/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqab optional or mandatory.

ragdollcat1982
05-05-2009, 02:57 AM
I know that hijab is mandatory for Muslim women and that everything must be covered but the face and hands. However Im confused on the issue of niquab. I know that some schools of thinking say it is optional, others say is obligatory. From what I can glean in my study of the issue is that it is optional, but a more devout women can wear it if she so chooses. Are there any sisters on here who wear the niquab who can give me their presepective on wearing it? Also is it ok for me as a woman to say hello to a niquabi and talk to them or is just best to leave them alone? I have talked to Muslim women who dont wear the niqab and have had many pleasant conversations about faith and womens issues. But a niqabi I am afriad to talk too because I dont know the proper protocol or etiquette.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amna_mirza
05-07-2009, 03:17 PM
You can talk to them. They would probably be happy to talk to you.

doorster
05-08-2009, 09:38 AM
According to Dr. Philips, it is not mandatory (opposing view is based on mistranslations)

also

Niqab is not Obligatory by Shaykh Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee

Fantasy Garden
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM

::.Peace be Upon you .::

Hello ragdollcat1982 ,
how are you ^^ ?
hope you`re doin` fine ..:thumbs_up

However Im confused on the issue of niquab. I know that some schools of thinking say it is optional, others say is obligatory. From what I can glean in my study of the issue is that it is optional, but a more devout women can wear it if she so chooses. Are there any sisters on here who wear the niquab who can give me their presepective on wearing it?

It is well known that the face is the focus of beauty , and the first thing that attracts the gaze. If the woman thinks that it is mustahabb (highly recommended)and not obligatory, there is nothing wrong with doing what is mustahabb and brings one closer to one’s Lord and makes her more like the believing women such as the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the wives of the Sahaabah. ( the companions of the Islamic prophet Muḥammad ) ,but why most of the Muslim women wear the Niqab ?
Because they would rather to follow the evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that it is obligatory for women for cover their faces. This evidence includes the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning)In order to please Allah and obey him:

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way)”
[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

“and to draw their veils all over Juyoo bihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)”

[al-Noor 24:31]

al-Bukhaari (4481) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “When this verse was revealed, the muhaajir women took their waist wrappers and tore them at the edges, and covered their faces with them.
Also is it ok for me as a woman to say hello to a niquabi and talk to them or is just best to leave them alone? I have talked to Muslim women who dont wear the niqab and have had many pleasant conversations about faith and womens issues. But a niqabi I am afriad to talk too because I dont know the proper protocol or etiquette.
SURE !!
It`s okay to say Hello , Marhaban , Konnichiwa..anything you would like :D
ask them about anything you would like to know or talk about ..
from Religion to Hobbies ,Jobs to house keeping,lifestyle to Oprah Show (I like the episodes when she hosts Dr.Oze XD !!) ..you can talk about anything
they are just normal women with normal life ..It does`t need a proper protocol like meeting the Queen Elisabeth :D
(Im not sure what to talk about while meeting her :rollseyes probably I`ll chatter about my homeworks and exams ×.×"" )
--------------------------------
You can read more on Niqab and why women wear it on :

http://www.muhajabah.com/whyniqab.htm << make sure to read it all
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niqab

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yusuf18
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
the scholars are dived on this its etheir fard or sunnah etheir way its good,and if you take your example of the wives of the profhet they wore niqab

'Abd-al Latif
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
The Niqab - by Shaykh Haitham al-haddad

Part 1
Media Tags are no longer supported

Part 2

Part 3

'Abd-al Latif
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM

http://www.darussalam.com/product_in...products_id=15

'Abd-al Latif
05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Do women have to wear niqaab?

Q.Is wearing niqaab one of the conditions of Islamic dress for women?

A.Praise be to Allaah.

Hijaab in Arabic means covering or concealing. Hijaab is the name of something that is used to cover. Everything that comes between two things is hijaab.

Hijaab means everything that is used to cover something and prevent anyone from reaching it, such as curtains, door keepers and garments, etc.

Khimaar comes from the word khamr, the root meaning of which is to cover. For example, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Khammiru aaniyatakum (cover your vessels).” Everything that covers something else is called its khimaar.

But in common usage khimaar has come to be used as a name for the garment with which a woman covers her head; in some cases this does not go against the linguistic meaning of khimaar.

