/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evil/Jinn Possession in reality- Sleep Paralysis

hrm
05-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam. Anyone who is fimiliar with Jinns and believe that they exist as amply witnessed through the Quran will read with intent and believe in what I am about to present to you. Maybe some of you may already have gone through this experience but are afraid or unwilling to share these stories.
The state of sleep praylasis that western audience is aware of is actually possession that takes place during the dark of night. Muslims belief is that there are numerous evils that exist that we do not know about. Allah says in the Quran " and we have created that which you know not".
We know that there is the great satan (arabic iblies in Quran and in hebrew azabeel in Turat and in english we just refer to his as evil or satan. He belongs to the tribe of Jinn created by Allah subahanoo wa taala before the birth of Adam (pbuh). The jinns are made of smokeless fire that's why we cannot see them with our eyes when we are fully concious and awake. But here is the trick. We can observe them during the night in the state when we are neither fully sleep or fully awake. Its like a slumber but actually going towards sleep.
This is what started to happen to me when I was Karachi, Pakistan during the 1991 onwards. I would see my self being paralysed completely. I could slightly open my eyes and thats all. Nothing I can do will let me take control of my body and my bodyparts would not respond. I would start to read quranic ayats and slowly the hold would be released and I would go free. At first I could not understand why this was happening but then one night I actually saw the perpetrator of my state of paralysis. An evil spirit belonging to the tribe of Jinn. Very ugly, intensly black, wearing black rags for clothes, around 4'8" tall or less slowing advancing towards me from the right corner of my room towards my bed. At first I was afraid what the hell is this thing which has paralysed me but then I would start to recite any quranic ayat she would disappear slowly and my body would become active again. This kept of going from time to time. When I left for USA in 1998, guess what? She was there too. No borders, no visa no citizenship requirement LOL.
Anyway, when I started my prayers regularly and starting reciting quran with understanding, Allah showed me a dream in which his angel appeared to me in the shape of beautiful man and promised me protection from any such evil in future. (please read my dreams on trueislamicdreams.com). Since 2006 she has stopped coming and i can now sleep at ease. One thing I would recommend to you all : please keep one blub on when you go to sleep. This evil spirit tends to come in total darkness.
SubhanAllah. This way Allah has also explained the meaning of the verse which is widely read but few could understand. It is from Surah Falak
" wa min sharr gasikin atha wakub" meaning = (seek refuge in Allah) "from the evil of the darkness when it is intense" . It is the darkness when it is intense that a door to such evil spirits/jinns open and they come forth. But here again remember only those who are away from Allah's rememberance and those who are disbelievers in Allah and His last messanger Mohammad s.a.w. are affected by such evils and sometimes we find people dead in their bed thinking they went through heart attack. Have we ever determined there could be something else too.
I hope my brother and sisters you might have gone through such an experience or similar to it. If you have please contribue here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
06-07-2009, 04:33 AM
sleep paralysis is horrible, being concious but not being able to move is really scary feeling. i had no idea it had anything to do with the jinn
salam

malayloveislam
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Always experienced that when I'm a little boy. Especially my flat where I once lived, was inhabited by non-Muslim Chinese and Indians. Some of them committing suicide when they have personal problems. I think the place is dirty (with shirk), so no wonder if there are Jinn there.

hrm
06-07-2009, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
Always experienced that when I'm a little boy. Especially my flat where I once lived, was inhabited by non-Muslim Chinese and Indians. Some of them committing suicide when they have personal problems. I think the place is dirty (with shirk), so no wonder if there are Jinn there.
I don't believe that where there are chinese and indians living in an apartment builiding it is sinful and is surrounded by jinns. That's the most ridiculous thing i ever heard. I have livied with non-muslims chinese/indians/ atheist/ jews/ christians in USA and never felt my emaan( faith) take a nose dive. On the other hand, I believe it is the muslims who do not practice the teachings of Quran who are worst of all human beings. They are worst then jews/ christians/ indians/ buddist and even evil jinns. They are the one who bring wrath of God unto themselves and others.
Hopefully you get my point

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
malayloveislam
06-07-2009, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
I don't believe that where there are chinese and indians living in an apartment builiding it is sinful and is surrounded by jinns. That's the most ridiculous thing i ever heard. I have livied with non-muslims chinese/indians/ atheist/ jews/ christians in USA and never felt my emaan( faith) take a nose dive. On the other hand, I believe it is the muslims who do not practice the teachings of Quran who are worst of all human beings. They are worst then jews/ christians/ indians/ buddist and even evil jinns. They are the one who bring wrath of God unto themselves and others.
Hopefully you get my point
Nope, my point is the act of killing themselves. The flat is somehow spooky to people who walk around. When the person's head touched the floor after they jumped, their brain sparsed all over and blood is everywhere. Usually police did not cleaning the place of event as quick as possible, but executing several procedures. As it is in Islam, Jinns, especially the evil ones love everything dirty beside dragging human into shirk.

hrm
06-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Where is this place located, which country, which city, which street? Please mention in your next post so that readers can get themselves engrossed deeply and maybe someone living in that country, city or neighborhood would be able to second that or go visit that place and do more research.
But thanks for sharing your views.
Best regards.

malayloveislam
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
It is in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur the district Cheras. That place is known as Flat Sri Sabah and it is quite "dirty" for me just like hospitals, schools (psychologically may be dirty), the place to perform ablution (where sins flow) and etc. Indians in our country are quite superstitious, most of them are the South Indians, and yes they too perform worshiping to Jinns that walks around the place where accidents happen (Qarin), that is what I call as Shirk. Sometimes ignorant Muslims too dragged to believe and mistook that the Qarin is the soul of the dead person while it is not. There are several other places like the house left by the lord, dirty and dark alleys, jungles, and etc that being the places where Jinns love to dwell. You're welkome.

abu_musab461
06-14-2009, 04:07 AM
make sure you protect your self before sleeping- sleep in wudu and read ayat al kursi, last two verses of surah baqarah and last two quls then blow on your hands and wipe over the front of your bodies.

hrm
06-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Yes Brother I do that now and Alhumdullah, that evil has stopped disturbing me. Sometimes she tries to come inside the room but now I wake up before she enters. Allah has protected me from that evil. Alhumdullah.

abu_musab461
06-14-2009, 04:38 AM
What is al-Jathoom?

We often hear about al-Jathoom, which is a jinni that sits (yajthum) on a person’s chest if he has been neglecting prayer or other duties. Is there anything in the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that mentions that? Or is it a myth and fable?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Al-Jathoom is the kaboos (incubus, evil spirit, nightmare) that descends upon a person in his sleep.

Ibn al-Manzoor said:

Al-Jathaam or al-Jathoom is the kaboos that descends upon a person at night… the one that descends upon a person when he is sleeping is called al-jathoom.

Lisaan al-‘Arab (12/83)

He also said:

The kaboos is the one that descends upon the sleeper at night. And it was said that it is the precursor to epilepsy. One of the linguists said: I do not think that it is an Arabic word; rather it is al-naydalaan; it is also known as al-barook or al-jathoom.

Lisaan al-‘Arab (6/190).

Secondly:

The “jathoom” may be caused by a physical reason, such as eating too much or taking too much medicine, or it may be due to being overpowered by the jinn. The former may be treated by cupping and reducing the intake of food etc. The latter may be treated by means of the Qur’aan and reciting dhikrs that are prescribed in Islam.

Ibn Seena said in his medical book al-Qanoon:

Chapter on al-kaboos:

It is also called al-khaaniq (the strangler), and in Arabic it is also called al-jathoom and al-naydalaan.

Al-kaboos is a disease that a person feels when he is falling asleep and imagines something heavy pressing upon him, squeezing him and constricting his breathing, hence he cannot speak or move, and he is almost suffocated because of the obstruction of his airway. When it goes away, he wakes up immediately. This is the precursor to one of three things: epilepsy, apoplexy or mania. That applies if it is due to physical causes and there is no other non-physical cause. End quote.

Modern doctors say likewise. Dr. Hassaan Shamsi Basha has divided kaboos into two categories: temporary kaboos and recurrent kaboos; he regards the former as being due to physical causes and the latter as being due to the effect of the jinn.

He says in his book al-Nawm wa’l-Araq wa’l-Ahlaam (sleep, insomnia and dreams):

1) Temporary kaboos:

This happens for two reasons:

A- Vapours that rise to the brain through the breathing channels when first falling asleep, so the person afflicted feels that he cannot move or speak, or he feels a kind of panic. This is the precursor of a physical epileptic seizure, and it also happens when one is exposed to psychological pressures.

B- Administration of medicines that can cause kaboos such as:

(i) Arazrabine

(ii) Beta blockers

(iii) Lifod B

(iv) Antidepressants

(v) After stopping the use of tranquillizers such as valium.

2) Recurrent kaboos. This kind of kaboos indicates that a person has been harmed by evil spirits. End quote.

Conclusion:

Jathoom refers to kaboos, which is not a myth or fable, rather it is something real that does happen; it may be caused by physical factors or it may be caused by the jinn.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/75612/

hrm
06-14-2009, 04:50 AM
:sl:
Brother in my case it is neither al-jathoom or al-naydalaan. Maybe Ibn al-Manzoor or Ibn Seena went through with the problems you quoted or did research on such illnesses. This was not my case. If you read my original post very carefully you would see that no one sat on my chest or i didn't suffer from any illness you quoted Ibn Seena on. My case was very different. I have even discribed the evil in detail and she comes from the right side of the room and approaches you while you are not fully asleep. Please read my original post again. Thank you brother. :w:

abu_musab461
06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Read Surah baqarah in your house, every three days.

These external jinns can end up possessing you if your not careful- protect your self.

ghengis
06-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Wat??? Thats scary....

I admit, ages ago i woke and couldnt move for about 3-5secs but i always credited to nightmares etc... That scared me... And i was scared to move???

Woh!!!

I know a girl who was suddenly struck with immobility from the waist down.... No medical reason. Jinn???

How else can we protect against these jinn??

ghengis
06-15-2009, 04:23 AM
This was before i converted to islam.... :)

i thought jinn dont hang aound in public places?? Antisocial things u know?? :)

Wyatt
06-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Um... I do not believe Sleep Paralysis has anything to do with Jinns. I get Sleep Paralysis at least once a month, and it is very scary, but the most reasonable explanation for it I have heard is that the chemical that stops one from acting out their dreams is still in your body as you wake up, so you can't move when you may want to.

Hence why this is mostly common in children or through the puberty-stage where the body may be all messed up and changing.

It seems to me like just because something is inexplicable and 'not good', it must be related to evil spirits or Satan, which seems like you are jumping to conclusions a bit quickly.

After having it so many times, one gets used to them. Now, when I get it, I just relax and know it will be over with over time and my hallucinations aren't so bad.

hrm
06-15-2009, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
Wat??? Thats scary....

I admit, ages ago i woke and couldnt move for about 3-5secs but i always credited to nightmares etc... That scared me... And i was scared to move???

Woh!!!

I know a girl who was suddenly struck with immobility from the waist down.... No medical reason. Jinn???

How else can we protect against these jinn??
:sl:Ya you are right. They don't hang around public places. But your bedroom is not a public place for sure. It is your private santurary. Also, the place where I use to live in USA was surrounded by trees and at night it became very still and dark. Anyway, congrats on being a muslim. Your other question about nightmares. Well, thats totally different thing. You are completely asleep. Your soul has left your body and has entered into another dimension which is not in your control. In this particular case, your soul is not in another dimension but is still with you. You can say its in transition but going towards sleep when these type of evils can attact you as you are vulnerable. Check out my dreams on www.trueislamicdreams.com you would read about a dream in which a satan attached my private parts directly.
Ok, as far as protection is concerned our prophet has given us a strong recitation and he gave it the name Al-Muwadatain meaning " the protecting ones" these are the 3 surah : Surah akhlas, surah nas, surah falak. Read them 3 times each or 2 or 1 depeding on your state of exaustion at night and blow them on yourself. If you say ayat kursi as well , that would be really good. Inshallah no evil will come close. Even if it tries to attact, you would know in advance and would wake up. Inshallah

ghengis
06-15-2009, 04:57 AM
hrm, you are a bro of mine in islam, thanks for helping me, may allah bestow upon you the highest hights of the hereafter.

much appreciated bro...

i dont want to read how satan attacked your private parts dude.... .. dont tell your wife stuff like that either dude.... no romance for sure :)

hrm
06-15-2009, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Podarok
Um... I do not believe Sleep Paralysis has anything to do with Jinns. I get Sleep Paralysis at least once a month, and it is very scary, but the most reasonable explanation for it I have heard is that the chemical that stops one from acting out their dreams is still in your body as you wake up, so you can't move when you may want to.

Hence why this is mostly common in children or through the puberty-stage where the body may be all messed up and changing.

It seems to me like just because something is inexplicable and 'not good', it must be related to evil spirits or Satan, which seems like you are jumping to conclusions a bit quickly.

After having it so many times, one gets used to them. Now, when I get it, I just relax and know it will be over with over time and my hallucinations aren't so bad.
Padarok,:sl: Please read my original post carefully before jumping to conclusions. You don't know anything about me so please don't try to tell me I am jumping to conclusions. How can you determine what I was going through. I am not a child or going through puberty stages and its not sleep paralysis and my body is not messed up or changing. If you believe sleep paralysis has nothing to do with jinns, I respect your opinion. Maybe that's your experiences and what you heard and read. But every human being is different and goes through different exepriences. The need is to learn something new and respect that. I have read about sleep paralysis and puberty and all you mentioned. It has nothing to do with my experiences. :w:

hrm
06-15-2009, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
hrm, you are a bro of mine in islam, thanks for helping me, may allah bestow upon you the highest hights of the hereafter.

much appreciated bro...

i dont want to read how satan attacked your private parts dude.... .. dont tell your wife stuff like that either dude.... no romance for sure :)
Ghengis, your wife is part of your soul and body. Don't hide anything from her. I have told her everything, there is more romance and love. So i proved you wrong again DUDE, LOL

ghengis
06-15-2009, 05:14 AM
lol..... cool.

subhanallah.

thanks for the help......

abu_musab461
06-20-2009, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Podarok

There is a differnce of opinion amongst the scholar on the issue of sleep paralysis, i wont deny that there could be a medical reason for it, but at the same time i know jinns can cause it too.

abu_musab461
06-20-2009, 01:00 AM
:sl:Ya you are right. They don't hang around public places. But your bedroom is not a public place for sure. It is your private santurary. Also, the place where I use to live in USA was surrounded by trees and at night it became very still and dark. Anyway, congrats on being a muslim. Your other question about nightmares. Well, thats totally different thing. You are completely asleep. Your soul has left your body and has entered into another dimension which is not in your control. In this particular case, your soul is not in another dimension but is still with you. You can say its in transition but going towards sleep when these type of evils can attact you as you are vulnerable. Check out my dreams on www.trueislamicdreams.com you would read about a dream in which a satan attached my private parts directly.
Ok, as far as protection is concerned our prophet has given us a strong recitation and he gave it the name Al-Muwadatain meaning " the protecting ones" these are the 3 surah : Surah akhlas, surah nas, surah falak. Read them 3 times each or 2 or 1 depeding on your state of exaustion at night and blow them on yourself. If you say ayat kursi as well , that would be really good. Inshallah no evil will come close. Even if it tries to attact, you would know in advance and would wake up. Inshallah

Sister you are making some very good points and i agree with you on most issues.

