/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disk Knight

The Ruler
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
How do I get rid of this sugar from my system? It seems like a virus thing. But Norton can't seem to fix it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Is it the cousin of my Horse, Mr.Trojan? :><:

The Ruler
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know. It crept into my system when my friend connected her iPod to my laptop. Since then everytime connect to any external drive (USB, memory card, mobile phone... whatever) it pops up like an annoying kid. And doesn't go away unless I press F11. But it changes my vista theme and makes my window look ugly. That's makes me unhappy. v_v

The Ruler
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
http://www.mikeyleung.ca/2007/08/07/disk-knight/

Might help. Try at your own risk though. Hopefully it works in removing the sugar.
I don't trust Bengalis when it comes to technology. For starters, Disk Knight was apparently created by a silly Bengali. Tch. Demo arigatou for the link mushi nee-san.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
There's a 'worm' going round at uni and my sisters college. Well at ours anyway, insha'Allah in future dont let anybody connect to your PC

Yanal
05-06-2009, 12:46 AM
:sl:
Please us sufficent language,Whats sugar? Please explain your problem so most of us that have a low IQ understand.like me and Guven

Woodrow
05-07-2009, 01:13 AM
I use Vista on one of the laptops. The sugars seem to be based on some of the Vista commands, so many of the virus, spyware and trojan removers do not identify them.

Try running the free version of "Threatfire" I have been having some success with it on Vista.

You can get threatfire here and the free version is equal to the paid, so be certain to click on the free version.

http://www.threatfire.com/?gclid=CLS...FSbxDAodhh_r0Q

The Ruler
05-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Thank you for the link *not exactly sure how to address you*. I just downloaded the software. Ran some kind of scan... Nothing was detected. And I'm not entirely sure what exactly it does. :\

Woodrow
05-07-2009, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Thank you for the link *not exactly sure how to address you*. I just downloaded the software. Ran some kind of scan... Nothing was detected. And I'm not entirely sure what exactly it does. :\

Most members call me Uncle, Alpha Dude started that and I like it as I do see all members as being my nephews and neices.

Unlike most virus detectors/removers it does not look for identified "footprints" it scans the basic programming and removes any malicious changes to the operating system. It is a very silent background program that does not seem to do anything, but i have yet to pick up any viruses, worms, trojans, spyware etc for the past year. I don't know how it works, but it works.

The Ruler
05-07-2009, 02:25 AM
I see... Uncle.

Thanks. ^_^

Yanal
05-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Saying JazakAllah Khayr gives good deeds to you and the one who gets them,I usually call him brother,Unc or GrandPop,grandpa:).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.