Some of the fuqahaa’ have defined it as that which covers the head, the temples and the neck.

The difference between the hijaab and the khimaar is that the hijaab is something which covers all of a woman’s body, whilst the khimaar in general is something with which a woman covers her head.

Niqaab is that with which a woman veils her face (tantaqib)…

The difference between hijaab and niqaab is that the hijaab is that which covers all the body, whilst niqaab is that which covers a woman’s face only.

The woman’s dress as prescribed in sharee’ah (“Islamic dress”) is that which covers her head, face and all of her body.

But the niqaab or burqa’ – which shows the eyes of the woman – has become widespread among women, and some of them do not wear it properly. Some scholars have forbidden wearing it on the grounds that it is not Islamic in origin, and because it is used improperly and people treat it as something insignificant, demonstrating negligent attitudes towards it and using new forms of niqaab which are not prescribed in Islam, widening the opening for the eyes so that the cheeks, nose and part of the forehead are also visible.

Therefore, if the woman’s niqaab or burqa’ does not show anything but the eyes, and the opening is only as big as the left eye, as was narrated from some of the salaf, then that is permissible, otherwise she should wear something which covers her face entirely.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The hijaab prescribed in sharee’ah means that a woman should cover everything that it is haraam for her to show, i.e., she should cover that which it is obligatory for her to cover, first and foremost of which is the face, because it is the focus of temptation and desire.

A woman is obliged to cover her face in front of anyone who is not her mahram (blood relative to whom marriage is forbidden). From this we learn that the face is the most essential thing to be covered. There is evidence from the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the views of the Sahaabah and the imams and scholars of Islam, which indicates that women are obliged to cover all of their bodies in front of those who are not their mahrams.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/ 391, 392)

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

The correct view as indicated by the evidence is that the woman’s face is ‘awrah which must be covered. It is the most tempting part of her body, because what people look at most is the face, so the face is the greatest ‘awrah of a woman. This is in addition to the shar’i evidence which states that it is obligatory to cover the face.

For example, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”

[al-Noor 24:31]

Drawing the veil all over the juyoob implies covering the face.

When Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked about the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59] –

he covered his face, leaving only one eye showing. This indicates that what was meant by the aayah was covering the face. This was the interpretation of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) of this aayah, as narrated from him by ‘Ubaydah al-Salmaani when he asked him about it.

In the Sunnah there are many ahaadeeth, such as: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The woman in ihraam is forbidden to veil her face (wear niqaab) or to wear the burqa’.” This indicates that when women were not in ihraam, women used to cover their faces.

This does not mean that if a woman takes off her niqaab or burqa’ in the state of ihraam that she should leave her face uncovered in the presence of non-mahram men. Rather she is obliged to cover it with something other than the niqaab or burqa’, on the evidence of the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam, and when men passed by us, we would lower the khimaar on our heads over our faces, and when they moved on we would lift it again.”

Women in ihraam and otherwise are obliged to cover their faces in front of non-mahram men, because the face is the center of beauty and it is the place that men look at… and Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/396, 397

He also said:

It is OK to cover the face with the niqaab or burqa’ which has two openings for the eyes only, because this was known at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and because of necessity. If nothing but the eyes show, this is fine, especially if this is customarily worn by women in her society.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/399

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/21134

FatimaAsSideqah
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
:w:

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Hadith # 282

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba (Radhiallaahu Ánha) "Aisha (Radhiallaahu Ánha) used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces.

Shaikh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Rahimahullah) relates:

"Women used to room about without Cloaks (Jilbaabs) and men used to see their faces and hands, but when the verse stating 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks over themselves.' (Surah Al-Ahzaab,Verse #59)was reveled, then this was prohibited and women were ordered to wear the Jilbaab. Then Ibn Tayimiyyah goes on to say "The word Jilbaab means a sheet which Ibn Mas'ud (Radhiallaahu Ánhu) explained as a cloak covering the entire body including the head, face and hands. Therefore, it is not permissible for the women to reveal the face and hands in public. (Ibn Taymiyyah's book on fatwaas Page# 110 Vol # 2 also in the book Hijaab Page # 15)

جوري
05-16-2009, 08:48 PM

Question and Answer Details

Name of Questioner
Maha

Title
Face Veil and Gradualness in Legislation

Question
Respected scholars, as-salamu `alaykum. I am a married woman and I wear hijab (head cover). My husband wants me to wear niqab (face veil), but he leaves the choice to me. In fact, I do not have a desire to take this step. Is it enough in the viewpoint of Islam to wear hijab, or do I have to wear niqab too? Jazakum Allahu khayran.