With all due respect, although our bedroom are suppose to be private sanctuaries, unfortunately jinns dont always see it that way so if we do not protect our homes by reading surah Baqarah it means that jinns can potentially enter into them.

There fore if ever you remove your clothes, even in the bedroom or bathroom or where ever, always say "Bismillah la ilaha ill Allah" (In the Name of Allah there is none worthy of worship except Allah) and the hadith continues to say that it forms a barrier over the eyes of the jinns so they can not see out awrah (parts of our bodies that need to be covered).

Sometimes males, lustful jinns see a female undressed and end up possessing her. So we need to protect our selves.

Allah Knows Best

May He (swt) keep us protected.

hrm
06-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Abu-Musab
I am not a sister. Just a brother like you.
I agree with you though. Saying Allah's name rid of all evil spirits.
May Allah protect all of muslameen wa muslimaat from the evil. Ameen

Malaikah
06-20-2009, 06:47 AM
This happens to me and I personally don't believe it has anything to do with jinn. Allahu alam. It tends to happen when I sleep on my back or if I wake up and for about an hour or two then try to go back to sleep, and it only ever happens when I'm falling alseep, never when I'm waking up.

Simply_Logical
06-20-2009, 10:09 AM
i used to get this a lot,
im talking like day in and day out,
btw at the same time i used to have a lot of bad dreams,
but then i started to recite the last pages of surah al baqarah every night after maghrib salat,
and by allah i can feel that there is nothing in the house,
i can feel the difference from before and now,
might sound stupid but i feel less of a burden!

my non muslim mate of mine,
who i must say is a clued up guy,
he mentioned this to me once,
and he reckons its a jinn or satan

i dont know what to think lol

Tony
06-20-2009, 11:24 AM
More people scared of jinns, Bimilar rahmanhir rahim, Alhamdu lillahi RABBIL ALAMIN ar rahmanir rahim. some muslims seem so proccupied with a riddiculous notion that jinns are waiting to pounce at every twist and turn, if you are truly fulfilling your covenant with Allah then He and the last day is the only thing you should be scared of./B][/B]

AN- AAM-6 part 8 vs126
126 This is the path of the Lord, a straight path. We have detailed Our revelations for a people who take heed.
127 For them is the abode of peace with their Lord. He will be their protecting friend because of what they used to do.
128 In the day when He will gather them together (He will say) : O ye assembly of the jinn ! Many of humankind did you seduce. And their adherrents among humankind will say : Our Lord! We enjoyned one another, but now we have arrived at the appointed term which thou appointedst for us. He will say : Fire is your home. Abide therein forever, save him who Allah willeth. Lo! thy Lord is wise, aware.

hrm
06-20-2009, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
This happens to me and I personally don't believe it has anything to do with jinn. Allahu alam. It tends to happen when I sleep on my back or if I wake up and for about an hour or two then try to go back to sleep, and it only ever happens when I'm falling alseep, never when I'm waking up.
Thats your personal view and I respect that. But it doesn't mean it cannot happen to anyone else. Everyone goes through different life experiences and circumstances and we must respect that.

hrm
06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
:sl:Tony, thats not true. Like I said maybe you didn't go through with this experience and thats why you consider it ridiculous. But everyone goes through different experiences in life and they have different narrations to elaborate.
You don't believe that Jinns caan effect anyone. Well they certainly can seduce human beings. Take for example the ayat you are quoting in your pasting
"""128 In the day when He will gather them together (He will say) : O ye assembly of the jinn ! Many of humankind did you seduce........."""
What does this tell you? You are quoting this ayat everytime you post a message and you have the answer yet you tend to ignore it?
I pray we all find Allah's protection from the Jinn kind and may Allah keep us informed and bestow on us wisdom from His Presence. Ameen

:w:

Tony
06-21-2009, 03:56 PM
bro hrm sorry if it appeared I belittled your experience, I didnt intend to, I understand the terror thet comes from these experiences, and I am prepared to believe they may be jinns, what I mean to say is that with the fulfillment of our covenant with Allah we really have no reason to let that fleeting terror impact on our lives and that a lot of the power these jinn get is merely the power we impose on our own psyches. Allah is your protector brother, seek refuge in Him, even if you wake and cannot move, seek His refuge and sleep again. Who do these jinn think they are, our covenant is more than enough to thwart their attempts. Peace bro and may Allah guide and protect you, Ameen:D

piXie
06-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Brother Abu Musab is a Jinn Buster from the ruqya shariya network. :D Welcome to the forums brother, its very nice to see your contributions here.

hrm
06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Tony no problem. May Allah peace decend on every muslim in this world. Ameen

- IqRa -
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I went through something similar to this.

I was lying down at night when all of a sudden I could not move anything at all, except my eyes. Then on the left corner of my left eye, I saw a red light, and it was 'taunting' me, saying "what will you do now? i've got full control of you, you can't do anything", etc.

Because I could not move my body, my mouth was open by the way, and I could not move my tongue either. So I started reciting "La Ilaaha Illallah" as much as I could, without the movement of my tongue. Slowly slowly the taunting started to fade away, and so did the light, and I could move again.

SubhanAllah it was a scary experience, which I pray I never experience again.

May Allah protect us from the evilness of men and Jinn, Ameen.

hrm
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
I went through something similar to this.

I was lying down at night when all of a sudden I could not move anything at all, except my eyes. Then on the left corner of my left eye, I saw a red light, and it was 'taunting' me, saying "what will you do now? i've got full control of you, you can't do anything", etc.

Because I could not move my body, my mouth was open by the way, and I could not move my tongue either. So I started reciting "La Ilaaha Illallah" as much as I could, without the movement of my tongue. Slowly slowly the taunting started to fade away, and so did the light, and I could move again.

SubhanAllah it was a scary experience, which I pray I never experience again.

May Allah protect us from the evilness of men and Jinn, Ameen.
:sl:Exactly, These are the type of experiences we go through. The evil can take different forms. The form I saw was black and human like as I menioned in my original post and you some something reddish. Like you recited the kalima, I have done it too and it works both ways. It will relax the hold of evil and you will start to get control of your body back. Infact, whatever of quranic recitation you remember at that time, say it. I have recited kalimi, surah aklas and once or twice ayatal kursi.
:w:

far
07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Salam all

What a bliss the iphone is!!! In the middle of the night you think of googling about such things (which are present in your subconscious), but which you might not think about during the day or when you're free.
And so....

...I stumbled upon this forum!

Those of you who are lucky enough, discuss it with your better half.And for the rest of us....there's this forum :)

Nb:Discussing is different from telling them.
Plz dont take my words literally, it was not meant to offend anyone.
Also I dint mean that everyone who is on this forum has a spouse who doesnt know or care about the importance of discussion.

Brother hrm,
Something very similar has happened to me in the past.I will write about it and how it confirms your descriptions exactly! and more.I will also write about the different experiences I have come across regarding the supernatural or the jinn.They are varied and many, some general and some just concerning me..and sleep paralysis is one of them.Then my dreams(I might not discuss each one of them though)
I have read on your site(trueislamicdreams), and I very much agree with you about the fact that we can get true dreams. From my experience and from what I have read I understood the one quality of people getting those dreams is that they speak the truth always.
I am very eager to write, but there is so much I need to write and due to certain things going on in my life at the moment, I need some time to post back and InshaAllah I will, in a month or so....hopefully till then this thread is open.

hrm
07-23-2009, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by far
Salam all

What a bliss the iphone is!!! In the middle of the night you think of googling about such things (which are present in your subconscious), but which you might not think about during the day or when you're free.
And so....

...I stumbled upon this forum!

Those of you who are lucky enough, discuss it with your better half.And for the rest of us....there's this forum :)

Nb:Discussing is different from telling them.
Plz dont take my words literally, it was not meant to offend anyone.
Also I dint mean that everyone who is on this forum has a spouse who doesnt know or care about the importance of discussion.

Brother hrm,
Something very similar has happened to me in the past.I will write about it and how it confirms your descriptions exactly! and more.I will also write about the different experiences I have come across regarding the supernatural or the jinn.They are varied and many, some general and some just concerning me..and sleep paralysis is one of them.Then my dreams(I might not discuss each one of them though)
I have read on your site(trueislamicdreams), and I very much agree with you about the fact that we can get true dreams. From my experience and from what I have read I understood the one quality of people getting those dreams is that they speak the truth always.
I am very eager to write, but there is so much I need to write and due to certain things going on in my life at the moment, I need some time to post back and InshaAllah I will, in a month or so....hopefully till then this thread is open.
:sl:If you have a dream you want to share write to me privately and i will post it on my website. If you have gone through a similar experience of seeing a jinn or its male/female type, write it here. :wa:

hrm
08-17-2009, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by far

Brother hrm,

Far :sl: :statisfie
Forgot to tell you my email is in my contact section of my website.. Click on that, write your dream and send it. Inshallah I will give you the best possible interpretation, depending on the background to your dream. Just make sure the dream is Islamic. If you want it published, minus your name, I will be glad to do that too.
:wa:

cat eyes
08-17-2009, 08:03 PM
some muslims lie and say that they have seen the ginn in some type of a form which is impossible!

only the prophets were given that ability so its hard to belive some peoples stories in here to be honest with you!

ive heard vioces and things like this and one vioce woke me up in the night and started telling me that a certain person wasnt good but i could not see anything

abu_musab461
08-17-2009, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
some muslims lie and say that they have seen the ginn in some type of a form which is impossible!

only the prophets were given that ability so its hard to belive some peoples stories in here to be honest with you!

ive heard vioces and things like this and one vioce woke me up in the night and started telling me that a certain person wasnt good but i could not see anything
Your an english revert im guessing?

it is possible to see the jinn if they take form of things- like lights, orbs or simply animals like cats and dogs, snakes.

But most people let thier imaginations run wild or the fear and expecting to see things makes thier brains make them beleiev they saw something,

or other times it is a illusion. not real jinn.

Allah Knows Best.

happynur
08-18-2009, 04:27 AM
i always recite Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq, and An-Nash before i go to sleep. those surat can protect us having such an experience... :)

hrm
08-18-2009, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=cat eyes;1203636]

:sl::statisfie

That is your view and I respect that. However, to judge someone based on your opinion or to call someone a liar, be it Muslim or non-Muslim, is neither friendly nor Islamic. In fact, I personally find it appalling. Please read my Original Post carefully before arriving at a conclusion.
:Koran: Sarah Araf vv. 27 "" .......Surely, he (Satan) see you, he and his tribe from whence you see him not..........""
Here Allah is telling us that we cannot see Satan (jinn and his likes) in their original form as Allah created them. Only on the Day of Judgment we will be able to see them in their real form.
Having said that, indeed prophets and even Sahabahs and even till today there are Aalims and Aalimas who have seen Jinn but in other then their original form. Many human beings have come into contact with them but they take the form of Humans or others as described by brother abu_musab.
Ubayy Bin Ka 'b r.z. long story about meeting with the jinn and talking to him and reporting back to the prophet is well narrated by Imam An-Nasa 'i and Imam At-Tabarani and is verified by none other than Al-Albani (Sahih ut-Targhib wat Tarhib no.662)A similar incident is narrated by Abu Hurayrah r.z. when the Prophet s.a.w. appointed him to guard the food collected for zakat-ul-fitr (charity for Ramadan) He caught a devil (shape of man) trying to steel charity on three consecutive nights, and was about to take the jinn to the prophet s.a.w. when the jinn taught him to recite Ayat-ul-Kursi for protection.
(Recorded by Imam Al-Bukhari and Iman An-Nasa'i in Al Kubra)
Similar incidents have happened in the past and in the present times as well but what I was talking about was a state of being when " neither you are fully awake not asleep" it is a situation in between and that’s when I observed that being belonging to the tribe of jinn. I could not touch or reach out nor do anything as I was paralyzed completely except I could only see her approaching. One cannot even shout or move. Only protection at that time is the Rukyah or ayats that the prophet s.a.w taught us to ward of evil called Mu'awwithatan. Since the time of my first sighting, I have had occasion of narrating this to others in my family and lo and behold 2 others of my family have had similar incidents. So I was not alone and I am sure right at this moment there are brothers and sisters who have gone through similar incidents. Since the repeated occurrences I have also got in touch with a renowned Aalim and he confirmed my suspicions and even has a name for this evil.
Hope I have made my point clear. If you have any other questions or observations, please feel free to discuss with me or some other brother or sister here. May Allah's peace and blessings be upon all Momeneen and Momeenat and may Allah protect us from Satan and his tribe. Aameen:wasalamex

hrm
08-18-2009, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461

it is possible to see the jinn if they take form of things- like lights, orbs or simply animals like cats and dogs, snakes.

But most people let thier imaginations run wild or the fear and expecting to see things makes thier brains make them beleiev they saw something,

or other times it is a illusion. not real jinn.

