PDA

View Full Version : A Collection of Tafsīr Surah Yusuf, Ayah#80

Abu Hafs
05-06-2009, 06:16 AM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

الحمد الله

The saying of Allāh سبحانه و تعالى,

فَلَمَّا اسْتَيْأَسُوا مِنْهُ خَلَصُوا نَجِيًّا ۖ قَالَ كَبِيرُهُمْ أَلَمْ تَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ أَبَاكُمْ قَدْ أَخَذَ عَلَيْكُم مَّوْثِقًا مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَمِن قَبْلُ مَا فَرَّطتُمْ فِي يُوسُفَ ۖ فَلَنْ أَبْرَحَ الْأَرْضَ حَتَّىٰ يَأْذَنَ لِي أَبِي أَوْ يَحْكُمَ اللَّهُ لِي ۖ وَهُوَ خَيْرُ الْحَاكِمِينَ

So, when they despaired of him, they held a conference in private. The eldest among them said: “Know you not that your father did take an oath from you in Allâh’s Name, and before this you did fail in your duty with Yûsuf (Joseph)? Therefore I will not leave this land until my father permits me, or Allâh decides my case (by releasing Benjamin) and He is the Best of the judges. [1]

فَلَمَّا اسْتَيْأَسُوا مِنْهُ

Imām Aṭ-Ṭabarī رحمه اللهwrites, “So, when they lost hope from leaving Bin Yamin alone with Yusuf and from him (Yusuf) taking anyone instead of Bin Yamin.” [2]

Ibn Isḥāq رحمه اللهsays, “They lost hope in him and understood the severity of their situation.”[3]

Abu ‘Ubaydah رحمه اللهsays, “They were ascertained that he would not respond to them.” [4]

Read more here

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.