/* */

PDA

View Full Version : new muslims

Khalil_Allah
05-05-2009, 05:12 AM
4 year revert here. Been through ups and downs like all of us.

I want to help by explaining a few things that have helped transform my struggles into the absolute sweetness. Some of us are blessed with this sort of focus and connection with Allah that makes it so easy to rush to prayer and mind our obligations. Others of us fight ourselves every day just to spend a few minutes with Allah subhanah.

Listen up! Islam is easy my friends. It's spelled out into a science, a step by step guide for getting into the ranks of those who are blessed and have no worries in this life.

Start with ibadah, worship. There are zillions of different ways to make worship, but you HAVE to do it properly. You have to make proper wudu, you have to make fard prayers (even if you must make them up!). Struggle with it, but do it RIGHT.

There is reward with this, as you were promised. Taqwa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqwa If you are doing your ibadah properly, you WILL gain taqwa. You are aware that the coincidences and random benefits in life are really gifts from our God. This is that good feeling you got when you first reverted. It stays with you. It doesn't go away.

If you are keeping it up, you've got the taqwa, then add more Ibadah, more dhikr, more dua. Believe me, and believe the promises from the Messenger saws, your taqwa increases.

When the taqwa is at a certain point (probably different for all of us), you get something called tawakal. Or maybe you do tawakal. I don't know. But it comes. You forget about your pains and your strife because you know that Allah is with you. Everything gets easier, and you start to wonder why you're so blessed. MORE AND MORE TAQWA.

I'm serious, it is really that simple. And if you think it ends there, you are underestimating the power of our God! You can start to discover what I call the "secrets" of Islam. They aren't secrets, of course, but they are things that you don't get in the standard "5 pillars of Islam" book. I'm talking about Qiyam al Layl, istighfar dua, etc. MORE AND MORE TAQWA!

Always remember, the more you have to struggle, the more you are tested, the more you are rewarded. Allah is like a bank, but better. You know what you put in, but you can hardly imagine how much you will take. It's like you put in 100 bucks, you go to withdraw 50, and somehow 1000 comes out.

We let life get in the way, and we lose sight of the simplicity and power of this religion we have found. You were guided to it, now go make it happen!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
05-05-2009, 05:32 AM
JazakaAllahu kheyran ahkee.
For a second there I thought you were making a metaphor involving interest banking.

Fantasy Garden
05-06-2009, 11:00 PM
::. Peace Be Upon You All .::

Khalil Allah ,

May God bless you for every word you have written ,It is a good job explaining
TaQwA to others by discovering Islam`s secrets as you mentioned .
There are zillions of different ways to make worship, but you HAVE to do it properly
Ofcourse! the Prophet (salla Allah alyhie wa sallam ) told us when we do something we have to do it right .
If you are a Student ,study hard,work hard,and put extra effort into it.
If you are a Boss , run your business ,make it successful,and make sure it`s all Halal.
If you are a Doctor , help sick people ,make them smile ,tell them how to have a healthy life style .

..etc .

If you are keeping it up, you've got the taqwa, then add more Ibadah, more dhikr, more dua. Believe me, and believe the promises from the Messenger saws, your taqwa increases.
Some people say that they don`t feel the" Faith" Inside them anymore,although they are Muslims ! but that is totally wrong ,y`know why ?
It`s because of the "Sense of Guilt" thy developed after doing some Ma`assy
(like not prying fareedah) ,but hey! they don`t need to feel sorry anymore
we have a GOD that forgives ,and loves us .

"O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon."
[Sahih Muslim : Book 32, Number 6246]

When you ask Allah for forgiveness , and take the right path following the Prophet`s Instructions (salla Allah alhy wassallam) by being a good Muslim ..
you will gain TAQWA .

May Allah show us the right path lighting our way with Taqwa ,guiding us to the Jannah .Ameeen :statisfie

Regards ,

Fantasy Garden

ghengis
06-07-2009, 11:15 PM
khalil.

thanks bro... i'm a revert too... 6 yrs.

i'd like too add.

---- be happy with the divine decree----
---rely on allah alone---

a strange experience i had on this road, was that whenever i tried to rely on anything in this world (like people etccc...) i would experience pain. i realised i had to rely on allah alone.... therefore becomeing happy with the divine decree...

metaphor: when thrown in the sea... you rely on allah, if you get thrown against a rock say subhan allah, if you get given a wooden plank say subhan allah, if you loose your wooden plank say subhan allah, if you get pulled under the ocean say subhan allah...

and soon u may realize that you got thrown against the rock because there was a shark behind you.... u got pulled under at that exact time because allah willed it....
....and if you cant see the goodness or dont understand why? say subhan allah. and ask forgiveness for not understanding.

complete reliance.... and happy with (overjoyed with) divine plans of allah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.