Allah Knows Best.
Brother:sl::statisfie
I beg to differ with you. You said Jinn take forms of things like lights, orbs or animals. Brother I am talking about Human Form. Please read my authentic narrations to the last enquirer in which I quoted Sahaba kaaraam.
I also differ with you when you said most people let their imagination run wild. You are saying this because, God Forbid, you have not had a similar incident which I underwent.
So to judge someone based on one's pre-formed opinion or experiences is neither right nor becoming. Therefore, my reservations.
But Allah knows best. May Allah increase momeneen and momeenaat in their knowledge of Islam. Aameen

hrm
08-18-2009, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by happynur
i always recite Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq, and An-Nash before i go to sleep. those surat can protect us having such an experience... :)
Aameen to that Brother :statisfie

MuhammadRizan
08-18-2009, 08:13 AM
salam guys--

this is just my 2 cents...

sleep paralysis actually not a jin or devil possesion...it's actually them siting on top of u.
wow thats hilarious right? nope, this ain't joke.

back in school day living in the hostel--this is actually pretty much, common--in the sense that u actually not afraid anymore.

this won't kill u, and u can wait till it's over but to prevent this in the first place just make sure u live in the clean environment (literally)--always read 4 quls and ayah kursiyy before sleep.

how the hell i know about jinn sitting on top human?....it's a personal experience of my very best and trusted friend---it's happen at night before sleep, even the light is still on, at that time me and other friends was just fooling around before sleep on the floor, while he in the upper bed just reading some book...

after sometimes he shouted at us below that are u people **** deaf...we ask why?...because he was screaming his heart out for help when suddenly his body feel very heavy and can't move---what worse is what he saw---and it's only lifted after he recite ayah kursiyy.

hrm
08-18-2009, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadRizan
salam guys--

sleep paralysis actually not a jin or devil possesion...it's actually them siting on top of u.
wow thats hilarious right? nope, this ain't joke.

this won't kill u, and u can wait till it's over but to prevent this in the first place just make sure u live in the clean environment (literally)--always read 4 quls and ayah kursiyy before sleep.

it's a personal experience of my very best and trusted friend---it's happen at night before sleep, even the light is still on, at that time me and other friends was just fooling around before sleep on the floor, while he in the upper bed just reading some book...
Thank you for sharing such an experience. When people write to me about their personal experinece about seeing or observing jinn kind , I do not take them for a jest or joke. But there are people in this community and ourside who would love to riducule you for narrating such experiences.
Once Former USA President Jimmy Carter was asked about UFO sighting and he said " when someone tell me they have seen a UFO (Unidentified flying object) I do not laugh at them because I have seen one myself"How true and how straight forward.
May Allah's peace and blessings be upon Al-khasshayeena wal Khasshayaat Aameen

MuhammadRizan
08-18-2009, 08:59 AM
thank hrm, very kind of u:D

just wanna add about this jinn thing, that we should not be afraid or panicked to them because most of them was actually a Prankster...99% of them actually very lame prank that can be break easily.

i know u'll just like what? i tell u why.

Q:so what's the big idea of jinn possessing people anyway?
A:To create Fitna' and misunderstanding.

example: some jinn will possessed some people and then claiming themself as their dead relative.

apparitions--well u know, this one can even be cought on cam, this will make we believe that certain place are haunted, dead people came alive etc.

but in islam we do not believe ghost--ruh of the dead will be confine in their own world waiting until the qiamah..

also all this will make the impressions that jinns are scary and powerfull being, but trust me they are not most possesion case can be solved simply by azan, recite yasin, some as effortlessly as reciting ayah kursiyy.

thats why i call them a prankster...but the evil one with agenda.

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Wallahi definately went through this...i admit i was reading an islamic book about magic and jinns and it had too much info in it like too much descriptions but it was islamic and i went to sleep at about 2 am total darkness...my little brother was beside me then i felt the presence of three men in hoods behind me (never saw them just felt...too much scared) and this flying invisible thing was trying to get inside me...it felt like this thing was bouncing on my body like she was trying to get inside but as if there was a shield on my body and i was complete paralyzed...i tried to remember ayat ul kursi with difficulty and started reciting that and then slowly everything was alright...i was so scared

hrm
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Wallahi definately went through this...i admit i was reading an islamic book about magic and jinns and it had too much info in it like too much descriptions but it was islamic and i went to sleep at about 2 am total darkness...my little brother was beside me then i felt the presence of three men in hoods behind me (never saw them just felt...too much scared) and this flying invisible thing was trying to get inside me...it felt like this thing was bouncing on my body like she was trying to get inside but as if there was a shield on my body and i was complete paralyzed...i tried to remember ayat ul kursi with difficulty and started reciting that and then slowly everything was alright...i was so scared
Kasim :sl: Brother :statisfie
Thanks for sharing your experience. I believe whatever you went through is an example of what I have been trying to emphasize here. Everyone has gone through a different experience. Some have not been blessed with visions, or Jinn possession or Jinn/evil encounter both during state of being fully awake or during the state of slumber/sleep.On the other hand, brothers like you and sisters like FAR have had a different experience. So the gist of the matter is to respect everyone's narrations and real life stories.
Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon Al-mutasadakeen wal mutasadikaat. Aameen :wa:

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Jazakallah.
I never had any if like your experience...that would seriously scare me off...anyway i was affected by something like that but only twice i had this kind of thing in my life...this was just one of it

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
kinda the same thing happened with me, this presence woke me up in the night and scared the helll out of me, it was like it was trying to get into my body or just scare me i don't really know. :phew it was invisible of course then i started praying and my heart started to relax Alhamdulilah:statisfie

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I had a dream of that presence too like in a shape of a woman and she was tieing me up with a string...second night same dream came but instead i read ayat ul kursi on the string and i was free then i tied her instead constantly reading ayat ul kursi and the string caught fire and she was on fire...
Ayat ul kursi is so powerful....looks like that night it came for revenge...ah these things happen

paradise88
08-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I can not believe it! This happened to me.. I live in england btw. I had moments like that at night. I would feel that someone is there but cant open my eyes properly. Once I felt my bed was shaking badly. I knew something was there I vaguely also saw a dark figure! I recited and recited... One advice given was to sleep with wudu but as I have a bladder problem Im constantly gettting up so it is hard to keep doing wudu.. :( Alhamdulillah i have not experienced it for a while

abu_musab461
08-18-2009, 03:57 PM
read surah baqarah in your homes.

abu_musab461
08-18-2009, 03:59 PM
We know jinns can shape shift and take forms of things. human too.

hrm
08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
kinda the same thing happened with me, this presence woke me up in the night and scared the helll out of me, it was like it was trying to get into my body or just scare me i don't really know. :phew it was invisible of course then i started praying and my heart started to relax Alhamdulilah:statisfie

And this is your quote a while ago::thumbs_do

""some muslims lie and say that they have seen the ginn in some type of a form which is impossible!

ive heard vioces and things like this and one vioce woke me up in the night and started telling me that a certain person wasnt good but i could not see anything""

Cat Eyes why are contradicting your previous statement. You said some muslims lie that they have seen the jinn and now you are saying " Kindof the same thing happened to me." :thumbs_do
If you are a new revert it doesn't give you any right to accuse muslims and call them liars. :hmm:

abu_musab461
08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
she is not lying.

Her statement is true. You can't see jinn in thier original form.

But sometimes you can see them or feel them if they take forms of other things.

hrm
08-18-2009, 05:46 PM
read surah baqarah in your homes.
Brother :sl:
Not everyone can read surah Bakarah in home because of the length of the Surah. Please make task easy for muslim brothers and sister not difficult. Our prophet s.a.w. has taught us Mu'awwithatan. If you want to know what they are ask me and I will elaborate for you and other brothers and sisters.
Allah wishes to make religion easy for us Al-Bakarah 286 " Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship"
and so did our prophet s.a.w. on many occasion lectured sahaba on making things in religion easy for muslims. Abu huyarah r.z. quote Rasul Allah s.a.w." Indeed, this religion is easy. Whoever, overburdens himself in the religion, will be overpowered by it. So act correctely and moderately, and give glad news and make it easy (upon the people) Al-Bukhari, An Nasa'i and others

So brother please don't burden other muslims with your lengthy versions of warding off evil. Make it easy for muslim brothers and sisters.
Thank you.
May Allah peace and blessing be upon All muslameen and musleemaat
Aameen:wa:

hrm
08-18-2009, 06:29 PM
she is not lying.

Her statement is true. You can't see jinn in thier original form.

But sometimes you can see them or feel them if they take forms of other things.
Abu Musab:sl:
:statisfie I hope you are reading my posting correctly. I did not call anyone a liar. Did I ? I said its not right to call any muslim a liar. Did I say that you can see Jinn in their original form? Please read my earlier statement in which I elaborated in detail that Jinn cannot be seen in their original form.
May Allah's blessing be upon All momeneen and momeenat Aameen :statisfie

hrm
08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
We know jinns can shape shift and take forms of things. human too.
:statisfie AlhumduAllah all muslims know that jinns can take shape of humans.:statisfie

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
no i was not calling anybody a liar i was just simply saying that any1 who says that they have seen the jinn, i would say they are a liar because nobody can see them.. they are invisible to us brother, as far as i know they can come in your dreams in different forms and those people who get possessed can see them.i was not contridicating my statements. i didn't tell anybody i have seen the ginn or mabe what happened is i misread somebodies post or something but i have other things happen to me but ive never seen anything and hope i will never see anything inshallaah:nervous:

hrm
08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
no i was not calling anybody a liar i was just simply saying that any1 who says that they have seen the jinn, i would say they are a liar because nobody can see them.. they are invisible to us brother, as far as i know they can come in your dreams in different forms and those people who get possessed can see them.i was not contridicating my statements. i didn't tell anybody i have seen the ginn or mabe what happened is i misread somebodies post or something but i have other things happen to me but ive never seen anything and hope i will never see anything inshallaah:nervous:
If you have not seen it , that doesn't mean others have not seen it either. I have seen the Jinn kind but not in their real form and not in a complete state of sleep. Its a state between sleep and being fully awake. Its called Slumber. You are like in a trance but actually going to sleep on your bed. Your eyes are slightly open and your body is completely paralysed. You cannot move a muscle even though you want to try as hard you can. Thank Allah that it has not happened to you otherwise you would be contradicting your statement again. How can you even say to anyone that they are a liar if they have seen the jinn kind? Are you an authority? Or you are just here to malign muslims who claim to have come into contact with the evil kind? Your earlier statement of calling muslims who claim to have seen Jinn a liar is disgraceful and insulting.

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 07:42 PM
i simply said you can't see jinn when your awake if that was the case so you are calling Allah almighty a liar? that he can only see the unseen or do you want me to start writing a whole post of surahs for you, btw my posts are not disgraceful what is disgraceful is how you are talking with me right now btw if we are faithful muslims in this forum there would be nobody seeing anything

hrm
08-18-2009, 07:47 PM
i simply said you can't see jinn when your awake if that was the case so you are calling Allah almighty a liar? that he can only see the unseen or do you want me to start writing a whole post of surahs for you, btw my posts are not disgraceful what is disgraceful is how you are talking with me right now btw if we are faithful muslims in this forum there would be nobody seeing anything
Yes please go ahead and start writing surahs from the Quran. Let me see your knowledge of Islam. I believe you are a revert but not a complete muslims and and out here to disgrace muslims who have had experiences that you have not undergone. You are here disrespecting muslims and calling them liars and I will not sit quitely. Lets go see what you write next

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes please go ahead and start writing surahs from the Quran. Let me see your knowledge of Islam. I believe you are a revert but not a complete muslims and and out here to disgrace muslims who have had experiences that you have not undergone. You are here disrespecting muslims and calling them liars and I will not sit quitely. Lets go see what you write next
grow up. everybody can see you are twisting my posts. mabe you are a liar lol

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 08:01 PM
why i will waste my time writing a long post to you when you will find some way of twisting it. i doubt how much knowledge you have i even doubt weather you are a muslim... mabe i will catch you out one of these days.

nobody can see the jinn on this earth. is your head working???

hrm
08-18-2009, 08:02 PM
grow up. everybody can see you are twisting my posts. mabe you are a liar lol
Now I understand you. Please do not communicate with me further. Allah has warned us muslims to beware of the satan impersonate. His job is to sow discord between human beings. Go in peace. May Allah guide you to the way of Islam and may you convert to Islam completely and become a muslim in words and in deeds.
May Allah peace and blessing be upon momeneen and momeenat . Aameen:statisfie

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
:hmm: so you are basically saying i am not a muslim because i havent seen the jinn or i never had any evil thing happen to me... so your trying to say i am not guided. anybody who says that they have seen the jinn, obviously you don't have to believe on that person because Allah says we don't take him as a witness so go figure............................ and don't judge my imaan

abu_musab461
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
If you have not seen it , that doesn't mean others have not seen it either. I have seen the Jinn kind but not in their real form and not in a complete state of sleep. Its a state between sleep and being fully awake. Its called Slumber. You are like in a trance but actually going to sleep on your bed. Your eyes are slightly open and your body is completely paralysed. You cannot move a muscle even though you want to try as hard you can. Thank Allah that it has not happened to you otherwise you would be contradicting your statement again. How can you even say to anyone that they are a liar if they have seen the jinn kind? Are you an authority? Or you are just here to malign muslims who claim to have come into contact with the evil kind? Your earlier statement of calling muslims who claim to have seen Jinn a liar is disgraceful and insulting.
there is no contradiction is what Cat is saying the scholars have said that anyone who claims to able to see the jinn (in thier original form) is a liar.

And they quoted many verse from the Quran such as 72:1

hrm
08-18-2009, 09:18 PM
there is no contradiction is what Cat is saying the scholars have said that anyone who claims to able to see the jinn (in thier original form) is a liar.

And they quoted many verse from the Quran such as 72:1
Abu Musab:sl: I do not know why you don't seem to either understand what I wrote on how and when I saw that jinn or you do not wish to understand my point of view. I never said, I repeat that i have seen the jinn when I was fully awake. I do not contradict myself. I have said that I have seen the Jinn kind while half asleep.
Please don't keep on repeating yourself.
Thank you brother. :wa:

PS: And one more thing Abu Musab when you address a muslim brother or sister please send salutation on them in the shape of :sl:. Isn't that what our prophet s.a.w. taught us? You should know this being a person who write Rukyas for muslims.

hrm
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Abu Musab :statisfie
Brother please quote an ayat of the Quran or an authentic hadees of Rasul Allah s.a.w. in which he said " whoever saw a jinn in real form is a liar"
This would greatly increase my knowledge of Islam . Jazak Allah Khair :wa:
:statisfie

abu_musab461
08-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Abu Musab :statisfie
Brother please quote an ayat of the Quran or an authentic hadees of Rasul Allah s.a.w. in which he said " whoever saw a jinn in real form is a liar"
This would greatly increase my knowledge of Islam . Jazak Allah Khair :wa:
Sorry for my brief answers, i have not done you justice.

Sorry for not writing :wa: but its sufficient for me to say out loud :wa: without to type it.

Allah Knows Best

But my point is that no one claim they saw the jinn in its original form because they are by default invisible- hence the meaning of the word "jinn" in arabic is something hidden or concealed.

The is based upon two verse firstly Allah (swt) explicitly says.

...He (Satan) and his tribe can see you, while YOU DO NOT SEE THEM.
[7:27]

while some scholars have said even the prophet (pbuh) could not see the jinn in thier original form, quoting the verse

"...it has been revealed to me"
(72:1)

i cant not find the exact reference to the comment of the scholars "that whoever claims to have seen the jinn in its original form has lied"

but i know they based it upon the verse mentioned above.

