in the current swine flu outbreak has varied widely. In Mexico, there have been deaths and other severe cases. Early cases in the U.S. have been mild. But that could change. The virus itself could change, either becoming more or less dangerous. Scientists are watching closely to see which way the new swine flu virus is heading -- but health experts warn that flu viruses are notoriously hard to predict, as far as how and when they'll change.
Why Has the Swine Flu Infection Been Deadlier In Mexico than In the U.S.?

It is unclear why U.S. cases have been milder compared to those in Mexico. Among the first 20 reported cases in the U.S., only one patient required hospitalization and that person has fully recovered. CDC researchers are actively investigating to learn more about the differences between the cases in Mexico and those in the U.S.
Have There Been Previous Swine Flu Oubtreaks?

Yes. There was a swine flu outbreak at Fort Dix, N.J., in 1976 among military recruits. It lasted about a month and then went away as mysteriously as it appeared. As many as 240 people were infected; one died.

The swine flu that spread at Fort Dix was the H1N1 strain. That's the same flu strain that caused the disastrous flu pandemic of 1918-1919, resulting in tens of millions of deaths.
Concern that a new H1N1 pandemic might return in winter 1976 led to a crash program to create a vaccine and vaccinate all Americans against swine flu. That vaccine program ran into all kinds of problems -- not the least of which was public perception that the vaccine caused excessive rates of dangerous reactions. After more than 40 million people were vaccinated, the effort was abandoned.
As it turned out, there was no swine flu epidemic.
I Was Vaccinated Against the 1976 Swine Flu Virus. Am I Still Protected?

Probably not. The new swine flu virus is different from the 1976 virus. And it's not clear whether a vaccine given more than 30 years ago would still be effective.
How Many People Have Swine Flu?

That's a hard question to answer, because the figure is changing so quickly. If you want to keep track of U.S. cases that have been confirmed by lab tests and reported to the CDC, check the CDC's web site. If you're looking for cases in other countries, visit the World Health Organization's web site. And when you hear about large numbers of people who are ill, remember that lab tests may not yet have been done to confirm that they have swine flu. And there may be a little lag time before confirmed cases make it into the official tally.
How Serious Is the Public Health Threat Of a Swine Flu Epidemic?

The U.S. government has declared swine flu to be a public health emergency.
It remains to be seen how severe swine flu will be in the U.S. and elsewhere, but countries worldwide are monitoring the situation closely and preparing for the possibility of a pandemic.

The World Health Organization has not declared swine flu to be a pandemic. The WHO wants to learn more about the virus first and see how severe it is and how deeply it takes root.

But it takes more than a new virus spreading among humans to make a pandemic. The virus has to be able to spread efficiently from one person to another, and transmission has to be sustained over time. In addition, the virus has to spread geographically.
By Miranda Hitti - WebMD Health News

glo
04-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I heard yesterday that the cases reported outside of Mexico have been much milder than the ones reported in Mexico, and that they have responded well to treatment.

I work in the health service in the UK, and I think we would hear very quickly if active steps were being taken with reagrds to a feared pandemic.

Are the health services in the US and other countries on alert?

Dr.Trax
04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
But the current swine flu outbreak is different. It's caused by a new swine flu virus that has spread from person to person -- and it's happening among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.
This is the strange.....don't you think brothers and sisters?
Hmmmm....then where did the virus emerged from?

[PIE]among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.[/PIE]

wasalam!

Musaafirah
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by idk

Two people admitted to hospital in Scotland have been confirmed as the UK's first cases of swine flu, the Scottish health secretary has said.

Nicola Sturgeon said the two were "recovering well", but a further seven people who had been in contact with them had developed mild symptoms.
Source

I don't wanna scare everyone, but this is the latest news.

'Too late' to contain swine flu

The swine flu virus first detected in Mexico can no longer be contained and countries should focus on mitigating its effects, a top UN official said.

World Health Organization deputy chief Keiji Fukuda was speaking as the WHO raised its alert level to four, or two steps short of a full pandemic.

UN food inspectors are going to Mexico to examine reports that industrial pig farms were the source of the outbreak.

The number of probable deaths from the virus there has risen to 152.

Swine flu: mapping the outbreak

New Zealand confirmed at least three cases on Tuesday, and Israel one.

