/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salah for little brother

aadil77
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
:sl:

I have a nine year old brother and Alhamdolillah prays all his salah with a bit of encouragement, but now esha time is becoming later and fajr earlier, so he ends up going to bed around 11pm after praying esha and my wants him in bed right after maghrib around 9pm and even the latest he can pray fajr is around 4.45am so my mum doesn't let me wake him up.

So I wanted to know if its ok if my mum stops him praying these salah at this age, because he doesn't get enough sleep and wakes up late for school?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Salaam.
I'm not sure how right this is, but isn't it children should be trained after age 7 and salah becomes obligatory at pubery insha'Allah.

noorseeker
05-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Hes not at puberty yet, but Allahamdulillah it nice to hear that, very very rare nowadays,
But it will be good training.

When i tell people or when i think to my self, that we as muslims have to wake up before the sun rises, for the rest of our lives, its does sound like a real big achievement

aadil77
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I suppose in a few years time when he's at that age when its fardh, it won't be a problem what time he sleeps or wakes up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
No salah becomes obligatory from the age of 10. Right nows the time of training and hopefully he'll already be in the routine of praying and knowing the importance of prayer if he already prays all his prayers on time.

As was pointed out children should start by the age of 7.

If anything the training now should serve as a firmness later on and for the rest of his life.

Wasalam

p.s LE2 area huh :coolalien

Banu_Hashim
05-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, because of the lateness of mahgrib and isha , what doesn't he pray isha straight after maghrib (i.e. combining them)? I don't see a problem in that.

Dawud_uk
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I suppose in a few years time when he's at that age when its fardh, it won't be a problem what time he sleeps or wakes up
i hit puberty at 10 so dont be so sure it will be a few years, i would think it better he gets into the habit of praying all his five salaat than occassionally being late for school.

aadil77
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM

He is in the habit already, just needs a huge push to get up for fajr, which my mum won't allow, so don't know what to do about that?

and How can you combine the maghrib and esha salaah?

Banu_Hashim
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
" “Salah (prayer) is a religious duty that has specified times. Allah says: “Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.” (An-Nisa’: 103)

These fixed hours have come to be recognized by way of following the actual practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). So, each of the five prayers has its own time limit that should not be violated, whether by doing the salah ahead of it, which, is prohibited and categorically unacceptable, or by exceeding it and doing the salah after it unless there is an acceptable excuse. Otherwise, one commits a sin by so doing.

Anyhow, it is out of this religion's ease and practicality that it makes it permissible to combine two prayers, i.e., Zuhr and `Asr together and Maghrib and `Isha’ together, whether by offering the second at the time of the first or by delaying the first to the time of the second, on account of some reasons, including travel, as proven by the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Following are some other reasons accepted for such permissibility:

1. Rain, mud, snow, violent wind and storms, as well as any similar inclement weather conditions or natural disasters that prevent people from performing each salah on time except through formidable pain and trouble.

2. Need or fear. This is meant to remove pain and trouble from people, as indicated in the hadith, narrated by Ibn `Abbas. Imam Muslim narrated on the authority of Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) that he said, “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) has often combined Zuhr and `Asr, and Maghrib and `Isha’, for no fear or travel.”

Another version of the hadith reads, “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) combined Zuhr and `Asr, and Maghrib and `Isha’, in Madinah under no circumstances of fear or rain.” Ibn `Abbas was asked, “So, why did he do that?” He answered that he (the Prophet) wanted to remove hardship and troubles off his nation."

Have a look at the full article:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543158

aadil77
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
ok jazakhallah

YusufNoor
05-11-2009, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
" “Salah (prayer) is a religious duty that has specified times. Allah says: “Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.” (An-Nisa’: 103)

These fixed hours have come to be recognized by way of following the actual practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). So, each of the five prayers has its own time limit that should not be violated, whether by doing the salah ahead of it, which, is prohibited and categorically unacceptable, or by exceeding it and doing the salah after it unless there is an acceptable excuse. Otherwise, one commits a sin by so doing.

Anyhow, it is out of this religion's ease and practicality that it makes it permissible to combine two prayers, i.e., Zuhr and `Asr together and Maghrib and `Isha’ together, whether by offering the second at the time of the first or by delaying the first to the time of the second, on account of some reasons, including travel, as proven by the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Following are some other reasons accepted for such permissibility:

1. Rain, mud, snow, violent wind and storms, as well as any similar inclement weather conditions or natural disasters that prevent people from performing each salah on time except through formidable pain and trouble.

2. Need or fear. This is meant to remove pain and trouble from people, as indicated in the hadith, narrated by Ibn `Abbas. Imam Muslim narrated on the authority of Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) that he said, “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) has often combined Zuhr and `Asr, and Maghrib and `Isha’, for no fear or travel.”

Another version of the hadith reads, “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) combined Zuhr and `Asr, and Maghrib and `Isha’, in Madinah under no circumstances of fear or rain.” Ibn `Abbas was asked, “So, why did he do that?” He answered that he (the Prophet) wanted to remove hardship and troubles off his nation."

Have a look at the full article:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543158
:sl:

Alhumdulillah! someone gets it!

JazakAllah Khayr for the post!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.