As for your experience with the jinn while half asleep and half awake- meaning in between sleep and awake, then this is a well known time for the jinn to attack or try possess a person, since he is unaware and weak in his spirituality.

Other times include-

Extreme anger
Extreme fear
Extreme Lust
Exteme happiness

so really extreme in anything weaken the spirituality and should be avoided.

hence the prophet (pbuh) taught us many duas to protect our selves from jinn and shaytan.

The reason why i mentioned to recite surah Baqarah (as a recommendation) was not to burden people, rather if this sleep paralysis is caused by the jinn then there is two ways of dealing with it

1. protect your self, body etc.

2. block/ stop the jinns from coming into the house in the compleatly.

The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said "Shaytan flees from the house in which surah baqarah is recited"

Also paraphrasing "Shaytan does not enter a house in which surah baqarah is recited for three days"

Better to do both.

But you can, as brother hrm suggested read ayat al kursi because the prophet confirmed that Allah (swt) sends a guard (angel) to protect the person who reads ayat al kursi at night (with sincerity) and the shaytan does not come near the person til morning.

So it is possible to experience seeing jinn in forms other than original form, while semi-sleep or fully awake becasue jinns can transform and take shape of things.

cats, dog, snakes. humans.

But at the same time they can also cause people to see illusions or light, orbs, mist, shadows etc.

Allah Knows Best.

penartist
08-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Salaam

Interesting stories here so thought i'd share mine. Dont know what you can call it but it was a strange experience and one that did scare me LOADS!!

About a year ago i took woke up in the middle of the night in the state of what would be called sleep paralysis. The only strange thing is i felt my body being dragged towards the edge of the bed...with no control over my body i was now fully awake but couldnt really look towards to source that was pulling me and i actually thought my time had come! lol It's when i started to read duas out loud that i was released from the invisible force.

Some time not long ago this happened again but this time i could hear something/ someone reading what sounds like verses in Arabic near my ear. The voice was a males and i didnt recognise any of the verses he read and im not even sure if it was from the Quran or not only that it scared me and when i was able to regain composure i felt really drained out.

Strange experience and one that i hope i never inshallah have to come across again

abu_musab461
08-19-2009, 01:12 AM
keep your self protected insha Allah.

I may not have experienced sleep paralysis but that doesnt mean i have had my fair share of experience with the jinn folk, alhamdulliah.

:)

hrm
08-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Sorry for my brief answers, i have not done you justice.

But my point is that no one claim they saw the jinn in its original form because they are by default invisible- hence the meaning of the word "jinn" in arabic is something hidden or concealed.

The is based upon two verse firstly Allah (swt) explicitly says.

...He (Satan) and his tribe can see you, while YOU DO NOT SEE THEM.[7:27]

Brother :sl::statisfie
The above ayat was quoted by me before in one of my post/thread as reply. please see my other post/thread on this subject. I have written that you cannot see them as in the form which Allah created them " Smokeless Fire" :Koran: Ar-Rehman vv 15 " And the Jinn did He create of Smokeless Fire". So I was never contesting this issue in the first place. I have written to you so many times to read my earlier posts but you seem to either ignore them completely or try to put new claim forward. Yes, Indeed I have never observed them when I was awake or in their original form. During that period when I am neither fully awake or asleep, I saw that evil black women and it is one of the kind of Jinn. This I have confirmed with a renowned Imam and Scholar who is also an Aalim from Madinah University. He confirmed all that I have said and never once said that I am lying or trying to make up stories. He even confirmed that He has seen one too in this condition of paralysis on bed. So I wasn't trying to make a story. Infact, in my complete dream state I have seen Prophet Isa (Jesus) P.B.U.H very clearly and also Our Prophet s.a.w. on three occasion. Once I saw him so close so as to describe all his facial features and body contours. To read more on those please visit my website www.trueislamicdreams.com.
Also on two occasion during complete sleep in my dream, I have seen 2 angels in human form and I of them even talked to me and delivered Allah's message to me in answer to my supplication. Now would you be calling me a liar again since I have revealed this new information to you Sir??? Did I ever said " I have seen a jinn in its original form?" NEVER. I said I have seen a jinn kind in a shape of a human female. Thats all. And you took all time to explain your position to me for nothing brother.:statisfie

while some scholars have said even the prophet (pbuh) could not see the jinn in thier original form, quoting the verse

"...it has been revealed to me" (72:1)

Brother you say that " some scholars say" who are those scholars who say Rasul Allah didn't see the Jinn. They would surely be contradicting Imam Baihaqi then. Please name those scholars so I can personally write to them for explanation. Here is the authentic narration:
It is stated by Imam Baihaqi in "Dalail-e-Nubuwwat" on the authority of Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Masood (ra) that the Prophet (saw) once, said to his companions in Makkah: "Whosoever from amongst you desires to see the jinns, he should come to me tonight." Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Masood stated that nobody except me came that night. The Prophet (saw) took me with him to a high hill in Makkah. He drew a circle with his foot for me and advised me to keep sitting within that circle. Seating Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Masood within that circle, he advanced ahead and then stood at a place. There, he started recitation of the Holy Quran. All of a sudden a big group of jinns encircled the Prophet (saw) and that group stood as a wall between me and the Prophet (saw) and I heard the jinns saying: "Who gives evidence that you are the Prophet." There was a tree nearby. The Prophet (saw) observed: "Will you accept my claim if this tree gives the evidence?" The jinns said: "Yes, we shall accept it." On that, the Prophet (saw) called the tree. The tree came nearby and gave the evidence accordingly and all the jinns embraced Islam.

Now Let me quote the above verse to you in complete form
BismilAllah Ir Rehaman Nir Raheem
Surah Al-Jinn aya 2 " Say, It is revealed unto me that a company of Jinn gave ear, and they said : Surely we have heard a mervellous Quran"

Now please for my information and for the information of all who are reading it on islamicboard bring an authentic hadees of Rasul Allah s.a.w not a fatwa to authenticate the above position which the so called authors have taken This hadis should be authenticed either by Imam Bukhari or Muslim or any other Imams and maybe autheticated by Al-Albani. I am sure the scholars you are in touch with, must have a solid prove to say what they are saying. Only thing I am asking is to prove to me where they are getting their information from, which hadees they are driving their inferences from. I am sure you would be able to support that. Inshallah. I will be eargerly waiting for your reply.:statisfie

i cant not find the exact reference to the comment of the scholars "that whoever claims to have seen the jinn in its original form has lied"

Brother again I never want to contest what you are writing above. In its original form I have never ever seen an evil or satan but I have seen it in human form. Read my original post please. I hope the case is closed here.

The reason why i mentioned to recite surah Baqarah (as a recommendation) was not to burden people, rather if this sleep paralysis is caused by the jinn then there is two ways of dealing with it

1. protect your self, body etc.

2. block/ stop the jinns from coming into the house in the compleatly.

Agreed here

The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said "Shaytan flees from the house in which surah baqarah is recited"

Agreed here

Also paraphrasing "Shaytan does not enter a house in which surah baqarah is recited for three days"

Agreed here
All I am saying is that for a Hafiz al Quran it is easier to recite surah Baqarah but for an ordinary muslim, due to the length of the surah, it is not possible to recite it as it takes a long time. So Rasul Allah has given us other surahs and aya. Surah Akhlas, Surah Nas and Surah Falak give us a powerful protection against evil kind and Rasul Allah has given it a name " The Protecting Ones" I have earlier quoted an authentic narration of Rasul Allah by Hazrat Aisha r.z. Anha. What I am saying is that we should make our life and life of those around us easy by giving them easier tasks as far as recitation is concerned. Don't want to over burden a muslim brother or sister. Thats all. Yes Ayatal Kursi Rukyah is also a very powerful tool to ward of evil ( I have quoted two hadis on this as well).

But you can, as brother hrm suggested read ayat al kursi because the prophet confirmed that Allah (swt) sends a guard (angel) to protect the person who reads ayat al kursi at night (with sincerity) and the shaytan does not come near the person til morning.

Agreed there

So it is possible to experience seeing jinn in forms other than original form, while semi-sleep or fully awake becasue jinns can transform and take shape of things.

cats, dog, snakes. humans.

Agreed there. Thats my point exactly.

But at the same time they can also cause people to see illusions or light, orbs, mist, shadows etc.

This has never happened to me AlhumduAllah but since you or someone close to you have gone through this experience, I will respect that view without question :statisfie

Allah Knows Best.
Yes Allah knows best. May Allah's peace and blessings be upon the Prophet and muslameen and musleemaat . Aameen :wa:

hrm
08-19-2009, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by penartist
Salaam

Interesting stories here so thought i'd share mine. Dont know what you can call it but it was a strange experience and one that did scare me LOADS!!

About a year ago i took woke up in the middle of the night in the state of what would be called sleep paralysis. The only strange thing is i felt my body being dragged towards the edge of the bed...with no control over my body i was now fully awake but couldnt really look towards to source that was pulling me and i actually thought my time had come! lol It's when i started to read duas out loud that i was released from the invisible force.

Some time not long ago this happened again but this time i could hear something/ someone reading what sounds like verses in Arabic near my ear. The voice was a males and i didnt recognise any of the verses he read and im not even sure if it was from the Quran or not only that it scared me and when i was able to regain composure i felt really drained out.

Strange experience and one that i hope i never inshallah have to come across again
Thanks for sharing your experience. Like I said many people go through different experiences and we must respect that. May Allah protect you from Satan and its tribe, in any form, Aameen :wa:

nabeel11
08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
i have also experienced this sleep paralysis (sp) more then 5 times now and it had started when i just turned 15.

it stoped happen for a couple of months but has been happening now for 3 days in a row. the first day i felt as if more than 2 people wer holding me down and i saw a creepy old women on top of me. the second day i just let it happen and wasnt afraid and i was being draged of the side of my bed (although i was still in my bed when i woke up) and then it happened again the same day and i managed to swing my hand at what ever was on top of me and then i saw a big fist comin towards my face and i woke up. then today i saw black blurs surounding me. i have been prayin before i sleep but it still happens

hrm
08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nabeel11
i have also experienced this sleep paralysis (sp) more then 5 times now and it had started when i just turned 15.

it stoped happen for a couple of months but has been happening now for 3 days in a row. the first day i felt as if more than 2 people wer holding me down and i saw a creepy old women on top of me. the second day i just let it happen and wasnt afraid and i was being draged of the side of my bed (although i was still in my bed when i woke up) and then it happened again the same day and i managed to swing my hand at what ever was on top of me and then i saw a big fist comin towards my face and i woke up. then today i saw black blurs surounding me. i have been prayin before i sleep but it still happens
Brother Nabeel :sl::statisfie
Thank you for sharing your story. These events are real like and like I said in my earlier threads take place ( in my case anyway) between the state of complete sleep and complete awareness. Here I am not talking about nightmares. Here the black evil ( in my case a very ugly black woman wearing all black around 4 feet or 4 feet 5 inch tall with jet black hair is standing there beside your bed at a slight distance. She has with (incantation or magic of some sort ) paralysed your body. You can see her from the corner of your eyes but you can do nothing. Can't move in inch of your muscles. You would like to shout but the sound would not come out. Only thing you can do is breath and your eyes, slightly open, can see her.You can see her slowly advancing towards your bed to harm you and you know that. Then you start to recite ayat from the quran or surah, whichever is handy and whichever you are accoustomed to recite in your everyday life. Thats the only way she would release the hold on you and you would be able to regain strength in your body, enough to move your hands and feet. Then she is gone. By this time you are widely awake and just wonder what in the name of Allah just happened to you. At first I use to be scared but then I use to become angry at her for paralysing my body.
Most certainly I have not seen any Jinn or its kind in its original form but in the form of human.
Alhumduallah ever sinse I started reciting Mu'awwithatan (the protecting ones) before going to bed, this evil has stopped troubling me. These are three surahs which Rasul Allah s.a.w. taught his wife and mother of the believers Aisha r.z ( Surah Akhlas, Surah Nas and Surah Falak)
May Allah protect all momeneen and momeenaat from the Evil Eye and Satan and his tribe. Aameen :wa::statisfie

nabeel11
08-20-2009, 08:59 PM
thank you akkie for the reply but im still confused because my house is pure and every room has been prayed in so how is it possible for any evil to come in

hrm
08-20-2009, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nabeel11
thank you akkie for the reply but im still confused because my house is pure and every room has been prayed in so how is it possible for any evil to come in
Brother sometimes we think we are pure and so is our surroundings and no matter what we do, there is a past attached to us and our surroundings. I do not know in detail the past of the dwelling place where you live. Maybe to you its pure and clean but not to others, including Jinn kind.

For Example where I use to live in USA for 8 years, that place was clean and pure too and I use to recite and keep it clean but the Apartment complex was surrounded by huge trees. Sometime when I would come late at night and walk to enter through the back door , my sixth sense would tell me there is something watching. The hair on the back of my neck would be raised. This state would end when I have entered my apartment.
Sorry brother thats all I can tell at this moment. What is the history of the place or something else you would like to discuss you can tell me privately if you wish.

hrm
08-22-2009, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
I can not believe it! This happened to me.. I live in england btw. I had moments like that at night. I would feel that someone is there but cant open my eyes properly. Once I felt my bed was shaking badly. I knew something was there I vaguely also saw a dark figure! I recited and recited... One advice given was to sleep with wudu but as I have a bladder problem Im constantly gettting up so it is hard to keep doing wudu.. :( Alhamdulillah i have not experienced it for a while
Paradise :sl::statisfie
Yes these things are for real and as more people are writing on this board, the more it is becoming clear. Everyone is coming up with a different opinion on this topic and different sightings which is a healthy sign of discourse.
Please read my earlier threads on this topic on " how to ward of evil"
May Allah's blessings be upon Mohammad s.a.w and all momeneen and momeenats. Aameen :sl: :statisfie

rajaraja
09-01-2009, 10:07 PM

Hi, due to so many replies. I didnt read everything so may be i may post something which has been posted already.

I am Alhamdulillah Muslim living in Karachi, Pakistan. I have been victim of sleep paralysing.

Before few years i used to have this almost every night. I use to see sometimes jinns while sleeping and once i heard him as well.

Science believes its a medical problem, so many non-muslims do feel that its a medical problem but my experience do say that it is a jinn.

After i changed my house, for one year it was fine then again i switched to some other place and even their it was fine for about 2 years but recently i was being touched by him again. I dont know what he does, may be he touches the person or what but we just get paralyzed.

