/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to listen to songs with beats/music when....

ayan333
05-01-2009, 11:25 PM
:sl:

a group of us were arguing (respectively) on whether is would be ok to play nasheeds or raps with music/beats in the background in a event directed toward the youth who are modernized and listen to music all the times.

he explained himself well MashALLAH but i wasn’t budging. he said for example. if you have a salad on one side and fried chicken on the other and you go to the hood or anywhere where fried chicken is popular what would they choose. The answer is obvious, they would choose the fried chicken but then after "capturing them" he would slowly start feeding them the salad ect

he spoke of a experiment where they took frogs and place hot water in one bowl and warm water in the others. After putting the frog in the hot water it quickly jumped out, but when they put it in the warm water and increased the temperature gradually over a period of time the frog didn’t jump out. the actually stayed in and died because it temp. Increased so gradually

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Music isn't like chicken. It's more like pure lard and 100% saturated fat that leads to a horrible fate!

If the youth like eating pure fat, do you think it would be a good idea to lure them with somethings that'll kill them or in this case, SUFFER THE WRATH OF ALLAH(swt).!

the Frog experiment work against his case! ask him: DO YOU SUPPOSE WE'll SIT AROUND ACCUMULATING BAD DEEDS FROM LISTENING TO MUSIC, until he have enough to put ourselves in Hellfire! like the frog who sat around, unaware of his fate! We can control our fates to a certain extent, so let's hope the youth don't just sit around in ignorance to the situation :/

ayan333
05-02-2009, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Music isn't like chicken. It's more like pure lard and 100% saturated fat that leads to a horrible fate!

If the youth like eating pure fat, do you think it would be a good idea to lure them with somethings that'll kill them or in this case, SUFFER THE WRATH OF ALLAH(swt).!

the Frog experiment work against his case! ask him: DO YOU SUPPOSE WE'll SIT AROUND ACCUMULATING BAD DEEDS FROM LISTENING TO MUSIC, until he have enough to put ourselves in Hellfire! like the frog who sat around, unaware of his fate! We can control our fates to a certain extent, so let's hope the youth don't just sit around in ignorance to the situation :/

well said MashALLAH...u still amaze me

what is sad is that the people who they are trying to reach from there school,which is packed with Muslims, who really dont care.there msa consist of 7plp max so i guess what he was saying made sense,only if you dont know wright from wrong

thanx habiti

:w:

Dawud_uk
05-02-2009, 05:46 AM

you are approaching this from the wrong angle, is music haram, yes absolutely.

but is it a lesser evil for the youth to be listening to songs with music on them with an islamic theme rather than listening to all the other crap out there then yes it is a lesser evil.

as such, although we should forbid music, we should be careful lest those very new to giving up the bad stuff go right back to it feeling islam is too strict.

if however you encourage them in all matters of the deen, learning the correct aqeedah, praying all their salaat, fasting, giving up bad language and fornication and intoxicants then mention music also in passing then inshallah it should be more palatable for them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
05-02-2009, 09:03 AM
I think it's insulting for an islamic themed song to contain music. Saying the words of Allah and Muhammad peace be upon him, and teaching what he preached, while at the exact same time using something haram to do it? It's like saying it's okay to have an islamic themed playboy magazine, so it won't repel all those muslims who have just started practicing and don't want to change too much in their lives.

If something is haram, it's haram, if it's not, then it's not. I hate it when people try to justify the use of music in anasheed. "It's okayy if we use music, we're not singing about bad things, it's about Allah!". Well for the record, not all songs talk about drugs and sex and booze. Some are about very beneficial topics, and have a good meaning. Are those okay too?
GAH.:enough!:

Danah
05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
I fed up those so called Islamic "songs".....sometimes you hardly hear some words because of too much instruments and music used there...astegfirullah

some people try to reach halal aims using haram ways

a stupid quote:"the aim justify the tool"...is not really work in Islam. Both aim and tool has to be permissible

S_87
05-02-2009, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I think it's insulting for an islamic themed song to contain music. Saying the words of Allah and Muhammad peace be upon him, and teaching what he preached, while at the exact same time using something haram to do it? It's like saying it's okay to have an islamic themed playboy magazine, so it won't repel all those muslims who have just started practicing and don't want to change too much in their lives.

If something is haram, it's haram, if it's not, then it's not. I hate it when people try to justify the use of music in anasheed. "It's okayy if we use music, we're not singing about bad things, it's about Allah!". Well for the record, not all songs talk about drugs and sex and booze. Some are about very beneficial topics, and have a good meaning. Are those okay too?
GAH.:enough!:
Exactly

Plus with that frog experiment it can go the other way too. listen to 'islamic' nasheeds with music then gradually add a little more music and unislamic themed songs. the shaytaan would tempt us this way more

maryam87
05-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Instead of looking at a frog experiment lets look at how our prophet Muhammed (pbuh) addressed the Sahaba with regards with whats right and wrong. Firstly he reminded them of heaven and hell then he let them know that for example alcohol is haram and forbidden. This was enough to get the people to stop drinking ALCOHOL overnight. Now it was never taught to let everyone start consuming 2 cups a day then one cup then completely stop if you know what i mean. So is there a need to explain which is harder to stop drinking or listening to music? I think its pretty obvious hence lets boycott nasheed with music

Leyla73
05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
I totally understand what you all mean. But i still don't understand why listening to music is haram? Why aren't we allowed to listen to music? What does it do to us?
Personally, listening to music didn't do anything to me, and it didn't make me change or anything. I'm still the same... :)

A.M.H.
05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
The Prophet (peace be on him) warned of a severe punishment for people who sing or listen to singing in such a situation when he said, Some people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by another name, while they listen to singers accompanied by musical instruments. Allah will cause the earth to swallow them and will turn some of them into monkeys and swine. (Reported by Ibn Majah.) This does not mean that they will be physically transformed into the bodies and outward form of monkeys and swine but rather in heart and soul, carrying the heart of a monkey and the soul of a pig in their human bodies.

idk
05-03-2009, 02:46 PM
It doesnt make young people closer to Allah. Instead, it would make me think that Music isnt haram, because it wouldnt be like quitting listening to songs at all - in fact, now i can justify it by sayin that 'religious' people make music too, so why is it haram?

Plus, it would mean that the muslims were tryna be like the non muslims, which i would see as kinda lame. Lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.