"The Talbina" an advice from the prophet and a scientific truth
It is narrated that the wife of the prophet peace be upon him “Aicha”, if one of her relatives die, and after the funerals, used to gather the women in the familly, and ask for a pot and cook the talbina, after that she would prepare some kind of a meal called: thrida”, which is mainly peaces of bread emerged in a sauce. And she would poor the talbina on it. And tell the women: eat from it, as I heard the prophet peace be upon him saying.
Many things are seen by people as simple and with no value, however reflecting on them with a wise mind, will make us discover many medical treasures that we don’t consider, while we are walking towards modernity. One of these treasures that we humans couldn’t see, but not the prophet peace be up on him is the treasure of the “Talbina”.
“The Talbina”: is a meal made by mixing 2 spoons of barley and a cup of water, cooked for 5 min, after that a cup of yogurt and bee’s honey is added, it is called Talbina which comes from the Arabic Word Laban meaning yogurt because of its resemblances to the yogurt, as it is soft and white. And aicha said that the prophet peace be upon him has advised us to use it as a medicine, as he said.
what is more interesting, is the resemblance between what the prophet peace be upon him advised us to use, and what has the new science discovered, since wheat nowadays is on the everyday list in order to be healthy.
Decreasing the cholesterol level and treating heart diseases:
New scientific research has proved how important is the wheat in dropping the level of cholesterol in the blood, by provoking many biological processes which are:
- The binding of the wheat fibres to the extra cholesterol in the digested food, which decreases its level in the blood.
- These fibres in the wheat will proceed to many reactions in the bowel, which produce many acids, absorbed by the bowel, and playing a role in decreasing the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Some of the chemical compositions of the wheat such as: B Glucan, which reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood and increases the immunity effectiveness in the body. Nowadays, the value of any alimentary product is controlled by the presence of B Glucan on it..
- The wheat contains products similar to vitamin E called: Tocotrienol, which deactivates the enzymes helping in the production of cholesterol. That is why the vitamin E has a very important role in heart diseases.
In this way, the Talbina plays an important role in preventing the heart and circulatory system diseases, as it prevents the formation of clots in the arteries, especially the coronary arteries, and therefore avoiding, many heart diseases such as: Angina: chest pain due to low oxygen delivery to the heart muscles “ischemia”, and additionally preventing the heart infarction, which is the death of the heart muscles because of the low blood supply.
However, for those who already have heart disease, the Talbina with all the helpful components it contains, can help boost there situation and avoid them reaching a critical stage. And that shows the knowledge of the prophet peace be upon him, when he said that the Talbina helps the heart of the ill people.
A cure for sadness:
In the past, psychologists used to count on the psychological analysis and its theories in diagnosing the psychological diseases. However, nowadays after the enormous advances in science, neurologists explain sadness by a chemical failure, as it is proven that some chemical components play an important role in the mood of a human being, such as potassium and magnesium and the antioxidants and others. All these components are present in a wheat grain, and the prophet peace upon him has illustrated this when he said that it takes away the sadness.
To explain how these components affect the psychological state, we shall mention the most important of these components in the wheat, which are anti sadness:
The treatment of Cancer and the delay of aging:
- Metals: both the potassium and the magnesium have an important effect on the nervous connections, which helps smoothing the humour. In the case where the amount of potassium decreases in the body, we will feel unhappy, and this stimulates the stress and nervousness. And as the wheat contains these two important components, it is obvious that the talbina can boost sadness. And we see that these studies use the sentence decreasing the sad feeling, which goes with what the prophet said: go away with your sadness. Which is a proof of how exact were the prophet sayings.
- Vitamin B: one of the causes of sadness may be a delay in the physiological process of the transmission of the action potential through the nerves. And this may be due to the lack of vitamin B, that’s why its is usually advised for a person with sorrow, to increase the amount of vitamin B taken from some principle aliments mainly the wheat.
- Antioxidants: giving large doses of the talbina, that is rich of antioxidants including Vitamin E and A, helps in curing the cases of sadness in elderly people in a small period of time estimated between one and two months.
- Amino acids: the wheat contains the amino acid: tryptophan, which plays an important role in the formation of the neurotransmitter: Serotonin and this affects very importantly the human temper.
The wheat grain contains antioxidants, such as vitamin E and A, and studies have shown that antioxidants can repair and prevent any disturbance in the cells, which may provoke a tumour, as it is very important in protecting the body from the free radicals, which destroy the cell tissues and the DNA, and these free radicals may be considered as the main cause of some cancers and provoke aging.
9 from 10 doctors agree that the antioxidants can stop many diseases and protect the cell tissues from damage, and delay the aging process in addition of the delay of the disease called the zehimer.
Allah has also granted the wheat grain, with the natural safe Melatonin, which is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland, situated in the brain behind the eyes, and with aging the secretion of this hormone decreases.
The Melatonin is so important, because it is able to prevent heart diseases, and decreasing the level of cholesterol in the blood, additionally it helps dropping the blood pressure and it also may affect many diseases, that affect elderly people.
The Melatonin as well improves the body immunity, and delays the aging and organise the sleep and the waking up.
Treating diabetes and hypertension:
The dissolved fibres on the wheat grains, contain pektines that dissolve in water in order to delay the digestion and the absorbance of aliments form the food, and therefore control the amount of these aliments in the blood, especially the glucose and prevent its sudden increase in the blood, due to the digested food rich on it.
From this useful effect of wheat on the level of glucose on the blood, it is clear that in general all the products that contain dissolved or non dissolved fibres, that are poor in fat and calories, have almost the same effect so they should be consumed more than other products.
And because those who have diabetes, are more in risk to have heart disease, the Talbina is a very good protection, to prevent the worsening of the diabetes and its side effects including heart diseases. So the Talbina is Avery good relief for those who have a high level of glucose in there blood.
Some studies have also shown that eating products rich in potassium prevent high blood pressures, which is one of the components of wheat, which creates a balance between water and the salts in the cell. Also the wheat increases the discharging of urine, and it is known that the drugs with such effect are those used to treat hypertension.
Smoothing and calming the bowel:
The wheat grain also contains fibres, that do not dissolve in water in the digestive system, however it absorbs huge quantities of it, and stocks it, which increases the weigh of the rests but keeps them soft. Which facilitated there movement through the bowel. In this way the undissolved fibres in the grains activates the movement inside the intestines and helps the rejection of the rests.
The dissolved fibres work for the same goal, as inside the bowel the bacteria acts on it which increases the amount of the rests, and activates the bowel and as well facilitates the rejection of the rests.
Some studies have shown the importance of the wheat, in decreasing the risks for bowel cancer; as the less rests remaining in the bowel and the intestines, the less probable it is to have a tumour. And this may be due to the bowel bacteria, which acts on the dissolved fibred and the wheat which is rich in the antioxidants.
Finally, we say that if today many people change from the modern treatment to the traditional, some of them as well turn to the prophetic medicine, and they don’t see it just as a way to seek cure but a way to gain Allah’s love and an opportunity for there sins to be forgiven.” Ayah