/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran a source of Comfort and Joy

love_quran
05-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Greetings all,

i am currently looking into becoming Muslim. My favorite passage from the
Quran is S.56:8-40 whenever i read this or hear it recited (via quranexplorer or other sites) it is so soul filling i cannot describe it :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Nice thread! :)

Mujahidah4Allah
05-18-2009, 09:19 PM
the last ayahs of Surah Fajr, when the soul of the believer is told to enter the eternal bliss of Paradise, the believer will be pleased and Allah will be pleased with that believer...

love_quran
05-20-2009, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Nice thread! :)
Thank you Qatada. I do apologize for the lack of enumeration..imsad..i thought at the time the Surah number would be added to the line it was on. If i renew this poll I'll be sure to correct that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
love_quran
05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah
the last ayahs of Surah Fajr, when the soul of the believer is told to enter the eternal bliss of Paradise, the believer will be pleased and Allah will be pleased with that believer...
I just reviewed al Fajr and ..i do find those to be very comforting and "peacing" thoughts:)

Banu_Hashim
05-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I love them all, but I voted for Surah Mariyam.

love_quran
05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I love them all, but I voted for Surah Mariyam.
that is also a favorite of mine because of my christian upbringing and my enthrallment with the Message of Jesus. Ive had a hard time finding a pure version of his message...except for within the quran that is:D:)

Zico
05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I love them all to be honest but the only surah that 'plays with my emotions' so to speak, is shurat Maryam. I love the words used in it :D

:bump1:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Ummm I clicked on all of them...as I love every bit of the Qur'aan. Surah Rahman is my favorite as it was the first surah i actually listened to carefully...but I feel it's unfair to settle for only a few since the Qur'aan is our guidance and every bit has something for us to reflect on. So i picked em all! :statisfie

:sl:

Raudha
05-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I found it a very tough choice to make since you can only vote for one surah. But i eventually chose Surah Yusuf because whenever I feel distressed I read or listen to Surah Yusuf. Looking at the hardships that Yusuf (AS) and his family had to endure helps me to appreciate my blessings, show gratitude to Allah and overcome my distress.
Alhamdulillah!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2009, 05:44 PM
^^Sis you can pick more than one.

GreyKode
05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Surat Qaf and Surat AL Mulk, Nuff said.

Raudha
05-26-2009, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^Sis you can pick more than one.

I didn't know that :embarrass Is it too late now?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't know. If you cant see options then I guess so or you can ask an admin or someone to let u re vote lol :D

love_quran
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Ummm I clicked on all of them...as I love every bit of the Qur'aan. Surah Rahman is my favorite as it was the first surah i actually listened to carefully...but I feel it's unfair to settle for only a few since the Qur'aan is our guidance and every bit has something for us to reflect on. So i picked em all! :statisfie

Why did i author this poll?

to learn what [BANANA]Comforting Surahs[/BANANA] are for most Quran-lovers on this board. So choosing all Surahs is a bit unhelpful but thanks for voting anyway:D I love the Quran it is indeed a blessing to read it and know that the Creator loves us so much he sent Messengers with such beautiful Messages as the Quran truly is!

Soulja Girl
05-26-2009, 08:17 PM

They're all comfortin, it's kinda hard to pick, one Surah I really love iz Surah Isra, talks about obeyin your parents and lookin after em in old age like how they looked after you when you was a child... :thumbs_up And of course, Surah Rahman iz another, it really iz outta this world subhanallah! =)

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
Why did i author this poll?

to learn what [BANANA]Comforting Surahs[/BANANA] are for most Quran-lovers on this board. So choosing all Surahs is a bit unhelpful but thanks for voting anyway:D I love the Quran it is indeed a blessing to read it and know that the Creator loves us so much he sent Messengers with such beautiful Messages as the Quran truly is!
I think you missed the part where I said I liked every bit of the Qur'aan and from there i stated more :D It was my own opinion and nothing more. I find comfort in all the surahs. I'm sorry if it was unhelpful for you but the fact is I have a different thought on it. For me personally it's hard to pick. As I said, there are parts in all surahs where I find comfort and things for me to reflect upon :) Hence I chose them all.

Maimunah
05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
i love the whole quraan but i really love suraa imraan. coz i always read it weneva i feel sad
this is ma fav ayah

"So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith" (003.139 ).

love_quran
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
I think you missed the part where I said I liked every bit of the Qur'aan and from there i stated more :D It was my own opinion and nothing more. I find comfort in all the surahs. I'm sorry if it was unhelpful for you but the fact is I have a different thought on it. For me personally it's hard to pick. As I said, there are parts in all surahs where I find comfort and things for me to reflect upon :) Hence I chose them all.

no problem with that just wanted to clarify

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
No problem. It's all good :)

ayan333
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Surah Ar-Rahman has always been my all time fav Surah!

why? because this is the first Surah that i actually shed a tear after listening to Shiek AbduRahman Sudais read it in Tarweeh

the tafseer is absolutely beautiful and i read that after the Believers are admitted to Jannah ALLAH (SWA) will have David (A.s) read the Quran and then Prophet Mohamed (S.a.w) will read Surah Ta-Ha and the finally ALLAH (SWA) will read Surah Ar-Rahman

Yes! Rahman reading Surah Ar-Rahman!!! truly amazing!....and ALLAH (SWA) knows best

source:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt2gSQCa4Tc

Raudha
06-08-2009, 05:07 PM
^Subhanallah!!! :cry::cry::cry:

~Taalibah~
06-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I voted Surah Mulk. However Suras Al Kahf, Waqia, Baqarah and many others, Alhamdulillah.

Yanal
06-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Different surahs for different personalities.Mine is Surah Yusuf:)

BlissfullyJaded
06-17-2009, 12:52 AM

Nice thread. :) For the most part, Surahs Yusuf, Rahmaan, and Sharh tend to be comforting for me...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.