The US, Canada, Spain and Britain confirmed cases earlier but no deaths have been reported outside Mexico.

'Not inevitable'

Alert level four means the virus is showing a sustained ability to pass from human to human and is able to cause community-level outbreaks.

Mr Fukuda said this was a "significant step towards pandemic influenza" but a pandemic should not be considered inevitable.

Experts did not recommend closing borders or restricting travel, he stressed.

"With the virus being widespread... closing borders or restricting travel really has very little effects in stopping the movement of this virus," he said.

The first batches of a swine flu vaccine could be ready in four to six months' time but it will take several more months to produce large quantities of it, Mr Fukuda said.

WHO PANDEMIC ALERT PHASES
Phase 1: No viruses circulating among animals causing infections in humans
Phase 2: Animal influenza virus causes infection in humans, and is considered potential pandemic threat
Phase 3: Influenza causes sporadic cases in people, but no significant human-to-human transmission
Phase 4: Verified human-to-human transmission able to cause community-level outbreaks. Significant increase in risk of a pandemic
Phase 5: Human-to-human transmission in at least two countries. Strong signal pandemic imminent
Phase 6: Virus spreads to another country in a different region. Global pandemic under way

In pictures: Swine flu spreads
Life at centre of the outbreak
Swine flu: Your experiences

Health experts say the virus comes from the same strain that causes seasonal outbreaks in humans but also contains genetic material from versions of flu which usually affect pigs and birds.

A team from the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation is due to leave Rome for Mexico on Tuesday to investigate allegations that industrial pig farms in Mexico were the source of the outbreak.

Its chief veterinary officer, Joseph Domenech, told the BBC that rumours that people had been falling ill last month near some intensive pig farms meant the FAO had to act.

"[We had] no indication of human cases of direct contact with pigs but this can never be totally sure and the probability that this virus could come from pigs directly could not be anyway ruled out totally," he said.

'Decline in cases'

The number of flu cases under observation in Mexico has reached 1,614. Swine flu was confirmed in 20 of the 152 deaths.

Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova said all of those who had died were aged between 20 and 50. Infections among young healthy adults are a characteristic of past pandemics.

Mr Cordova said the first suspected case of swine flu had occurred in the southern state of Oaxaca but stressed that nobody knew "the point of origin or dissemination" of the virus.

He noted that the number of new cases reported by Mexico's largest government hospitals had declined during the past three days: from 141 on Saturday to 119 on Sunday and 110 on Monday.

Schools nationwide are to remain closed until 6 May as the country grapples with the outbreak.

In almost all swine flu cases outside Mexico, people have been only mildly ill and have made a full recovery.

Travel advice

In the US, a further 20 cases of swine flu were confirmed in New York. Cases have also been reported in Ohio, Kansas, Texas and California, bringing the total across the country to 50.

SWINE FLU
Swine flu is a respiratory disease thought to spread through coughing and sneezing
Symptoms mimic those of normal flu
Good hygiene like using a tissue and washing hands thoroughly can help reduce transmission

Swine flu cases confirmed in UK
Q&A: What is swine flu?
'I couldn't get out of bed'

US and EU officials have urged caution for anyone considering travelling to Mexico.

Tests are being carried out on individuals or groups in Brazil, Guatemala, Peru, Australia and South Korea.

A number of countries in Asia, Latin America and Europe have begun screening airport passengers for symptoms, while Germany's biggest tour operator has suspended trips to Mexico.

Taiwan has announced it will quarantine any visitors showing symptoms of swine flu.

Several countries have banned imports of raw pork and pork products from Mexico and parts of the US, although experts say there is no evidence to link exposure to pork with infection.

Shares in airlines have fallen sharply on fears about the economic impact of the outbreak.
Source

north_malaysian
04-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Ya Allah, we are so traumatised with SARS and Nipah Virus years ago.... I really hope that this swine flu couldnt be worser than those two...

north_malaysian
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

it's reported all over the world

glo
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax
This is the strange.....don't you think brothers and sisters?
Hmmmm....then where did the virus emerged from?

[PIE]among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.[/PIE]

wasalam!
This is an airborne virus - just like other flu viruses.
You don't have to have contact with pigs or eat pork to catch it. You just need to be in contact with another human who has the virus.