The positive thing on internet i found is that i am not the only one, and when there are thousands of people facing this then the solution becomes easier to get.

Now the thing is, why was i getting him so much before few years and why not now.

If i see my lifestyle, it is completely changed. That time i never cared about my ghusal, i used to be in napak most of the time. i never used to offer salat. I was completely away from religion.

But since i started caring about my ghusal, i started offering salat. tried to atleast keep reading aayat from quran whatever i have memorize. It has become much better.

" so the bottom line is, that was jinn and Allah helped me and gave me guidance so i started learning my religion, and things are better"

One more thing i have done, which is. sleep on my side instead of facing the roof. now the question arises that why can't he trouble me that much when i am sleeping on my side ?

So that thing does make me think that there should be something medical as well. So the confusion is still here.

The solution for all you people is. If you are muslim, first of all, care about your ghusal, be pure all the time. offer salat, and inshaAllah things will be better for you. and try to sleep on your side, facing right or left but dont sleep on your back.

I also sent email to some islamic centers and they did istikhara and they also said that its jinn.

My sister or brother who started this topic mentioned that light has to be there in order to avoid this.

Dear sister/brother, did you face being unsocialized after this attack ? Did you lose your friends and loved to stay in your bedroom ? If anyone who has been facing sleep paralysing and facing this problems along which i just mentioned. Do let me know. because i faced this. who knows that jinn doesnt want you to leave the room.

No matter if its a jinn or medical thing or psycho thing, we have to find the solution.

Email address removed.

Anyways i will look forward to replies
Regards

hrm
09-05-2009, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rajaraja

I am Alhamdulillah Muslim living in Karachi, Pakistan. I have been victim of sleep paralysing.
:statisfie:sl: Raja
Thanks for your contribution to this post regarding your experience with sleep paralysis.

Before few years i used to have this almost every night. I use to see sometimes jinns while sleeping and once i heard him as well.
Welcome to the Jinn Possession Club :statisfie

Science believes its a medical problem, so many non-muslims do feel that its a medical problem but my experience do say that it is a jinn.
Science cannot comprehend matters of the gayb ( Unseen). There are things and events which science cannot delve in. Jinn is one such entity.

After i changed my house, for one year it was fine then again i switched to some other place and even their it was fine for about 2 years but recently i was being touched by him again. I dont know what he does, may be he touches the person or what but we just get paralyzed.
No matter where you go , the jinnkind can follow you. The evil that use to paralyse me , followed me from karachi to USA. They don't need visa or work permit to enter another country. About what it does to paralyse, please read my earlier threads.

The positive thing on internet i found is that i am not the only one, and when there are thousands of people facing this then the solution becomes easier to get.
Yes there are many brothers and sisters on islamicboard alone who are always willing to answer to queries and help anyone who is going through problems that can be solved through advise and consent.

Now the thing is, why was i getting him so much before few years and why not now.
This question you have answered yourself below.

If i see my lifestyle, it is completely changed. That time i never cared about my ghusal, i used to be in napak most of the time. i never used to offer salat. I was completely away from religion.But since i started caring about my ghusal, i started offering salat. tried to atleast keep reading aayat from quran whatever i have memorize. It has become much better.
AlhumduAllah, This is the solution of getting rid of this kind of evil or any other evil.

One more thing i have done, which is. sleep on my side instead of facing the roof. now the question arises that why can't he trouble me that much when i am sleeping on my side ?
Sleeping on the side is among the sunnah of our prophet s.a.w. Following it has lots of benefits but among them are satan doesn't strike you in sleep. This again is a matter of gayb which is to be followed.

So that thing does make me think that there should be something medical as well. So the confusion is still here.
Shouldn't be any confusion left after the above explanation.

My sister or brother who started this topic mentioned that light has to be there in order to avoid this.
light or keeping a bulb on while sleeping at night has helped me get rid of that evil. This evil comes in pitch blackness and keeping a bulb on has played a psycological role in keeping it at bay. But thats just my personal experience.

Dear sister/brother, did you face being unsocialized after this attack ? Did you lose your friends and loved to stay in your bedroom ?
No brother, nothing of that sort has ever happened to me. Like I said everyone goes through different experience.

No matter if its a jinn or medical thing or psycho thing, we have to find the solution.
Brother we have already found the solution. Please read my earlier threads how how to get rid of this and other evils according to the sunnah of our prophet s.a.w

Email address removed.
I have already done that brother

Regards
Wasalamualikum Wa Rahmah Allah

rajaraja
09-17-2009, 02:22 AM
HRM,

brother, i am receiving too many spams, and i can't remove my email address from my post. you can see i gave my yahoo id. please can you help me remove. i can't edit my post.

1. can you edit your post in which you quoted my post and remove my email id from there ?

2. can you tell me how do i edit or contact admin to remove my email id from my post.

JazakAllah

hrm
09-17-2009, 06:18 AM
HRM,

brother, i am receiving too many spams, and i can't remove my email address from my post. you can see i gave my yahoo id. please can you help me remove. i can't edit my post.

1. can you edit your post in which you quoted my post and remove my email id from there ?

2. can you tell me how do i edit or contact admin to remove my email id from my post.

JazakAllah
#1 At the top left corner of your screen, click usercp, then when the window opens, click edit my details, then click edit email/password.
# 2 You cannot edit your post because you are a limited member
# 3 You can always click spam to all those unwated emails. every email account has that option like yahoo, hotmail , gmail etc.
Hope this helps :statisfie

rajaraja
09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
#1 At the top left corner of your screen, click usercp, then when the window opens, click edit my details, then click edit email/password.
# 2 You cannot edit your post because you are a limited member
# 3 You can always click spam to all those unwated emails. every email account has that option like yahoo, hotmail , gmail etc.
Hope this helps :statisfie

Brother, i am talking about your post, you are not limited member, can you edit your post and remove my email id. Where i was asking you to add me on yahoo. you can go through your second last post which was a reply to my earlier post.

Once i become limited i will also edit my post. Thanks alot brother.

hrm
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Brother, i am talking about your post, you are not limited member, can you edit your post and remove my email id. Where i was asking you to add me on yahoo. you can go through your second last post which was a reply to my earlier post.

Thanks alot brother.
Brother Abdul Bari has removed that part where your email was showing. Good bye to spam. Hope this has helped Raja :statisfie

rajaraja
09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes, i asked moderator/admins in private forum area. Thanks to you and the team of this website. I will check other areas of this board too, after all deen is not all about jinn lol

hrm
09-18-2009, 05:25 AM
Yes, i asked moderator/admins in private forum area. Thanks to you and the team of this website. I will check other areas of this board too, after all deen is not all about jinn lol
Happy Eid Mubarak Raja :statisfie

ikramyusuf
09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Sister you are making some very good points and i agree with you on most issues.

With all due respect, although our bedroom are suppose to be private sanctuaries, unfortunately jinns dont always see it that way so if we do not protect our homes by reading surah Baqarah it means that jinns can potentially enter into them.

There fore if ever you remove your clothes, even in the bedroom or bathroom or where ever, always say "Bismillah la ilaha ill Allah" (In the Name of Allah there is none worthy of worship except Allah) and the hadith continues to say that it forms a barrier over the eyes of the jinns so they can not see out awrah (parts of our bodies that need to be covered).

Sometimes males, lustful jinns see a female undressed and end up possessing her. So we need to protect our selves.

Allah Knows Best

May He (swt) keep us protected.

okey , but isnt it haram to say allah in the bathroom ?

mingzayni88
09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Salaam, my brother doesn't know, I'm posting this, but I know he wouldn't mind. My brother has been having these kinds of experiences for a long time to the point where they do not even bother him that much.

One day, he was sitting on his bed waiting for my mum to pick him up for work, and he was fully awake, when he felt something trapping him and paralysing him. So he said to it "get off me!", and he heard his words echo, than he said to it " I'm a servant of Allah, you CAN NOT harm me!" and then he heard his words echo again, and suddenly the trapping and the paralysis stopped.

My bro says the experiences can be scary but they make you aware that there is more to this world than what we can see physically!

ma salaam

hrm
09-19-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mingzayni88
Salaam, my brother doesn't know, I'm posting this, but I know he wouldn't mind. My brother has been having these kinds of experiences for a long time to the point where they do not even bother him that much.

One day, he was sitting on his bed waiting for my mum to pick him up for work, and he was fully awake, when he felt something trapping him and paralysing him. So he said to it "get off me!", and he heard his words echo, than he said to it " I'm a servant of Allah, you CAN NOT harm me!" and then he heard his words echo again, and suddenly the trapping and the paralysis stopped.

My bro says the experiences can be scary but they make you aware that there is more to this world than what we can see physically!

ma salaam
:sl: :statisfie Everyone goes through different experience regarding paralysis while being attacked by the evil this way. Very few people have seen the evil that's behind this paralysis. Allah has shown it to me ( please read my original post) Your brother's experience is unique since he was fully awake when he was paralysed. I have never heard of this before. So this is a new addition to the Jinn Possession/ sleep paralysis thread.
May Allah protect all muslameen and musleemat from Jinnkind and being possessed. Aameen

Al-Yasa
09-19-2009, 06:10 PM
how do you know if its jinn or just psychological problems like schizophrenia ?

peace

hrm
09-19-2009, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Yasa

peace
Al-Yasa :sl::statisfie
I do not want to get into an argument with you here. Please read my original post and all the succeeding questions people have posted and I have answered. I do not want to repeat myself here brother. Hope you get my point. Thanks :wa: :statisfie

hussain uddin
09-30-2009, 08:23 AM
hello Salaam Alaikum
Dear Brother,
I am 29 Year Old Muslim Man. I am experiencing sleeping paralysis since 9 years. The jinn is troubling me a lot his evil eye on me he is sexually exploiting me.
he is not allowing me to sleep completely, I offer namaaz(Prayers) and read Quran. But he Is not stopping I got his disease I get like panic attacks anxiety.
please guide me.

- IqRa -
09-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Go to your local masjid and ask your Imam.

<<Removed>>

InToTheRain
09-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Brother :sl:
Not everyone can read surah Bakarah in home because of the length of the Surah. Please make task easy for muslim brothers and sister not difficult.
:sl: Bro,

If you find it difficult too difficult to read it then I would recommend you listen to it intently to reap the same benefits.
You must listen to it, you can't expect to come back to a shayateen free home by leaving a recitation of Surah Al-Baqarah playing in your house while you go for a stroll.

We should all try or at least have the intention of being Hufaz of Qur'an Insha'Allah as that intention alone is a great reward

rajaraja
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM

peace
Brother,

Jinn do exist, i do not saying that there is no psycho problem in this world. Yes many people do have psycho problem and they think its jinn, but some people also face jinn problem which you can not deny.

Recently, i visited a website by a chrisitian and he also believes that it is a devil, troubling him at night.

He also accepted that he was into wrong habits like masturbation and he never slept with pure/clean body.

If you go through complete threads you will get many answers and proves that it is really jinn.

Yes, after you face this problem you do get into psychological problem and that is also natural, so there is no harm going to a psychatrist to get you out of fear but you definately need to do what Islam says in order to protect yourself from devil/bad jinns

rajaraja
09-30-2009, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hussain uddin
hello Salaam Alaikum
Dear Brother,
I am 29 Year Old Muslim Man. I am experiencing sleeping paralysis since 9 years. The jinn is troubling me a lot his evil eye on me he is sexually exploiting me.
he is not allowing me to sleep completely, I offer namaaz(Prayers) and read Quran. But he Is not stopping I got his disease I get like panic attacks anxiety.
please guide me.

Brother,

Its good that you offer salat, and read quran but brother are you confident enough about your ghusal ?

Please perform ghusal properly, wash your body completely with water, wash your mouth and nose. I am sure you know all these.

Try to be clearn/pure when you sleep. and Read Surah Falaq and Surah Naas before sleeping.

InshaAllah you will feel the difference.

And Godforbit if you are into masturbation, try to reduce this habit and quit it as soon as you can. Because this habit doesnt allow you to be pure all the time.

Sleep on your stomach, or on your side, dont sleep on your back. Although sleeping on stomach is also not preferable but it may help. Sleeping on your side is best.

abu_musab461
10-01-2009, 06:56 AM

peace
Because every jinn more or less displays the same personality traits, and everyone who is possessed displays the same symptom- specific type of night mare.

The same way of thinking, similar speech and behaviour.

The doctors, after doing all the blood tests and brain scans conclude that it is not any mental illness just depression.

Even doctors and surgeons who are possessed with jinn say there is no medical explanation for some of what they experience (because in medical terms its impossible).

There are ways of checking (only in severe cases)- which i have done in the past, is to make two or three cups of water, one recited upon while the other one plain water and the one recited on will cause reactions in the person (even though there is no way for the patient to know which is which).

Sometimes the physical apprearence changes when the jinn manifests.

The person speaks a language like a fluently with the accent and dialect of a native person- eg. Pakistani brother speaks fluent arabic etc.

Some jinns cause paralysis which have no medical reason or cause and medicine and physiotherapy can not cure, or the doctors claim will need major surgury to fix, yet within an hour the person is fully well and walks around perfectly as though there is nothing wrong with them.

So problem ends suddenly.

The strongest proof, is that on many occasions trust worthy people have told the jinn to knock over a bottle or leave a sign to show it has left and as soon as it leaves the bottle topples over by its self in front of the very eyes, there is no draft, the bottle is full of water, no one touches it or no strings etc, etc...

There are many proofs...

Allah Knows Best

LailahAlSherrif
11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Salam Alakium wa Rahmatullah

To anyone who has suffered from sleep paralysis, Inshallah my experience can help you understand your power to overcome these terrifying experiences.

For years now I have suffered from extremely intense sleep paralysis, so severe that at times I would not sleep for 3 days just to avoid it; it happened almost every night. Eventually I felt as though I could not escape these bizzar experiences. They followed me to school, numberous times I would bacome paralysed in my desk in math class or history, and then I would hallucinate, hear screaming, and I felt as though I would suffocate, (And then i'd often get chided for sleeping during class!). I suffered insomnia and I grew paranoid. I felt as though I were being haunted by gin.

