/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness of sins in Islam

ragdollcat1982
05-03-2009, 06:45 AM
When a person embraces Islam are they forgiven of all the sins they committed even henious ones such as fornication, adultery theft prior to their conversion? I have did some things that Im not proud of in my life as humans being are prone to do.There was a time until a year ago that I did not put God as a priorty in my life and even though Im not sure yet if I will embrace Islam, will any of my past sins impede me from doing that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
05-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi ragdollcat1982

When a Non-Muslim embraces Islam, every last sin that he committed before he became muslim will be forgive and wiped out of his account. And his account will be as that of a new born baby who is born without sin.

Prophet Muhammad said Islam removes everything before it (meaning sins).

mattityahu
05-08-2009, 08:41 AM
'Abd-al Latif,

Could you show me where the Qu'ran teaches this?

Yours,
M

sirajstc
05-08-2009, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Hi ragdollcat1982

When a Non-Muslim embraces Islam, every last sin that he committed before he became muslim will be forgive and wiped out of his account. And his account will be as that of a new born baby who is born without sin.

Prophet Muhammad said Islam removes everything before it (meaning sins).

yes well said
:statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
05-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Greetings,

Here follow a verse from the Qur'an and two relevant Hadeeth:

Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease, their past will be forgiven. But if they return (thereto), then the examples of those (punished) before them have already preceded (as a warning). [8:38]

It is recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said,

"Islam erases what occurred before it, and repentance erases what occurs before it.''

Amr ibn Al-‘Aas narrates that when his heart entered Islam he went to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “Give me your hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spread his hand, but ‘Amr withdrew his.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked, “What is wrong ‘Amr?”

Amr said, “I want to make a condition.”

“And what is that?” asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

“That Allah will forgive me.”

Then the Messenger of Allah said, “Did you not know that Islam wipes out what came before it, and that Hijrah wipes out what came before it, and that Hajj wipes out what came before it” (Sahih Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.