There are only some species which are susceptible to the flu virus - pigs, birds and humans being amongst them.

As far as I understand specific viruses tend to stay within certain species, but viruses are very good at mutating, so once in a while it happens that a virus spills over to another species (as happened with the bird flu not so long ago, and it happening with the swine flu now)

Now, I am not a virologist, but that's my basic understanding of this flu ...

The best action during flu epidemics is to avoid unnecessary human contact (i.e. crowded public places) and wash your hands very regularly ...

Dr.Trax
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This is an airborne virus - just like other flu viruses.
You don't have to have contact with pigs or eat pork to catch it. You just need to be in contact with another human who has the virus.

There are only some species which are susceptible to the flu virus - pigs, birds and humans being amongst them.

As far as I understand specific viruses tend to stay within certain species, but viruses are very good at mutating, so once in a while it happens that a virus spills over to another species (as happened with the bird flu not so long ago, and it happening with the swine flu now)

Now, I am not a virologist, but that's my basic understanding of this flu ...

The best action during flu epidemics is to avoid unnecessary human contact (i.e. crowded public places) and wash your hands very regularly ...
Greetings Glo!

Question: how was the first human affected from the virus...because you have said that you don't have to be in contact with pigs or whatever?It just emerged alone from the human body?

Second:How could the virus be spreading so fast around the world?(even New zeeland)

Third:If you have listened to the Scientists , the structure of the virus ,its DNA is mixed DNA(part from another,another and another virus....and combined together)
A real virus must contain only one type of DNA.

See this by the way:
Media Tags are no longer supported

REMINDER:HOW DID THE LADY, ON MY PREVIOUS VIDEO, KNEW ABOUT THE VIRUS THAT IT WILL BE RELEASED ,LONG TIME AGO BEFORE IT HAS EMERGED!

Peace

glo
04-29-2009, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax
Greetings Glo!

Question: how was the first human affected from the virus...because you have said that you don't have to be in contact with pigs or whatever?It just emerged alone from the human body?
You are right, Dr. Trax. Of course somebody at some point must have had contact with pigs for the virus to spread from the pig population to the human population ...

What I was trying to say was that now in terms of the virus spreading amongst humans pigs are pretty much irrelevant.
We need to take the same precautions we would take with any other flu.
Nobody should think that avoiding contact with pigs or not eating pork will prevent them from potentially catching this flu ...

Second:How could the virus be spreading so fast around the world?(even New zeeland)
With modern transport and daily flights across the globe, quite easily, I suppose.

Third:If you have listened to the Scientists , the structure of the virus its DNA is mixed DNA(part from another,another and another virus....and combined together)
A real virus must contain only one dna type of DNA.
I will try to remember to watch your link when I have more time (i.e. not when I am supposed to be getting ready for work! :D)

Peace

Hafswa
04-29-2009, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by idk
too late
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2401844.ece

AhlaamBella
04-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Is it still only 2 cases in the UK?

idk
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Yup but the virus is now stage 6 which is the most dangerous stage which means a pandemic is on the brink of happening.
Scar-y

Nihila
04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
SubhanAllah!

There is so much panic over swine flu...and yet we forget about the thousands of people who die every day because of cancer, aids and other such things....even worse when you think about all the people who die due to a lack of basics, such as clean water.

If this is what's written for us, it's what will happen. May Allah (swt) make it an expiation for those who have/get it...and a reason to get closer to Him for those who dont. And He has knowledge of all. Aameen.

Nihila
04-30-2009, 04:43 PM
p.s I didnt mean for that to sound as though I don't care about it...or as though we shouldnt take precautions...just a lil thought I had..

Banu_Hashim
04-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah I heard about that girl in Devon with bird flu. She had to be taken to hospital to try to contain it or something... Scary stuff!

north_malaysian
05-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Malaysia hit with first A(H1N1) flu case

The Health Ministry has confirmed Malaysia's first case of A(H1N1) infection after tests were conducted on a student currently warded at the Sungai Buloh hospital.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/104378

Snowflake
05-15-2009, 10:11 AM
SubhanAllah! Reminds me of the Prophet's (saw hadith..

