05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
What kind of movies does she star in?

GreyKode
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
errrr....Egyptian movies.:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
salafy_masry
05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Is there a translation for that?
no sorry I don't know any that's been translated

salafy_masry
05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes .. as brother Grey said .. egyptian movies

Whatsthepoint
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah, but does she get important roles or is she the random niqabi woman no 3 or something?

Muezzin
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Does she do her own stunts?

Whatsthepoint
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Are you considering casting her for your latest ninja turtles feature?:D

crayon
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, but does she get important roles or is she the random niqabi woman no 3 or something?
I think she used to be an actress, but stopped when she became religious and wore niqaab.
I don't know who she is, but pretty sure that's what the video is talking about.

GreyKode
05-08-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
H'ahaaaaaaah, man she doesn't do action.
But all I can say is Subhan ALLAH.
This actress btw is one who is blessed with beauty akin to that of supermodels
and she is famous too, but she prefers to give it all up for ALLAH(swt).

GreyKode
05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
She is a superstar, and she didn't even wear a headscarf, not even religious.

aadil77
05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Are you considering casting her for your latest ninja turtles feature?:D
Ooo key word 'ninja' lol:D

salafy_masry
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
she is famous young actress ..

and whats up with the ninja stuff ?? are you making fun of niqaab ?? if you are please respect your self and behave

Dawud_uk
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
:sl:

please dont mock a believer in matters of the deen as it is actually a matter of kufr akbar.

جوري
05-09-2009, 04:48 AM
who is she, she is married to this guy.. he is Italian of origin ..
I don't watch movies and Egyptian movies are exceptionally debauched.. but what is this lady's name?
she seems happily married which is always a blessing.. haven't met many in weded bliss from any country or any religion lol

:w:

جوري
05-09-2009, 05:18 AM

she gave up acting.. she said she lived a debauched life and did everything she could possibly do -- but was incredibly unhappy, and cried for days, questioned whether or not that is all life had to offer her (money, cars, fame, beauty) and then went into seclusion, she said she really had to close the door because temptations literally came knocking, many people wanted her back in the business.. so she had to not look back...

she said she found great peace and beauty in her new life, is genuinely happy, spoke highly of her husband, (who looked down in shyness upon her doing so) and said that she feels more dignified than she has ever, and that is the closing verse actually ...her husband is Italian who lived in Alexandria, until he went to England, where he converted.. I really think Most Muslims need to go outside to re-discover their religion, I mean that was the case for me too but I digress...

so to answer your Q, I think she is retired from the business...

you should watch egyptian and lebanese movies sometimes .. you'd be rather surprised, at how conservative western movies are in comparison..

Egyptians movies are on the crossroad.. let's see -- they want to be westerners, but can't quite get a storyline that has any relevance to the people, and so to make up for all of that they infuse it with enough suggestive scenes and debauched conversations, and nudity, 60 year old women playing out of highschool it is disgusting to watch, I don't know why...and in facts Muslims are always made the butt of jokes in the movies (backwards, idiotic, wanting to bomb others) looking foolish you name it.. I think they just want to ingratiate themselves to the west -- not that they will ever meet with approval..

I just wish they knew what the rest of us know!

all the best

doorster
05-09-2009, 05:27 AM
repentance of a Shia artist and her husband?

is that the headline?

جوري
05-09-2009, 05:30 AM
No I don't think they are shiites? I think neither was a practicing Muslim.. I am not sure about the guy himself if he were something other than Muslim or just non-practicing, he said he was Italian of origin living in Alex. so I am not sure

doorster
05-09-2009, 05:32 AM
my grasp of spoken arabic is awful (Egyptian or others) so I misread a word sounding like shiite which was [شيحا] I mistook it for [شيعة]

جوري
05-09-2009, 05:35 AM
no these vids are bad.. they can never leave well enough alone, so they have to add these suffi sound affects of people ahing and oohing -- one of the things I really hated about my trip to Egypt, plus the gaudy things they do when someone recites and around mosques.. anyhow, May Allah swt yihdi the entire of Egypt and its neighbors and friends and even the enemies to sirat mostaqeem insha'Allah

جوري
05-09-2009, 05:38 AM
her name is hala sheha? I had to re-listen to the video lol..see I too am having a hard time of it
never heard of her though...:hmm:

p.s I guess she really is whom she says she is lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1407910/

جوري
05-09-2009, 05:49 AM
I actually know who she is now, I had to youtube her. .. Saw one of her movies on an airplane ride once (she played a dance instructor) odd and un-interesting movie (much ado about nothing-- with drinking) so definitely al7amdlilah she has come around...

Allah akbar

doorster
05-09-2009, 06:03 AM
found this on web
13-12-2005 , 09:26 GMT

Young Egyptian actress Hala Shiha has shocked the entertainment world by announcing her resignation for the second time in her career. The actress has also recommitted herself to wearing the Islamic headdress, the Hijab, and stressed that her decision is final.

Hala has also moved back to her family’s home, and has refused to make further comment regarding her sudden decision.
According to the Qatar based daily, Al Raya, this marks the second time the actress has made this decision, the first time was in 2003.

Earlier this month Hala was discretely visiting cinema houses around Egypt to get a first hand impression of people’s reaction to her new films, “Ghawi Hubb”, also starring Egyptian singer Mohammad Foad and “Ureedo Khal’an” (I Want a Divorce), starring Ahsraf Abdul Baki.

Hala made a point to enter the films after they had begun and exited before they ended, to avoid being caught in the crowd. She was also curious to see the number of moviegoers in attendance.

On a different note, Hala denied circulating rumors that she is having an affair with soccer player Emad Mit’eb. The actress was shocked by how rapidly the rumor was spreading and by the colorful lies that were created.
apparently she repents every few years

salafy_masry
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM

her sister does still act though .. may allah guide her insha allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.