Date
17/Oct/2006

Name of Counsellor
`Abdul-Fattah `Ashoor

Topic
Dress & Adornment

Answer

Wa`alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
Dear sister in Islam, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His sake.
Jurists have differed with regard to whether wearing niqab is obligatory or not in Islam. Anyway, the woman who wears niqab has no right to censure the woman who wears only hijab, describing her as falling short of her religious duties. Nor should the woman who wears hijab criticize one who wears niqab for being inflexible and extreme. Both should coexist in an atmosphere of harmony and mutual love, and both, Allah willing, are also right with respect to their attire. Islamic attire, be it niqab or hijab, shows that the wearer has adopted Islam as a way of life that is reflected in her morals and dealings.

In his response to your question, the eminent Muslim scholar Dr. `Abdul-Fattah `Ashoor, professor of exegesis of the Qur'an at Al-Azhar Univiversity, states the following:
Reviewing the history of Islamic Law and what has been revealed in the Qur'an and the Sunnah on the subject at hand, one finds the following:

1. Sufur (woman's unveiling her head and part of her chest) was usual in the pre-Islamic era and remained as so until Almighty Allah revealed the following verse in AH 5: (O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, that so they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful) (Al-Ahzab 33:59). "Drawing the cloaks" round Muslim women, according to this verse, refers to covering their faces and bodies so that only their eyes are left unveiled. Commenting on this verse, Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said, "Almighty Allah has ordained the believers' women, when they are to go abroad for some purpose, to cover their faces from above their heads and to show only one of their eyes."

Then, after the battle of Banu Al-Mustaliq, in AH 6, Almighty Allah sent down the following verse: [And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their zeenah (charms, or beauty and ornaments) except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof] (An-Nur 24:31). Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said, commenting on this verse, "'What (must ordinarily) appear thereof' here refers to the (woman's) face, hands and rings."
2. Ibn `Abbas, the knowledgeable scholar of the Muslim nation, would not contradict himself (as might be indicated from the seemingly contradicting comments on the verses quoted above). What he said as comment on the first verse referred to above explains what its words indicate, and what he said commenting on the second verse marks gradualness in legislation (from wearing niqab to wearing hijab only). In this context, the first ruling, wearing niqab, remains optional to one who desires to wear it and whose circumstances so allow. This will be a praiseworthy step on her part. The second ruling, covering the woman's whole body except the face and hands, is the ultimate obligation that the Islamic Shari`ah ordains on every Muslim woman.
3. It does not befit Islamic behavior that a woman who wears niqab criticizes one who only wears hijab or vise versa. She who observes firmness — implying an additional act of obedience in wearing niqab — is praiseworthy and will be rewarded (by Almighty Allah) for it; whereas there is no blame on one who adheres to wearing hijab only. However, it should be taken into account that she who chooses to unveil her face and hands should not gaudily adorn herself (by putting on makeup and the like), as do some women who wear head covers.

Based on the above, the questioner may choose the way of dressing which she likes (so long as it suits the Islamic attire for women) and there is no blame on her for either choice she may make in this regard.

Related Questions

- Problems Due to Wearing Niqab

- When the Niqab Conflicts with the Law

- Does Hijab Infringe upon Women’s Liberty?

- Hijab: Always A Woman’s Business?

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1159951503043

HopeFul
05-17-2009, 01:37 AM
I am till confused ..
as to action i feel best while taking niqab, May allah accept it.

And I must be the most talktive niqabi in the universe and I actualy dont like women drawing away from me:(

having said that I have stopped ny niqaab for some time because of this n many other reasons:( May Allah get me back to it, ameen

S_87
05-17-2009, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
But a niqabi I am afriad to talk too because I dont know the proper protocol or etiquette.
Youll find they are normal humans beings- in different shapes sizes and personalities and if they do mind itd be because of their personality not the veil :) Sure say hi to them

ragdollcat1982
05-19-2009, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
I am till confused ..
as to action i feel best while taking niqab, May allah accept it.