Islam: What To Do During An Epidemic
Thursday May 7, 2009
The faith of Islam has guidance about all matters of daily living, including about what to do if you are caught up in a health epidemic. It looks now like the H1N1 virus is not spreading as rapidly as it has in past weeks, but it serves as a reminder to all of us that we need to be prepared. As President Obama instructed, people need to think about these things before they hit, and make contingency plans.
The Qur'an gives general guidance about keeping physically and spiritually healthy. More specific advice about what to do during an epidemic is found in the traditions of the Prophet Muhammad.

Epidemics have been found throughout history, including during the early years and centuries of Islam. The Prophet Muhammad lived during a time when illness such as influenza was not yet well understood, yet he gave his followers at the time some sound advice:

Limit travel. Do not travel in or out of an affected area. On this point, the Prophet Muhammad said, "'If you hear about an outbreak of plague in a land, do not go to it; and if plague breaks out in a country where you are staying, do not run away from it."
http://islam.about.com/

north_malaysian
05-17-2009, 05:36 AM
now there are 2 confirmed cases in Malaysia... both were in the same flight from Newark...

Woodrow
05-17-2009, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Swine Flu enters India. Thanks to a passenger from NewYork.
Darn New Yorkers, they will do anything for attention.

Odd that a New Yorker would have it. I only heard of cases in our deep Southern States, 2000 miles away from New York. Makes me wonder if it can be transmitted from pork meat. Some of the pork sold in New York comes from Southern States although most comes from Iowa and Kansas

Yanal
05-17-2009, 02:17 PM
So the swine flu itself is in New York. Members from there better watch out. The flu is getting more common here Canada because I had the regular flu last week but it went away,yesterday was an excellent day so I had a water balloon fight and I think I caught it again. My cousin was on the brink of suffering from swine flu as she was experiencing the following: Vomiting blood,flu,cough but the doctor sad it was just because of plain weaknesses. What timing and what a concidence.

Woodrow
05-17-2009, 04:36 PM
right now there have been reported cases in 46 states. However, looking at the numbers:

Confirmed cases
Austria: 1
Canada: 51
Denmark: 1
France: 2
Hong Kong: 1
Israel: 2
Mexico: 397 and 16 deaths
Germany: 4
The Netherlands: 1
New Zealand: 4
South Korea: 1
Spain: 13
Switzerland: 1
U.K.: 13
U.S.: 155 and 1 death

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...u-states_N.htm

I wonder if a lot of this is publicity by the vaccine companies to boost sales.

There are far more case of Malaria, yet we see no Malaria panic. Worldwide, more than 3.3 billion people are at risk of Malaria.

The disease is particularly devastating in Africa, where one child dies from Malaria every 30 seconds. In fact, malaria kills more people in Africa than any other single disease.
See this link: http://www.bitethebug.org/Page.aspx?...FRJhnAoduR7wtA

Malaria does not seem to be a profit generating disease, while Big Bucks, Mucho Dinero, Beaucoup Floose, will be made from Swine Flu. It is going to get the most publicity and the most fear tactics used in advertising. While Malaria is much more widespread with many more daily deaths it is not causing any world wide panic. Perhaps because the majority of affected countries are poor and will not make any money for the drug companies.

Yanal
05-17-2009, 04:42 PM
It is sad that our weakness is the business profit.

The death was a little kids right?

Woodrow
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
It is sad that our weakness is the business profit.

The death was a little kids right?

Correct. The people highest at risk of dieing from swine flu are babies, very young infants and the elderly. But they are also the least likely to contract it.

The child in Houston was actually a Mexican citizen whose family visiting Houston. Probably caught it in Mexico where it is more widespread and the country is crowded with a large population in a small area. More chaces for it to spread in a tropical, high populatio, tropical country like Mexico, than it will spread in far North less populated areas.

Yanal
05-17-2009, 04:57 PM
It's very depressing that we could not detect this case to save many people. Are there any cases in BC,I heard one in Nova Scotia they are a couple who went to a honeymoon in Mexico and have got the swine flu when the women is expecting a child,will he be born with it?

