/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Change PC language

Re.TiReD
05-02-2009, 06:26 PM
:salamext:

My uncle's PC is all in German, since he's just moved from there. I havnt studied it like some people so dont have a clue what its on about, its windows XP so I can find my way around it but he basically wants me to change the language to English, and I have no idea how. Can anybody help insha'Allah?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
05-03-2009, 04:22 AM
:sl:
I have no idea how to do that but maybe you van assist him in buying a computer from here? Or go to a computer cafe and ask this who will be more help for you then most of us and inshAllah things will work out. Ameen.

Re.TiReD
05-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Wa'alaykum Salam

JazakAllah khayr Alpha Jr (lol?)

zAk, I did that already, it didnt work.

Wassalam

Yanal
05-03-2009, 06:08 PM
If that doesn't work,I have a question "how old is your uncles computer?".
JazakAllah khayr Alpha Jr (lol?)
No problem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
If that doesn't work,I have a question "how old is your uncles computer?".

No problem.
It's not old, its fairly new methinks. Thats the reason he brought it with him. He doesnt need a new one lol

Yanal
05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Try going to the control panel and then click "Region options" then you should be able to change it,if not tell me.

Yanal
05-03-2009, 11:18 PM
^if that does not happen then you need to install a language (something) from microsoft.

Zone Maker
05-04-2009, 12:55 AM

I am not sure but this might help.
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/locale.xml#xp

coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:13 AM

Click 'Start'>'Settings'>'Control Panel'
Click on 'Regional and language Options'
Click on 'Language Tab'> 'Details Tab'
Then Click 'Add' then Add German

Yanal
05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
'Add German
She actually wants to take it out of German language.

xxxx2
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Asalamu alaikum

visit the link

this how folks of bill gate say :

and follow the steps

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/r.../changeUI.mspx

if it doesnt work , it should...

last resort is yes..... you should know it
format the pc and install new windows then choose your desired language

Yanal
05-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Wait it depends on your computer,is it Windows XP?

Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Wa'alaykum Salam

zAk, I did that already, it didnt work.

Wassalam
What several of you are telling me to do is what zAk told me already, it didnt work.

I'll have to make a note of your suggestions for the next time I try it insha'Allah. Although I might have to install evrything again, how does one format the PC?

AabiruSabeel
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
how does one format the PC?
Just insert your WinXP CD in the CD-ROM drive or whatever you have and restart the PC. When you get the black DOS screen at startup, press F2 or F10, based on your PC configuration, to go to the Boot menu. Select your CD ROM drive from the boot menu to Boot from the Windows CD.
Usually BIOS is configured to read for bootable CDs first. So you won't have to change the boot menu. It will display "Press any key to boot from CD...".
Then follow the instructions. It will ask you where you want to install the Windows. Then it will say you have an existing Windows installation, do you want to overwrite it? Select yes, if you want to format. And it will also ask whether you want to format the partition or leave it intact. You can choose the type of formatting you want. NTFS format is good and you can also install Vista on it later.

After formatting, Windows will start to loading the files for installation. You can follow the instructions. When it shows the Regional and Language settings, you can select "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages". This will install files for Arabic also which is recommended.

Make sure you backup all your data before formatting

Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow jazakAllah khayr akhee, sounds nice and simple =)

I'll have to try it when I can though insha'Allah

AabiruSabeel
05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
After installing Fresh Windows, you will badly need your device Drivers CD. Make sure you have all the drivers for your motherboard.

A detailed procedure is available here:
http://lifehacker.com/software/windo...tch-157578.php

Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
After installing Fresh Windows, you will badly need your device Drivers CD. Make sure you have all the drivers for your motherboard.

A detailed procedure is available here:
http://lifehacker.com/software/windo...tch-157578.php
You might aswell have typed that entire post in German for all the sense it made to me :$

JazakAllah khayr I'll check out the link insha'Allah

xxxx2
05-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Before you start, you must have your Windows XP installation CD and the product key available

To perform a clean installation of Windows XP, follow these steps:
Back up all important information before you perform a clean installation of Windows XP. Save the backup to an external location, such as a CD or external hard disk.
Start your computer from the Windows XP CD. To do this, insert the Windows XP CD into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your computer.

Note To boot from your Windows XP CD, the BIOS settings on your computer must be configured to do this.
When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to start the computer from the Windows XP CD.
At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
Read the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then press F8.
Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where you want to install Windows XP.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP Setup.

Begin the installation

see the rest of the step @ http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...p/install.mspx

before step 6 on the above link
THERE MAY BE SMALL difference becosue you already have windows installed you first so u have to click delete partion first By clicking D then u have to make a new partion by clicking C , AFTER THAT just follow the steps from the above link i hope this all clear for you.

else you may try youtube , just search installing window xp and u will get a bunch of videos

xxxx2
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
as for the drivers, use drivermax
http://www.drivermax.com/download.htm

download it install in the computer you want to format and there is a option to save whole of the drivers

-Drivers operation
-export
once the program exports the drivers to a destination u chosee then copy and save them so u can use them later after installing the window , so u are free to format the pc

Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
JazakAllah khayr :exhausted really.

Yanal
05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Perhaps you never read my question directed at you,What is your computer? IE windows xp etc...

Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Perhaps you never read my question directed at you,What is your computer? IE windows xp etc...
Wa'alaykum As-Salaam

I do apologise brother, yes it is Windows XP.

Yanal
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Then the way zak said should work,maybe ask a professional technician could help...

xxxx2
05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
if the first step to save the driver is hard for to do then you do the following: for example if it happens that the laptop is HP or Compaq just go to the official site and from there you can find the drivers like for hp u can click here http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

for example type compaq presario v5000 and you may follow from there on

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.