And I must be the most talktive niqabi in the universe and I actualy dont like women drawing away from me:(

having said that I have stopped ny niqaab for some time because of this n many other reasons:( May Allah get me back to it, ameen

Sister I will pray for you that you will be successful in wearing you niqaab. God will guide in this matter. I have usaully been too shy and somewhat intimidated to appoach a niqaubi as I had been wrongly taught that it was wrong to approach them as they will not talk to non Muslim women. Now I know better. The next time I see one I will say a simple hello and see how things progress from there.

glo
05-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I think the reason Western women might find it initimidating to approach and speak to a niqabi is that certain communicaion processes simply don't apply.

For example, when speaking to a stranger I will closely observe their body language and facial expressions to determine whether they are happy and willing to speak to me or not ...
Speaking to niqabis (I guess) is in some ways more akin to a telephone conversation: you have to rely on the actual spoken word, apart from that you only have the tone of voice as additional information.

Culturally that it enough to make approaching a niqabi awkward ... but, as ragdollcat says, for those of us willing to make the step it should be possible to overcome those feelings of awkwardness.
With practice and exposure to the new situation, it will become easier - for both sides involved. :)

peace

BintHaider
05-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Assalaamoalaikum warakhmatullah

Niqaab is an optional thing. ive been wearing it from a very young age, i started off because it was forced and the whole cast thing but later on realised thats its optional and now i wear for the sake of Allah.

This day and age men don't look away as they should, they don't lower there gaze. Muslim men are suppose to but Subhanallah you will barely see this happening even in a Muslim country let alone a kufaar country.

putting all casts and traditions aside you have to look at a lot of things...
are you strong enough
are you strong enough to take the criticism
can you manage it (its not as easy as it looks! especially when you have kids to run around after)
and the most important thing "for whose sake are you wearing it for and for what purpose"

It's not a fashion statement or a designer thing.

As for approaching niqaabi's... I would highly recommend you go up to one and talk to her, you will be so surprised InshaAllah!! Even the Muslims these days ignore niqaabi's because they don't want people to think that they are involved with extremists or they think that they are extremists.
Speaking for myself who has been wearing a niqaab for near enough 15 years I'm still paranoid. Media doesn't help and I'm sad to say Muslims don't seem to either. I try and give salaam to every Muslim sister I go past and some just ignore you, some are so surprised and some laugh at you SubhanAllah. This puts me off so much! so much!

Granted just like some Muslim sisters who DON'T wear a niqaab there will be niqaabi sisters who look down at you, or will seem as though they think they're too good for you but this is because of sheer ignorance!

Please don't think as though you cant approach Niqaabi sisters because this is from the Shaytaan. You have to remember we are Muslims too and have opinions, feeling and InshAllah the need to strive to enter Jannah! We're human just like you! It's the Shaytaan who divides even the Muslims among themselves! Seek Protection from Allah (swt) from Shaytaan and make an effort. People like me would love it and whole heartedly appreciate it!

Your Sister in Islam who loves you for the sake of Allah

glo
05-31-2009, 04:28 AM
Your post is very informative, BintHaider.

Another reason I would find it difficult to approach a Niqaabi is that they appear so distant ...
What I mean by that is that wearing niqaab seems like a way of shutting yourself away from the world. My conclusion as a Western woman would be that a Niqaabi simply wouldn't want to be approached or spoken to by me (or anybody else).

Reading you post I realise that I might be mistaken there, and the only way to find out would be to speak to a Niqaabi (:)) ... but I would still find it a HUGE cultural challenge!

Salaam :)

ragdollcat1982
05-31-2009, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintHaider

Niqaab is an optional thing. ive been wearing it from a very young age, i started off because it was forced and the whole cast thing but later on realised thats its optional and now i wear for the sake of Allah.

This day and age men don't look away as they should, they don't lower there gaze. Muslim men are suppose to but Subhanallah you will barely see this happening even in a Muslim country let alone a kufaar country.

are you strong enough
can you manage it (its not as easy as it looks! especially when you have kids to run around after)
and the most important thing "for whose sake are you wearing it for and for what purpose"

As for approaching niqaabi's... I would highly recommend you go up to one and talk to her, you will be so surprised InshaAllah!! Even the Muslims these days ignore niqaabi's because they don't want people to think that they are involved with extremists or they think that they are extremists.
Speaking for myself who has been wearing a niqaab for near enough 15 years I'm still paranoid. Media doesn't help and I'm sad to say Muslims don't seem to either. I try and give salaam to every Muslim sister I go past and some just ignore you, some are so surprised and some laugh at you SubhanAllah. This puts me off so much! so much!