To give some insight on the extremity of my sleep paralysis experiences, heres just one experience that always seems to stick out in my mind...
On night I had just laid down on my couch to sleep. Within about 3 min I began to feel the beginning stages of sleep paralysis set in. I felt very heavy, I heard static buzzing and an angry, mocking laughter in my ears. I had trouble breathing and I began to panic, like usual. Then I felt as though something was going on "down there", I've heard many people recall being sexually assaulted during sleep paralysis. I tried to fight to move, but I couldn't. It's always strange because we are not sleeping during sleep paralysis, we are fully conscious, perhaps that is why it is so terrifying. I grew more and more exhausted and then finally I gave up trying to fight it. In that moment I suddenly felt very light, some stange sensation overtook me and then, suddenly I realized that I was not in my body anymore. I was looking down att myself from above and I saw my own eyes, open and staring back. They appeard dead to me. (remember I am fully conscious, not sleeping at all). Then suddenly the t.v in the room turned to static and the buzzing became SOOO loud. As it grew louder and louder i began to be sucked closer and closer to the t.v, I had no control over my movement. Just when I thought that I couldn't bear the excruciating loud buzzing any more, I was flung into the t.v. I swear I felt as though I became static. Then, The light from the window outside grew soooo bright, I was sucked into the window as I was sucked into the t.v. I then was in my own dream world. Completely lucid, however I was not fully aware of the control I had over my dreams. Consequently, I lost my power to control my lucid dream. I was on a busy street, it was night time, and many people were passing me by. As I walked I felt uneasy. I looked down at my feet and when I finally looked up to a persons face, I saw an old beggar woman with a face so twisted that I began to run from her. She laughed manically and ran after me screaming that I couldn't escape. I began to feel as though I would be stuck in this dream world forever. I knew it was a dream but I felt as though I was held captive in my own dream. That is until I found that no matter wher I ran, the wicked woman would follow me. I turned to face the beggar and I stared into her eyes. They truely did seem evil. But I knew that my only choice was to face her. I was terrified but the instant I looked into her eyes I saw that she was terrified for me to seee her for what she was.She was nothing but some terrible creature that lived off of my fear. The moment I found that I didn't fear her was the moment I was truely free from her. For the first time, I began to see the unlimited freedom I had in lucid dreaming. In that moment, I looked back to the dark streets and allys full of ghouls and wicked creatures. I was not afraid. I then turned my back to my nightmare and looked up too the sky. I flew away, lucid and free.

You see, I've learned that sleep paralysis can become a beautiful gateway to lucid dreaming. Once you recognize your power to control your dreams and to look at the evil thats haunting you in the eyes and tell it "Hey, I'm not afraid of you. Your not even something I have to challenge, your NOTHING" then, you can be free from the pain that sleep paralysis brings.

It also help if you put your trust in Allah, say" Audu Billah he min a shayton arra gem" . Recite from the beautiful Qur'an and remember, we must fear NONE but Allah.

Science explaines much about sleep paralysis and can be very helpful, (knowing what is happening to your mind and body during sleep paralysis is the firststep). For example, why do we experience HORRIBLE sensations and hallucinations? Because during this time the amigdula (fear sensor of the brain) is acutly active. Read scientific research about sleep paralysis. It may help.

But I don't doubt that gin are also involved, (the Qur'an warns us about Jathoom).

I know this was very long, but Inshallah it is helpful to whomever suffers from sleep paralysis.

If anyone would like to ask any questions about sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, insomnia.. please feel free. I am no expert but I've had much experience with all of the above and I've read alot of scientific/spiritual research.

abu_musab461
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
So do you think your experience was caused by the jinns?

to what extent do you recon they were involved?

ali23
12-26-2009, 07:18 PM
sallam, first time i had this same experience was when i was 21 an at that time i didnt think that it was a jinn or anything supernatural. After that first time it use to happen to me probly every 8 months . Im 25 now & recently for the last 3 months its been happening to me more or less every night! few weeks ago it happend 3 times in a hour. its defently a jinn. iv been reading ayat al kursi, even got something i wear round my neck which has ayat al kursi written on it with zum zum water in it but still dont help. plus in the room i sleep its total pitch darkness! as the brother said in one post that it on happens in complete darkness

abu_musab461
12-30-2009, 01:53 AM
so read the three quls and blow on your self and try not to sleep in complate darkess...

CosmicPathos
12-30-2009, 04:17 AM

peace
How do you know its a psychiatric problem and not a jinn problem? \just because you believe jinns dont exist, you want us to believe in your dogma?

MunirBinJulaihi
12-31-2009, 08:54 PM
If me, the only way to prevent these from sleeping paralysis is read Al-Fatihah before you gone to sleep. My parents thought me about this.

Cabdullahi
12-31-2009, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LailahAlSherrif
Salam Alakium wa Rahmatullah

To anyone who has suffered from sleep paralysis, Inshallah my experience can help you understand your power to overcome these terrifying experiences.

For years now I have suffered from extremely intense sleep paralysis, so severe that at times I would not sleep for 3 days just to avoid it; it happened almost every night. Eventually I felt as though I could not escape these bizzar experiences. They followed me to school, numberous times I would bacome paralysed in my desk in math class or history, and then I would hallucinate, hear screaming, and I felt as though I would suffocate, (And then i'd often get chided for sleeping during class!). I suffered insomnia and I grew paranoid. I felt as though I were being haunted by gin.

To give some insight on the extremity of my sleep paralysis experiences, heres just one experience that always seems to stick out in my mind...
On night I had just laid down on my couch to sleep. Within about 3 min I began to feel the beginning stages of sleep paralysis set in. I felt very heavy, I heard static buzzing and an angry, mocking laughter in my ears. I had trouble breathing and I began to panic, like usual. Then I felt as though something was going on "down there", I've heard many people recall being sexually assaulted during sleep paralysis. I tried to fight to move, but I couldn't. It's always strange because we are not sleeping during sleep paralysis, we are fully conscious, perhaps that is why it is so terrifying. I grew more and more exhausted and then finally I gave up trying to fight it. In that moment I suddenly felt very light, some stange sensation overtook me and then, suddenly I realized that I was not in my body anymore. I was looking down att myself from above and I saw my own eyes, open and staring back. They appeard dead to me. (remember I am fully conscious, not sleeping at all). Then suddenly the t.v in the room turned to static and the buzzing became SOOO loud. As it grew louder and louder i began to be sucked closer and closer to the t.v, I had no control over my movement. Just when I thought that I couldn't bear the excruciating loud buzzing any more, I was flung into the t.v. I swear I felt as though I became static. Then, The light from the window outside grew soooo bright, I was sucked into the window as I was sucked into the t.v. I then was in my own dream world. Completely lucid, however I was not fully aware of the control I had over my dreams. Consequently, I lost my power to control my lucid dream. I was on a busy street, it was night time, and many people were passing me by. As I walked I felt uneasy. I looked down at my feet and when I finally looked up to a persons face, I saw an old beggar woman with a face so twisted that I began to run from her. She laughed manically and ran after me screaming that I couldn't escape. I began to feel as though I would be stuck in this dream world forever. I knew it was a dream but I felt as though I was held captive in my own dream. That is until I found that no matter wher I ran, the wicked woman would follow me. I turned to face the beggar and I stared into her eyes. They truely did seem evil. But I knew that my only choice was to face her. I was terrified but the instant I looked into her eyes I saw that she was terrified for me to seee her for what she was.She was nothing but some terrible creature that lived off of my fear. The moment I found that I didn't fear her was the moment I was truely free from her. For the first time, I began to see the unlimited freedom I had in lucid dreaming. In that moment, I looked back to the dark streets and allys full of ghouls and wicked creatures. I was not afraid. I then turned my back to my nightmare and looked up too the sky. I flew away, lucid and free.

You see, I've learned that sleep paralysis can become a beautiful gateway to lucid dreaming. Once you recognize your power to control your dreams and to look at the evil thats haunting you in the eyes and tell it "Hey, I'm not afraid of you. Your not even something I have to challenge, your NOTHING" then, you can be free from the pain that sleep paralysis brings.

It also help if you put your trust in Allah, say" Audu Billah he min a shayton arra gem" . Recite from the beautiful Qur'an and remember, we must fear NONE but Allah.

Science explaines much about sleep paralysis and can be very helpful, (knowing what is happening to your mind and body during sleep paralysis is the firststep). For example, why do we experience HORRIBLE sensations and hallucinations? Because during this time the amigdula (fear sensor of the brain) is acutly active. Read scientific research about sleep paralysis. It may help.

But I don't doubt that gin are also involved, (the Qur'an warns us about Jathoom).

I know this was very long, but Inshallah it is helpful to whomever suffers from sleep paralysis.

If anyone would like to ask any questions about sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, insomnia.. please feel free. I am no expert but I've had much experience with all of the above and I've read alot of scientific/spiritual research.
this is our answer to J K ROWLING this must be the best story ever

Cabdullahi
01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
^ i can't believe my eyes i cant believe this is happening i think im having sleep paralysis

PersiaBeFree
01-05-2010, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
It happens to me on rare occasions, in the situation you described.

I know it is because I am only dreaming that I'm awake.

It is well known that the brain shuts down the motor nerves for normal sleep. Occasionally sleep can be so light that one becomes aware of the paralysis.

bilaljamil
01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Brothers this used to happen to me in ramadan for the past two three ramadans. i realised when ever i used to follow islam and pray n read quraan this used to happen to me. it happens at times and its a very bad experience. brothers any sugesstions what i should do???

abu_musab461
01-08-2010, 09:57 PM
read the three quls wipe over your self and insha Allah it wont happen.

I know people who can testify thaT it solved thier problems. You need put your trust in Allah (swt) because Allah does not get tired of protecting His slaves.

believeByHEART.
01-08-2010, 10:19 PM
i have experienced this and to add for the sake of the post above, i am 15 years old. it was December just gone and i had slept sometime late, as usual its my habit at the moment;D, and i had a dream, and it was the most strangest dream i have ever experienced it was filled with these images that you'd see in horror films you know blood a zombie etc but that didnt affect me, i mean ive seen horror films so could always get into my dream, understandable logic. but it was when the dream stopped i was like half awake and half asleep and my room was coming in and out of focus, everything was blurred and it was like my vision was pulsing and i couldnt move my arms or my legs, and to be honest it felt like i couldnt feel my limbs and i looked up into the lefthand top corner of my room and ther was these 2 black figures close together hovering under the ceiling, they were colourless i mean completely black but i could make them out as two girls/women cause ther faces were like out-lined and it was like they were cackling? and then i jus felt a rush of panic and then i turned away to the right hand side of my room and then it was like i regained control of my legs and i shuffled in my bed and then i fell back to sleep.

i awoke the next day and told my mum but she think i was talking a load of rubbish and just said it was nightmares, even though i cried about it cause it had affected me enough to reduce me to cry and i have never cried over a dream before and never have come across something like this.

im still in shock about it now :cry:

- Qatada -
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
:salamext:

Question: Our daughter is having strange experiences during sleep. She complains of feeling something pressing down on her chest which paralyzes her entire body. She cannot even speak. This stops and starts throughout the night. It happens so frequently that she has become depressed and angry. We feel that this is an attack from the Jinn and we want to know what she can do about it.

Answered by the Scientific Research Committee - IslamToday.net

These symptoms should not be construed as an attack from the Jinn. This is a very common problem. It is a condition known as sleep paralysis (SP).

Sleep paralysis is defined as a condition in which someone, usually lying in a supine position, about to drop off to sleep, or just upon waking from sleep, realizes that he is unable to move, speak, or cry out. Many complain that they try to recite Âyah al-Kursî but are unable to do so. People in this condition are often beset by feelings of fear or dread and frequently try, unsuccessfully, to cry out. After seconds or minutes, they feel suddenly released from the paralysis, but may be left with a lingering sense of anxiety.

Many people experience this sensation while falling asleep or as they are waking up and it can cause them discomfort. Some people describe it to be as if they feel as if someone is sitting on their chest.

Common secondary symptoms of this condition are as follows:

• A feeling of being choked or suffocated
  • A feeling of being pinned down or sat upon (particularly in the chest area)
  • Auditory hallucinations, typically the sounds of footsteps and voices nearby or knocking or banging on the walls
  • Visual hallucinations, typically beings or dark shadows surrounding or standing near the bed
  • A frightening feeling of descending or encompassing evil or dread
  • Shaking of the body or a rumbling sensation (ringing) in the ears
  • A feeling of intense, suffocating evil
  • A feeling of being in a dream-like state while at the same time sensing being awake

The source of this phenomenon is a natural bodily function. When you sleep, your brain shuts off the signals coming from your muscles so you do not get up and act out your dreams. This is to prevent you from injuring yourself in your sleep. For some reason, people with sleep paralysis come into consciousness before the brain returns voluntary control back to the muscles, creating a sense of feeling paralyzed. This sensation is quite uncomfortable and understandably frightening, which can lead the not wholly conscious person to experience some of the secondary symptoms of this disorder that can often be very frightening and realistic.

None of what you describe is strange, peculiar, or in the least bit exceptional. It is a benign condition. Several recent surveys suggest that between 25-30% of people have experienced at least a mild form of sleep paralysis at least once and about 20-30% of these people have experienced it on several occasions.

However, if it is a frequent problem for you that is impairing your sleep or causing you discomfort, then you should seek medical attention for it. There are actually many treatments and prescriptions for this condition.

Doctors suggest that getting on a regular sleep schedule and avoiding sleep deprivation are helpful in alleviating this condition.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=18

Chuck
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Our family used to go on camping a lot on holidays, and I really got lost in the woods in one camping trip. It was evening and it was getting dark, it was almost dark. That area had coyotes and other wild animals that could have killed. I was small, about 10yrs, scared, and crying. But just then I saw an old men. He had white cloths, i did not see his face, he back was facing me. But he and long big beard I can see even from the back. On 1 hand he had a torch/lantern type thing brighting the area around. I started to run toward him but he started walking. I could never get closing to him and he never looked back for my calls, shouts, and crying. Then he disappeared right in front of my eyes. And there was the camp. He led me back to safety.

Now I talk to people, some people suggested it was not jinn but khizer (as).

abu_musab461
01-10-2010, 12:34 AM
may have been a good muslim jinn Allah (swt) Knows Best.

He definatly wasn't kidhr (as) because he was a prophet and like all prophets he died and dead dont come back to life.

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Sleep paralysis is not a Jinn possession. That belief is superstitious and it was present among Chinese, Japanese people as well that a ghost sits on your chest during sleep paralysis. My Asian physio prof gave example of that from his culture.

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 12:41 AM

He definatly wasn't kidhr (as) because he was a prophet and like all prophets he died and dead dont come back to life.
Dead coming back is prevalent in Hindu popular mythology.

Chuck
01-10-2010, 01:07 AM

There is a difference of opinion. And the description according to the hadith fits him (kidhr (as)). But I don't really know who that was, I'm just glad he guided me to safety who ever he was.

About Khidir (as):
Question: Is it true that Hadhrat Khidar (A.S.) is still alive and only those who are very pious get the chance to see him? If this is true then do you know any Ulama of our time who have met him?