Woodrow
05-17-2009, 06:30 PM
It's very depressing that we could not detect this case to save many people. Are there any cases in BC,I heard one in Nova Scotia they are a couple who went to a honeymoon in Mexico and have got the swine flu when the women is expecting a child,will he be born with it?
No, in fact viruses change so fast that by the time any child is born this particular virus will be long extinct.

glo
05-17-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
right now there have been reported cases in 46 states. However, looking at the numbers:

Confirmed cases
Austria: 1
Canada: 51
Denmark: 1
France: 2
Hong Kong: 1
Israel: 2
Mexico: 397 and 16 deaths
Germany: 4
The Netherlands: 1
New Zealand: 4
South Korea: 1
Spain: 13
Switzerland: 1
U.K.: 13
U.S.: 155 and 1 death

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...u-states_N.htm
Woodrow, your list is from May 2nd. Two weeks later the figures which the WHO provides are quite different to the ones you posted. (I am colour-coding the most affected countries for easier comparison):

Countries with confirmed cases of swine flu

* US: 4714 (4 deaths)
* Mexico: 2895 (66 deaths)
* Canada: 496 (1 death)
* UK: 101
* Spain: 100
* Panama: 43
* France: 14
* Germany: 14
* Colombia: 11
* Italy: 9
* New Zealand: 9
* Costa Rica: 9 (1 death)
* Brazil: 8
* Israel: 7
* Belgium: 5
* Japan: 4
* El Salvador: 4
* China: 4
* Republic of Korea: 3
* Netherlands: 3
* Guatemala: 3
* Cuba: 3
* Sweden: 3
* Norway: 2
* Thailand: 2
* Finland: 2
* Turkey: 2
* Poland: 1
* Portugal: 1
* Argentina: 1
* Austria: 1
* Australia: 1
* Denmark: 1
* Switzerland: 1
* Ireland: 1
* Ecuador: 1
* Peru: 1

Sources: WHO/HPA/
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/04April/...flulatest.aspx

Woodrow
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks Glo. I did not notice the date.

Yanal
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
JazakAllah Khayr for updating it glo.

PS In my dream I was posting in LI and saw your name like this glo.

H4RUN
05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Cor!! I've got a mate from El salvador! He's family just came over from there for a holiday, i've got to be smoooth to avoid any contact:p What about a handshake? Hmmmm i think i've just started to like latex gloves as a fashion accessory:p

north_malaysian
05-18-2009, 01:09 AM
Malaysia has 2 confirmed cases (1 in KL, another 1 in Penang)... both arrived in Malaysia from Newark, USA via Malaysian Airlines on 13.05.2009... the patient in Penang further traveled to Penang from Kuala Lumpur via Air Asia...

95 passengers of the flight from US are being quarantined right now and the health ministry is seeking another 24 passengers...

And they're calling all those 101 passengers of the Air Asia flight to be quarantined..

This morning just heard the news on radio that another person suspected for having the symptoms.. and this person arrived from New Zealand...

malayloveislam
05-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Scary!!!! Sabah State had prohibited all imports of Pork into the State, what about the whole Malaysia??????? There are Pork selling stalls along the road of Sungai Dua near Tesco. I hate walking there from USM Sungai Dua gate even when the stalls were closed. Rather walk from Gelugor Gate than being splashed with water from Pork stalls. The non-Muslim Chinese restaurants there too are soo dirty. When will Malaysia take out those Swine from each states?? Malaysia is the country with majority Muslim, why should we listen to minority non-Muslims who are not even natives? We also have to respect non-Muslims customs when we are in their countries. There are a lot more food that can be eaten than Swine, why they have to choose pork? If beef is not delicious than try vegetable dish, fishes, sea shells, lentils, prawn, shrimp, mutton, camel meat and etc.

north_malaysian
05-19-2009, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
Scary!!!! Sabah State had prohibited all imports of Pork into the State, what about the whole Malaysia??????? There are Pork selling stalls along the road of Sungai Dua near Tesco. I hate walking there from USM Sungai Dua gate even when the stalls were closed. Rather walk from Gelugor Gate than being splashed with water from Pork stalls. The non-Muslim Chinese restaurants there too are soo dirty. When will Malaysia take out those Swine from each states?? Malaysia is the country with majority Muslim, why should we listen to minority non-Muslims who are not even natives? We also have to respect non-Muslims customs when we are in their countries. There are a lot more food that can be eaten than Swine, why they have to choose pork? If beef is not delicious than try vegetable dish, fishes, sea shells, lentils, prawn, shrimp, mutton, camel meat and etc.
I think that we have like 3-5 million pigs nationwide... we export it to singapore...