Granted just like some Muslim sisters who DON'T wear a niqaab there will be niqaabi sisters who look down at you, or will seem as though they think they're too good for you but this is because of sheer ignorance!

Please don't think as though you cant approach Niqaabi sisters because this is from the Shaytaan. You have to remember we are Muslims too and have opinions, feeling and InshAllah the need to strive to enter Jannah! We're human just like you! It's the Shaytaan who divides even the Muslims among themselves! Seek Protection from Allah (swt) from Shaytaan and make an effort. People like me would love it and whole heartedly appreciate it!

I think my thing is like another poster said, I deduce from facial expressions a persons state of mind at that moment. I usually do like to talk to a person face to face (no pun intended) and make eye contact as I was always taught that it is rude to do otherwise. I can talk to a sister in just in hijab and relate just fine. A niqaubi I could not tell what her facial expressions and are and you have some women God bless them who are so devout that they even cover one or both eyes.

Hamza Asadullah
05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintHaider

are you strong enough

Asalaamu alaikum my sister in Islam i hope you are well and i'm very sad to know that you feel distress at the way our Muslim brothers and sisters are in todays society in the west in particular. I think sister that you should carry on saying Salaam to as MANY sisters as is possible because it is shaythan who is trying to put you off and say to you that it is pointless you saying Salaam to others because they ignore you but who are you saying Salaam for? Allah of course! and who will reward you? Allah of course! So carry on doing it for the pleasure of Allah. I myself have had many people not return my Salaam but honestly most of the time they genuinly may not hear you or they are in their own world. So don't put yourself down and carry on doing what the Prophet(Saw) wanted us to do which is to greet others with Salaam. Your doing all that your doing for the pleasure of Allah not for the pleasure of anyone else then carry on and be proud that your making Allah happy!

I personally believe that niqaab should be worn and the reason is because the face is a very big attraction (Awrah) and many women who wear hijaab and their face is shown are still very attracting looking and that is why Allah commanded the women in the Prophet's (Saw) family to wear a veil overthemselves and do you think that this was only for them and not for all women wanting to gain piety? If a women has an extremly attractive face then will they not be attractive to look at?

If the face is the most attractive part of the body then it should also be covered and i personally would love to marry a women who wears a niqaab for the pleasure and fear of Allah because to me she seems to be the most Allah fearing and pious. But there are some women who wear niqaab who put SO much eye make up on to beautify their eyes because that is the only part that is shown and i think that this is the deception of shaythan. Just like women who wear hijaab who wear very tight clothes which show their bodily definitions and shape. I don't know what these women are thinking because nowadays it is getting worse because their are women with hijaab who wear completley sleeveless top with very low neck and half their back showing aswell as the tightest jeans and leggings which show the whole definition of their waist and curves. Why wear hijaab with this type of clothing? I am intrigued at what these women are thinking when they wear hijaab with this type of clothing because do they not know that the hijaab becomes void?

May Allah guide us all to the straight path and not let us get misguided by shaythan. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I think my thing is like another poster said, I deduce from facial expressions a persons state of mind at that moment. I usually do like to talk to a person face to face (no pun intended) and make eye contact as I was always taught that it is rude to do otherwise. I can talk to a sister in just in hijab and relate just fine. A niqaubi I could not tell what her facial expressions and are and you have some women God bless them who are so devout that they even cover one or both eyes.
Yes it is amazing to see the level of faith of some Muslim women mashallah because they are doing this for the pleasure of Allah because the women's eyes can be very attractive aswell as their hands and feet so some women cover these too for the pleasure of Allah.

Muslim women are hidden diamonds and the beauty of these diamonds is ONLY for their partners to see. They are chaste women and the devil cannot make a man see such women in a desirable way because they have hidden all desirable aspects of themselves away.