JazakAllah

Answer: In the Name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

The great Hadith expert (Hafidh) Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (Allah have mercy on Him) deals with aspects related to Sayyiduna Khadir (or as some call him, Khidar, Peace be upon him) in his monumental commentary of Sahih al-Bukhari, ‘Fath al-Bari’. The following is the summary from ‘Fath al-Bari’, in relation to the following Points:

1) His real name

2) Was he a Prophet?

3) Is he still alive?

As far as the first aspect is concerned, in a Hadith recorded by Imam al-Bukhari in his ‘Sahih’, the messenger of Allah said:

“He was named Khadir because he sat over a barren white land. It turned green with plantation after he sat on it”. (Sahih al-Bukhari).

It should be remembered that the word ‘Khadir’ is from the word ‘Khadrah’ which means greenness and to be green. It has been narrated from Mujahid (a great scholar of Tafsir) that another reason for him being called ‘Khadir’ is that when he used to pray and worship Allah, everything around him would turn green.

The Scholars have debated about what his real name was, prior to being called Khadir. Wahb ibn Munahbah said: It was ‘Balya’. Some said: His name was ‘Ilyas’. Others said: ‘Aamir’ and some mentioned that it was ‘Kadirun’. (Allah knows best)

With regards to the second point, most of the Scholars are of the view that he was a Prophet, although some have said: “He was a pious servant of Allah.”

The third question of whether he is still alive or has passed away was a matter of great debate between the Scholars. Ibn Salah said:

“According to the vast majority of the Scholars, he is still alive. Only some Hadith Scholars have denied this including Imam Nawawi. The incidents and stories of his meeting with many people reject there opinion”.

Ka’b ibn al-Ahbar said:

“There are four Prophets who are alive and a source of security for mankind. Two are in the heavens: Idris and Esa , and two on land: Khidar and Ilyas”.

There are also some narrations which indicate that he came at the time of the demise of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and also met some of the Companions (Sahaba). However, most of these narrations are either weak (Da’eef) or fabricated (Mawdu).

The answer to your question “Do you know any ulama (scholars) who have met him” is, I really don’t know neither do I look out for somebody who has.

In conclusion, there is uncertainty with regards to Sayyiduna Khadir (Allah bless him). The scholars have many different and conflicting views regarding his name, age and whereabouts. Nothing can be said for certain.

Therefore, it is best that we leave the knowledge of this to Allah Almighty. One will not be asked regarding this on the Day of Judgment. What we will be asked about is, the necessary knowledge relating to purity, Salat, Zakat, etc…

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammad ibn Adam

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/khidar.htm

abu_musab461
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Was al-Khidr a Prophet?
Was al-Khidr an angel, a Messenger, a Prophet or a wali (“saint”)?

Praise be to Allaah.

The from the general meaning of the Qur’aanic verses it appears that he was a Prophet.

Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the aayah (interpretation of the meaning)

“Then they found one of Our slaves, on whom We had bestowed mercy from Us, and whom We had taught knowledge from Us”

[al-Kahf 18:65]

“But it may be understood from some aayahs that the mercy mentioned here was the mercy of Prophethood, and that this knowledge which came from Allaah was the knowledge of revelation (wahy)… It is known that mercy and the bestowal of knowledge from Allaah is more general and comes in more ways than via Prophethood. The fact that something general exists does not necessarily imply that something more specific exists, as is well known. One of the indications that the mercy and knowledge with which Allaah blessed His slave al-Khidr came by way of Prophethood and revelation is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I did them not of my own accord”[al-Kahf 18:82]

i.e., rather I did them by the command of Allaah, and the command of Allaah is only conveyed via wahy (revelation), because there is no way for the commands and prohibitions of Allaah to be known except through revelation from Allaah, especially with regard to the killing of an apparently innocent soul and damaging a ship by making a hole in it, because committing acts of aggression against people’s lives and wealth can only be validated via revelation from Allaah. Allaah has restricted the method of warning to revelation as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say (O Muhammad): “I warn you only by the Revelation”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:45]

the word innama (translated here as “only”) implies limitation or restriction.

Adwaa’ al-Bayaan, 4/172, 173

And he said:

From all of this we know that al-Khidr’s killing the boy and making a hole in the ship, and his saying,

“And I did them not of my own accord”

[al-Kahf 18:82 – interpretation of the meaning]]

clearly indicate that he was a Prophet. Al-Fakhr al-Raazi, in his tafseer, attributed the view that he was a Prophet to many scholars. Another factor that may indicate that he was a Prophet is the fact that Moosa (peace be upon him) humbled himself before him and said (interpretation of the meaning):

“May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allaah)?”[al-Kahf 18:66]

“If Allaah wills, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you in aught”[al-Kahf 18:69]

even though al-Khidr said to him (interpretation of the meaning):

“And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?” [al-Kahf 18:68]

Adwaa’ al-Bayaan, 3/326.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

abu_musab461
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Was al-Khidr a Prophet?
Was al-Khidr an angel, a Messenger, a Prophet or a wali (“saint”)?

Praise be to Allaah.

The from the general meaning of the Qur’aanic verses it appears that he was a Prophet.

Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the aayah (interpretation of the meaning)

“Then they found one of Our slaves, on whom We had bestowed mercy from Us, and whom We had taught knowledge from Us”

[al-Kahf 18:65]

“But it may be understood from some aayahs that the mercy mentioned here was the mercy of Prophethood, and that this knowledge which came from Allaah was the knowledge of revelation (wahy)… It is known that mercy and the bestowal of knowledge from Allaah is more general and comes in more ways than via Prophethood. The fact that something general exists does not necessarily imply that something more specific exists, as is well known. One of the indications that the mercy and knowledge with which Allaah blessed His slave al-Khidr came by way of Prophethood and revelation is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I did them not of my own accord”[al-Kahf 18:82]

i.e., rather I did them by the command of Allaah, and the command of Allaah is only conveyed via wahy (revelation), because there is no way for the commands and prohibitions of Allaah to be known except through revelation from Allaah, especially with regard to the killing of an apparently innocent soul and damaging a ship by making a hole in it, because committing acts of aggression against people’s lives and wealth can only be validated via revelation from Allaah. Allaah has restricted the method of warning to revelation as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say (O Muhammad): “I warn you only by the Revelation”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:45]

the word innama (translated here as “only”) implies limitation or restriction.

Adwaa’ al-Bayaan, 4/172, 173

And he said:

From all of this we know that al-Khidr’s killing the boy and making a hole in the ship, and his saying,

“And I did them not of my own accord”

[al-Kahf 18:82 – interpretation of the meaning]]

clearly indicate that he was a Prophet. Al-Fakhr al-Raazi, in his tafseer, attributed the view that he was a Prophet to many scholars. Another factor that may indicate that he was a Prophet is the fact that Moosa (peace be upon him) humbled himself before him and said (interpretation of the meaning):

“May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allaah)?”[al-Kahf 18:66]

“If Allaah wills, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you in aught”[al-Kahf 18:69]

even though al-Khidr said to him (interpretation of the meaning):

“And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?” [al-Kahf 18:68]

Adwaa’ al-Bayaan, 3/326.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21793/khidr

abu_musab461
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Is al-Kihdr living on the face of the earth?

Is al-Khidr still living on the face of the earth until the present day? And will he remain alive until the Day of Resurrection?

Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Shanqeeti said:

The stories of al-Khidr told by the righteous are innumerable. They claim that he and Ilyaas perform Hajj each year and they narrated du’aa’s from them, and these stories are well known and widespread, but the basis of what they say is very weak, because most of them are stories narrated from some of those whom they think are righteous, or dreams and ahaadeeth that are attributed to Anas or others, but all of them are da’eef (weak) and cannot be used to prove anything.

What seems to me to be more likely, based on the evidence concerning this matter, is that al-Khidr is not alive, rather he died. This is for a number of reasons:

1 – The apparent meaning of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning)

“And We granted not to any human being immortality before you (O Muhammad); then if you die, would they live forever?”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:34]

2 – The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O Allaah, if you allow this group of Muslims to be destroyed, You will not be worshipped on earth.” (Narrated by Muslim)

3 – The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that one hundred years after the night on which he was speaking, none of the people who were on the face of the earth then would still be alive. If al-Khidr had been alive at that point he would not have remained after the hundred years mentioned. Muslim ibn al-Hajjaaj said that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying ‘Isha’ one night towards the end of his life, then he stood up and said: ‘Do you see this night of yours? One hundred years from now not one of those who are on the face of the earth now will remain.” Ibn ‘Umar said: “The people did not understand these words of the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and they said that this meant that the Day of Resurrection would come after one hundred years. The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘not one of those who are on the face of the earth now will remain’ meaning that that generation would pass away.”

4 – If al-Khidr had lived until the time of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he would have followed him, supported him and fought alongside him, because he was sent to the two races of jinn and mankind.

Adwaa’ al-Bayaan, 4/178-183

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20505/khidr

MC2189
03-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Padarok,:sl: Please read my original post carefully before jumping to conclusions. You don't know anything about me so please don't try to tell me I am jumping to conclusions. How can you determine what I was going through. I am not a child or going through puberty stages and its not sleep paralysis and my body is not messed up or changing. If you believe sleep paralysis has nothing to do with jinns, I respect your opinion. Maybe that's your experiences and what you heard and read. But every human being is different and goes through different exepriences. The need is to learn something new and respect that. I have read about sleep paralysis and puberty and all you mentioned. It has nothing to do with my experiences. :w:
Peace,

I am not a Muslim, but I am religious. I am a Christan. I have registered here because I am now experiencing exactly what you describe. Either I become paralyzed or I hear a loud siren noise that makes my entire body vibrate. On a few occasions, I actually have psychic communications with invisible entities that do not have bodies. I also feel them fly through my body, so they do have some sort of physical mass. Someone on another forum told me I am possessed, but I am in full control of my actions when I am awake. This just started happening after I changed my life and began taking my religion seriously. I was living a very sinful life. This occurs probably every other night and has been for the past 2 months now.

I noticed that if I pray, I will immediately gain full control of my body and they will instantly be gone. But how do you make them stop coming in the first place? I miss getting a full night of sleep and it's starting to get annoying.

MC2189
03-07-2010, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Sleep paralysis is not a Jinn possession. That belief is superstitious and it was present among Chinese, Japanese people as well that a ghost sits on your chest during sleep paralysis. My Asian physio prof gave example of that from his culture.
As somebody who recently began suffering these attacks on a nightly basis, I am going to politely disagree with you. I am not a kid, I am 30 years old. I am not superstisious and I am well educated. I know quite well what I am experiencing. Not only that, but I did get medical and psychological advice. I have been deemed to NOT have sleep apnea or schizophrenia or any other condition to logically explain this.

It's the same thing every time. I wake up paralyzed and bodiless spirits enter my body and communicate with me psyschicly. At first they tried to act as a single being and told me they were a ghost. I know better and I told them I do not talk to demons. From that night on, the attacks became much worse. I know these things are trying to force me to have an out of body experience, but I do not let them. I always pray and then I immediately break out of the paralysis.

I know what this is from personal experience. I even started going to church, fasting, and praying. Do you think people of all ages, from all times, and cultures would hallucinate THE SAME EXACT THING? This is not a figment of our imagination, so I suggest you have faith in your creator and live a life of love and righteous if this is happening to you.

The condition is called demonic oppression.

abu_musab461
03-08-2010, 10:57 PM
The solution that the muslims i know who said worked for them was to read the three quls and wipe over them selves head to toe.

terze
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam. Anyone who is fimiliar with Jinns and believe that they exist as amply witnessed through the Quran will read with intent and believe in what I am about to present to you. Maybe some of you may already have gone through this experience but are afraid or unwilling to share these stories.
The state of sleep praylasis that western audience is aware of is actually possession that takes place during the dark of night. Muslims belief is that there are numerous evils that exist that we do not know about. Allah says in the Quran " and we have created that which you know not".
We know that there is the great satan (arabic iblies in Quran and in hebrew azabeel in Turat and in english we just refer to his as evil or satan. He belongs to the tribe of Jinn created by Allah subahanoo wa taala before the birth of Adam (pbuh). The jinns are made of smokeless fire that's why we cannot see them with our eyes when we are fully concious and awake. But here is the trick. We can observe them during the night in the state when we are neither fully sleep or fully awake. Its like a slumber but actually going towards sleep.
This is what started to happen to me when I was Karachi, Pakistan during the 1991 onwards. I would see my self being paralysed completely. I could slightly open my eyes and thats all. Nothing I can do will let me take control of my body and my bodyparts would not respond. I would start to read quranic ayats and slowly the hold would be released and I would go free. At first I could not understand why this was happening but then one night I actually saw the perpetrator of my state of paralysis. An evil spirit belonging to the tribe of Jinn. Very ugly, intensly black, wearing black rags for clothes, around 4'8" tall or less slowing advancing towards me from the right corner of my room towards my bed. At first I was afraid what the hell is this thing which has paralysed me but then I would start to recite any quranic ayat she would disappear slowly and my body would become active again. This kept of going from time to time. When I left for USA in 1998, guess what? She was there too. No borders, no visa no citizenship requirement LOL.
Anyway, when I started my prayers regularly and starting reciting quran with understanding, Allah showed me a dream in which his angel appeared to me in the shape of beautiful man and promised me protection from any such evil in future. (please read my dreams on trueislamicdreams.com). Since 2006 she has stopped coming and i can now sleep at ease. One thing I would recommend to you all : please keep one blub on when you go to sleep. This evil spirit tends to come in total darkness.
SubhanAllah. This way Allah has also explained the meaning of the verse which is widely read but few could understand. It is from Surah Falak
" wa min sharr gasikin atha wakub" meaning = (seek refuge in Allah) "from the evil of the darkness when it is intense" . It is the darkness when it is intense that a door to such evil spirits/jinns open and they come forth. But here again remember only those who are away from Allah's rememberance and those who are disbelievers in Allah and His last messanger Mohammad s.a.w. are affected by such evils and sometimes we find people dead in their bed thinking they went through heart attack. Have we ever determined there could be something else too.
I hope my brother and sisters you might have gone through such an experience or similar to it. If you have please contribue here.
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatuLlah
This story is very similar to what a colleague of mine told me about 10 years ago.My colleague was an old woman, a teacher, a person of very strict principals, besides she was an atheist.We both worked at a boarding school.The school's complex was and is still located in a remote countryside.The nearest village is a couple of miles away.There are few farms around the school.The terrain is a dry,grassy steppe. During the construction of the complex,due to some problems with financing there was a pause for about a year.An empty shell of the building was standing alone,unattended in the middle of wilderness. Finally, when the school was opened, my colleague came there to work as a young graduate.Initially,while teachers' residence was still being build, the teachers were housed in the school's building.So, this is what she told me:
It happened not very long after she moved in. It was late evening.She went to sleep. In a while she started hearing some music.First, she thought the sound of the music was coming from outside.(possibly the locals might have been having a party, or may be the music was being played on one of the farms-on quiet nights you could hear sounds from the neighbouring farms because the terrain was flat). But then she just thought, who would play music at such hour of the night. Then, to her great horror, she saw A SMALL FIGURE COMING OUT FROM THE SINK(she was very sure she was not dreaming) THEN JUMPING ON THE FLOOR AND STARTED WALKING TOWARDS HER. Of course, the screamed, jumped off the bed and switched the lights on. There was nobody in the room and the sound of music disappeared. Well, she convinced herself it must have been a nightmare, just a dream. Of course she was scared to death. She spent the rest of the night with the lights on. Next day, she almost forgot what had happened. In the evening she as usual returned to her room and went to sleep. BUT. AGAIN. SOUND OF MUSIC AND THEN SOME SHORT UGLY CREATURE COMING OUT FROM THE SINK, JUMPING ON THE FLOOR AND STARTING WALKING TOWARDS HER. This time she nearly went crazy, especially because she never believed in such things. Like crazy she ran to another colleague of hers and she never returned to live in her room. Of course she failed to convince anyone. People thought she just had a bad dream. She was housed somewhere else.
Well, my personal opinion. I do believe the story. Especially, because I know that that lady was such kind of a person who was veeeeeeeeeery far from even having an idea of making up such stories.
Another thing is: the school's building under construction stood empty, unattended for about a year in a remote countryside. Perfect dwelling for the jinn to come settle down.
There were also a couple of stories alike about that school. And I forgot to mention, that there was and still is an old graveyard in very close vicinity of the building.

