/* */

PDA

View Full Version : getting over the fear...

Grofica
05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I can read and write in bosnian but how do you get over the fear to speak... and i mean this can be for any language...

how do you stop worring your going to mess up the pronounciation... and just talk... i have a whole blog in bosnian (and my husband who proof read it changed very little) however i feel stupid to talk...

please help with suggestions with getting over the fear...

thanks.

~Grofica

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
:sl: sister

Well i cant quite qualify because generally strictly speak english but one language that i should know, i dont speak with elders because it just doesnt sound right. however i did learn it as a teenager from people who already knew it and found it hilarious everytime i made mistakes (which at first was in just about every sentence :rolleyes: ) how did i get over that initial fear? well i really wanted to to learn the language so i had no choice, who cares if you dont sound right at first? you are learning! Everyone learning a langauge makes mistakes, its how we can then correct them and become fluent. How about listening to people talk so you get how to actually pronounce the words then slowly speak what you can?

Yanal
05-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Bismillah Hair rahmaan Nara Heem
Here
And Heres a review of that program:This program is "very, very, very rewarding!!! I have taught English to adults in Siberia, Russia, and I worked with people who needed English for business. Three years ago when I came to live in the USA permanently, every time I spoke, I kept hearing "Oh what a lovely accent! Where are you from?" I quickly got tired of hearing these comments and tried to correct my pronunciation, unfortunately with poor results.
Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh
Islamic Bro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.