In 2002, there are about 7,200,000 domestic consumers of pork in Malaysia... where they consumed 2,574,000 pigs (154,400 metric tonnes) ... consumption of pork in Malaysia was 21.5kg per person in 2002.

In 1996, there were 2,448,020 pigs in Malaysia of which: Negeri Sembilan (26.95%); Perak (23.14%); Selangor (15.98%); Johor (14.79%); Penang (11.21%); Malacca (6.88%); Other States (1.05%)

In 2001, there were 1,563,020 pigs in Malaysia of which: Perak (29.50%); Penang (19.67%); Johor (17.84%); Selangor (16.41%); Malacca (15.12%); Negeri Sembilan (0.1%); Other States (1.36%)

http://www.jphpk.gov.my/Malay/formad...onsumption.htm

Woodrow
05-19-2009, 02:54 AM
I have not seen anything that shows it is passed from pigs, or pork to Humans. It seems that nearly all of the recent cases have been passed from Human to Human. It may have originated in swine, but that is no longer the main way it is transmitted. Seems we have more to fear from travelers arriving from countries where it is epidemic than from local pig farmers. We should avoid pigs, but there does not seem to be any reason to fear catching swine flu from them.

Yanal
05-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Are the people who have swine flu isolated?

Woodrow
05-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Are the people who have swine flu isolated?
Only if they are recent arrivals from another country.

I think we have all become too softened and now fear every disease that comes along. Precautions are good, but irrational fear is needless. Overall the health of the general populace is many times better than when I was a child. The diseases we had to fear such as Polio, smallpox, typhoid, etc have been either eliminated or are now reasonably controlled.

And before I was born it was even worse:

Compare this flu epidemic with the epidemic of 1918 (22 years before I was born)

The Influenza Pandemic of 1918

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.

Source: http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

malayloveislam
05-19-2009, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I think that we have like 3-5 million pigs nationwide... we export it to singapore...

In 2002, there are about 7,200,000 domestic consumers of pork in Malaysia... where they consumed 2,574,000 pigs (154,400 metric tonnes) ... consumption of pork in Malaysia was 21.5kg per person in 2002.

In 1996, there were 2,448,020 pigs in Malaysia of which: Negeri Sembilan (26.95%); Perak (23.14%); Selangor (15.98%); Johor (14.79%); Penang (11.21%); Malacca (6.88%); Other States (1.05%)

In 2001, there were 1,563,020 pigs in Malaysia of which: Perak (29.50%); Penang (19.67%); Johor (17.84%); Selangor (16.41%); Malacca (15.12%); Negeri Sembilan (0.1%); Other States (1.36%)

http://www.jphpk.gov.my/Malay/formad...onsumption.htm
Ya Rabbana, so ashamed to Allah, our country is still with high consumption of swine. Then, we are still not a Muslim Nation, it is just a dream :cry:. We never follow what Quran had taught strictly. So disappointing imsad:cry:! Although in certain degree I do not agree with KSA, but in the matter of banning Haram products, daily congregational prayers in mosque and also the banning of idols, I really agree with them.

north_malaysian
05-19-2009, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have not seen anything that shows it is passed from pigs, or pork to Humans. It seems that nearly all of the recent cases have been passed from Human to Human. It may have originated in swine, but that is no longer the main way it is transmitted. Seems we have more to fear from travelers arriving from countries where it is epidemic than from local pig farmers. We should avoid pigs, but there does not seem to be any reason to fear catching swine flu from them.
We had a traumatic experience in 1999

[PIE]

Nipah virus was identified in 1999 when it caused an outbreak of neurological and respiratory disease on pig farms in peninsular Malaysia, resulting in 105 human deaths and the culling of one million pigs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henipavirus

[/PIE]

malayloveislam
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
That Nipah Virus is Japanese Enciphilitis or the different one? It is spread by mosquitoes but the source of the virus is swine.

north_malaysian
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
Ya Rabbana, so ashamed to Allah, our country is still with high consumption of swine.
Well... 40% of the population of Malaysia are non-Muslims, 60% of the population of Penang are non-Muslims and 85% of the population of Georgetown are non-Muslims...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.