The veil is a truly beautiful thing and it is the wish of Allah that his creations- The females cover their beuaty that he has given them and ONLY show it to their partners because he wants them to keep their respect because let's be honest now a man will NEVER truly look at a uncovered women in the same respectful way than a covered women because an uncovered women is the playground for satan to unleash lustful carnal desires in men.

A man is made this way that he may look at an uncovered women who shows off her beauty,shape and curves in a sexual way for he may not purposley do so but it may happen for that is the way a man is created and Allah only wants the best for his creations that is why all men and women should also keep their gaze low so that they avoid desires being ignited inside themselves. Everything in life is a test for us and we will find out our test results on the day of judgement. May Allah guide us to the straight path and make us of the residents of Jannah. Ameen

جوري
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
well said sis 'bint hidar'.. and aslaamu 3lykoum wr wb :welcome: aboard

glo
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
I was taught just the same.

However, different cultures teach differently.
A friend of mine is married to a Zimbabwean. In his culture it is considered rude for a young person to look at an elder when being spoken to or speaking. Instead you are supposed to cast your yes downwards.
It is okay to briefly glance up once in a while ... but any longer eye contact would be perceived as staring (and, I guess, also a challenge).

My friend finds it very difficult to ge used to that difference in social rule and custom. Perhaps it will never feel quite natural to her ...

ragdollcat1982
05-31-2009, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Yes it is amazing to see the level of faith of some Muslim women mashallah because they are doing this for the pleasure of Allah because the women's eyes can be very attractive aswell as their hands and feet so some women cover these too for the pleasure of Allah.

Muslim women are hidden diamonds and the beauty of these diamonds is ONLY for their partners to see. They are chaste women and the devil cannot make a man see such women in a desirable way because they have hidden all desirable aspects of themselves away.

The veil is a truly beautiful thing and it is the wish of Allah that his creations- The females cover their beuaty that he has given them and ONLY show it to their partners because he wants them to keep their respect because let's be honest now a man will NEVER truly look at a uncovered women in the same respectful way than a covered women because an uncovered women is the playground for satan to unleash lustful carnal desires in men.

A man is made this way that he may look at an uncovered women who shows off her beauty,shape and curves in a sexual way for he may not purposley do so but it may happen for that is the way a man is created and Allah only wants the best for his creations that is why all men and women should also keep their gaze low so that they avoid desires being ignited inside themselves. Everything in life is a test for us and we will find out our test results on the day of judgement. May Allah guide us to the straight path and make us of the residents of Jannah. Ameen

Well I leave my hands and face exposed. I sometimes will wear flip flops or sandles without socks as a Christian I am not bound to cover them like I am my body and hair. I agree that lust is a powerful thing for men and that a woman should dress in a manner that will not draw unwanted attentiont to herself. However that does not absolve a man of his responsibilty for looking a woman in such a manner. A man should avert his eyes or if need be leave the room or turn around and walk away in the opposite direction. Jesus said that a man who looks at a woman with lust in his heart has already committed adultery.

Hamza Asadullah
06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Well I leave my hands and face exposed. I sometimes will wear flip flops or sandles without socks as a Christian I am not bound to cover them like I am my body and hair. I agree that lust is a powerful thing for men and that a woman should dress in a manner that will not draw unwanted attentiont to herself. However that does not absolve a man of his responsibilty for looking a woman in such a manner. A man should avert his eyes or if need be leave the room or turn around and walk away in the opposite direction. Jesus said that a man who looks at a woman with lust in his heart has already committed adultery.
Yes of course that is why Allah tells both men and women in the Qur'an to lower their gazes because casting ones gaze upon that which we are not supposed to see is adultery of the eyes.

So are you a mormon? The reason why i ask is that not many ortrhodox Christian women actually cover apart from Mormon's.

According to Paul the explicit purpose of the Christian woman's headcovering, is that it is a sign of man's authority over woman. The explicit purpose of Islamic hijab is modesty and protecting one's chastity and honour.

It is strange how so many Westerners as well as the media seem to falsly think and portray the purpose of hijab to be a symbol of male authority and oppression for Muslim women when in actual fact it is in Christianity that the purpose of Headcovering is due to male authority.

Again a clear lack of knowledge on the part of most people most likely due to the false media portrayal of Muslim women aswell as a lack of knowledge. This is why knowledge is so important as it brings clarity to misconceptions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.