As for myself, I only experienced so called sleep paralysis, but I gotta tell you it was some chilling experience too. I still do have it sometimes, not very often though. Of course I recite Ayatul Kursi and of course take Allah as my safeguard.Nobody and nothing can harm or hurt me except if Allah wishes so.

Thank you for reading.
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatuLlah wa barakatuh.

terze
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
And this is my own experience of so called "sleep paralysis"

Hi
I guess I was about 12-13 back then.Small town in southern Russia. I stayed overnight at my grandparents'. Granddad was away. My grandma and I were in the house. Grandma went to bed to her bedroom, while I stayed watching TV in the living room. Then, I guess, I started dozing, falling asleep. There were two windows in the living room. My eyes half closed. Then it started happening. First I thought I was dreaming, but when it scared me, I do remember I woke up. Lights were off, TV working. I was lying on the couch.First I guess I saw as if someone, a silhouette stood in front of one of the windows. Then a growing sound shshshshshshshshshs in my ears. The sound was growing and I got so scary that I decided to reach to the standing lamp to turn the lights on.And it was then, when I realised I could not move a finger.Then I felt as if someone or something was pressing on my chest as if trying to strangle me.I bet I was awake by then.So scared I was. Then the sound in my ears weakened and disappeared. The pressing went too. The silhouette moved as if stepped into the shadow.I tried to move and understood I could move, but was still so scared that I was actually afraid to move. Then I realised I was hearing steps in the kitchen.Then I quickly turned the lights on(the standing lamp was just in an arm's reach distance away).The steps stopped. I quickly jumped off the couch, all in cold sweat, and walked to my grandma's room. She was sleeping. I woke her up and asked if it was her in the kitchen a minute ago. She said No. I asked if I could stay with her, she said Yes. And only in the morning I told her about what had happened.

AlwaysIslam
09-11-2010, 02:48 AM
It's interesting how most of the figures seen are girls or women o.O

ghost
09-16-2010, 10:12 PM
i'm not gonna read through 7 billion posts however i used to experience sleep paralysis quite often in the past to the extent that i would be afraid to go to sleep. it went away after a while however i still experience it from time to time.

for me it was really scary, i remember once when i was young i was sleeping in my parents room and i woke up with sleep paralysis i could see satanic symbols all around me, that was probably the most scariest.

it's a weird feeling, you try your best to move and it feels like you're slowly moving like when you're trying to push over a heavy, heavy weight you get to that point where it's just about to tip over, that's how it felt like. however you feel like you're just stuck at that tipping point no matter how hard you try to move

the symbols i mentioned above, the seeing of things was something that didn't happen often to me. it was mostly a presence which i could feel, and it felt evil.

anyway i heard from a few dudes that if you wanna exit sleep paralysis then try holding your breath. sleep paralysis occurs when you're asleep but a part of your mind is awake and is aware (hence the paralysis) so by holding your breath you trick your mind into thinking it's in trouble so you wake up. i haven't tried it myself so someone let me know if it works.

i was also told that sleep paralysis gets induced when you sleep on your back, however i've experienced it while sleeping on my side, maybe it gets induced if you fall asleep on your back?

google image search for 'henry fuseli - the nightmare' it's a famous picture associated with sleep paralysis

Alpha Dude
09-16-2010, 10:21 PM
:sl: ghost, before sleeping, make sure:

i. your bed is clean
ii. your body is clean and you are in state of ritual cleanliness (wudhu is better)
iii. you sleep on your right side (sunnah)
iv. you recite ayatul kursi thrice
v. you recite the last three surahs each thrice, blow into your hands and rub them all over your body
vi. you recite the dua for sleep (Allahumma Bismika Amutu Wa-Ahyaa - Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live)

InshaAllah if you sleep like this, such things will not happen. I've experienced it a number of times in my life but it's not happened since I started following much of the above routine.

google image search for 'henry fuseli - the nightmare' it's a famous picture associated with sleep paralysis
Lol, the night hag.

ghost
09-16-2010, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
:sl: ghost, before sleeping, make sure:

i. your bed is clean
ii. your body is clean and you are in state of ritual cleanliness (wudhu is better)
iii. you sleep on your right side (sunnah)
iv. you recite ayatul kursi thrice
v. you recite the last three surahs each thrice, blow into your hands and rub them all over your body
vi. you recite the dua for sleep (Allahumma Bismika Amutu Wa-Ahyaa - Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live)

InshaAllah if you sleep like this, such things will not happen. I've experienced it a number of times in my life but it's not happened since I started following much of the above routine.
i've experienced it once in the last 5-7 years or so, it was before that, a period of 2 years or so when i had it quite regularly.

i. your bed is clean
my bed is the dirtiest bed in the world, it stinks and it's full of damp from years of sweat

good times, good times

S.Belle
09-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I've been thru this experience one too many times and have read a couple of articles about how to regain control and they all say to just remain calm, try to yell ( which is very hard but just try) and instead of just trying to jump up just wiggle your fingers or certain parts of your body at a time, and most important even though it is extremely hard to do remain calm. I did this the last time I had this happen to me and it worked at first when i tried to moved a certain part of my body I felt like something was grabbing down but then i relaxed and tried again and again I found that each time I was able to move more freely than before.

Snowflake
09-16-2010, 11:23 PM
A strange thing happened yesterday. The atmosphere in the room I was in changed. I could feel an extremely loving and comforting presence in the room, and despite being in pain from my Fibromyalgia, I felt a deep sense of calm and happiness. However, I just shrugged it off as my imagination. Later when I retired for the night, I tried to make as much dhikr as possible before falling asleep. Unfortunately the pain from my Fibro was so intense I couldn't sleep and eventually turned to my right so that my right ear was against the pillow. I can't recall if I was still reciting tasbeehat but from my right ear I could hear my own heart beat. Then Allah knows what happened next. I heard another heart beating by my left ear. It wasn't in synch with my own and was beating with a totally different rhythm. It spooked the hell out of me! I froze for a few seconds then as if reminded, I started reciting ayatul kursi and the mu'awwidhatain. The fear started to fade as did the sound of the other heart beat. I don't know if the two incidents were related. But I wouldn't want to go through the second one again. That's for sure!

abu_musab461
09-18-2010, 07:05 AM
ghost? So its you that's been bothering all these people are night?? Lol

AlwaysIslam
09-18-2010, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
A strange thing happened yesterday. The atmosphere in the room I was in changed. I could feel an extremely loving and comforting presence in the room, and despite being in pain from my Fibromyalgia, I felt a deep sense of calm and happiness. However, I just shrugged it off as my imagination. Later when I retired for the night, I tried to make as much dhikr as possible before falling asleep. Unfortunately the pain from my Fibro was so intense I couldn't sleep and eventually turned to my right so that my right ear was against the pillow. I can't recall if I was still reciting tasbeehat but from my right ear I could hear my own heart beat. Then Allah knows what happened next. I heard another heart beating by my left ear. It wasn't in synch with my own and was beating with a totally different rhythm. It spooked the hell out of me! I froze for a few seconds then as if reminded, I started reciting ayatul kursi and the mu'awwidhatain. The fear started to fade as did the sound of the other heart beat. I don't know if the two incidents were related. But I wouldn't want to go through the second one again. That's for sure!
That is really spooky! The second part that is... Nothing like these things ever happened to me. InshAllah it never will, I don't know what I'd do! I'd probably freak out like crazy.

Amoeba
09-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Sleep paralysis is just a state where your mind awakens before your body does. There is no evidence whatsoever that it is related to possession. It is most likely to occur if you have disturbed sleep, take medications or drugs, or have the knack for lucid dreaming and are good at becoming aware of yourself before you fully wake up.

I have had sleep paralysis since I was 13 and I have it quite often, once every few nights or weeks. After a while you learn to not let it scare you and that is when the hallucinations stop. Some of the most common hallucinations are ghosts and fairies and devils because they are often at the forefront of a person's mind when they are in a state of fear and are hallucinating (anyone will know this if they have had a bad trip on some hallucinogenic drug). If you fight and struggle the hallucinations come back. You relax quietly and the sleep paralysis goes away or you fall back asleep.

innocent
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
I used to have this regularly not just when I was on my own but even when I had someone sleeping next to me. But I havent had it for a good few years alhumdulillah. It used to be quite scary at first when I couldnt move or speak but I got used to it soon and would always read ayat al kursi as soon as I realised what was happening. That always got rid of it. I never actually saw a being but on one occasion I did sense someone standing at the top end of my bed but I couldnt actually see them.

cat eyes
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
im having some noises in my home and i see things moving. i hear taping sounds while im praying and i hear noises in the bin, it aint rats because i looked in the bin and checked it.

also i smell things :s like really strong garlic and other smells.

one of my jackets that was hanging, i saw it move as if some one had just brushed passed it. window was closed. can jinn touch things i really want to know this.

Also im playing surah al baqarah every night well i try to but its a long surah. i recite my 4quls and al kursi.

to be honest it happens so often that i don't really care now.. at this stage.

Cabdullahi
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
im having some noises in my home and i see things moving. i hear taping sounds while im praying and i hear noises in the bin, it aint rats because i looked in the bin and checked it.

also i smell things :s like really strong garlic and other smells.

one of my jackets that was hanging, i saw it move as if some one had just brushed passed it. window was closed. can jinn touch things i really want to know this.

Also im playing surah al baqarah every night well i try to but its a long surah. i recite my 4quls and al kursi.

to be honest it happens so often that i don't really care now.. at this stage.
you've been watching too much horror movies

cat eyes
09-21-2010, 03:23 PM
i love horror movies i admit

taxas chainsaw massacre is in my long list of favorites.. theirs nothing as good as watching a good horror movie at mid night.. such a thrill i get:p

tango92
09-21-2010, 03:50 PM
if you guys want to see real jinn, go to the valley of jinns in medina.

its a little known place where your car will drive itself because jinns are pushing it. ive witnessed this myself when i went 4 umrah. our car went from a standing start on a level ground to 100kmh with the car in neutral (we left it on 4 the power steering)

cat eyes
09-21-2010, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
if you guys want to see real jinn, go to the valley of jinns in medina.

its a little known place where your car will drive itself because jinns are pushing it. ive witnessed this myself when i went 4 umrah. our car went from a standing start on a level ground to 100kmh with the car in neutral (we left it on 4 the power steering)
OMG brother i wana go their so its true jinns can touch things and move objects?:muddlehea

tango92
09-21-2010, 04:03 PM

OMG brother i wana go their so its true jinns can touch things and move objects?:muddlehea
dont be scared they have no business interfering with your life. and in that valley there are muslim jinn who were freinds of rasulullah so its all good

cat eyes
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
wow amazing please make dua i find a job :( i want to save money and go to makkah inshallah

SedoSan
01-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Salam alikom brothers,
I've just had a similar experience yesterday morning...
around 2 months ago, i was not considered a really... good muslim, but i've decided to change completely.
Since November of 2010 I have never missed a single prayer, i started reading quran and also decided to memorize it, I have just finished memorizing the first joz', which means i'm reciting the first 141 verses of Bakara daily to make it stick in my mind.
So, what happened? Yesterday I slept normally, and woke up at 6:20 AM, I missed the Fajr prayer in mosque by 20 minutes, so I wake up, go to the bathroom and do Wudu' to pray Fajr in my room. I step out of the bathroom and pray normally, then I went back to bed to continue sleeping...
Sometimes I see some words like in a paper going through my mind when I try to sleep with my eyes closed, like sometimes I could read exactly like i'm reading from a book, with a very clear text, like an answer to a math problem or whatever, but yesterday what i saw was a sentence, and in the middle of the sentence was the word "ALLAH" in arabic, I couldnt remember the rest of the sentence, maybe it was "Rasool Allah" * The prophet of Allah* anyways, I loved the way it was written and i started to focus so much on the font because i wanted to try and write it in that way when I wake up later, then it all happened, i started focusing so hard on the word, suddenly the word "EBLEEES" has started echoing very loudly in my mind and so frequently, EBLEEES, EBLEES, EBLEES, and it was getting louder and louder! I wanted to say "A'ooth bellah min al shaytaan al rajeem", but I could not open my mouth at all, I tried so hard to say it, I finally was able to open my mouth and say it, although when I couldnt open my mouth, i started saying it in my mind.. then it was all gone.. I was sleeping on my right side at that moment and had the blanket over my head because the sun has started to rise and I did not want it to bother me.

I have couple of theories on this, and they both maybe interfer with each other.
The first is that, the devils has gone very mad from me, because i started praying, fasting modays and thursdays, and memorizing the holy book of allah. and as a way for them to make me stop doing this, "After everything else has failed them" is to try and scare the hell out of me!!, at first this is what i though, but I did not think of the Jathoom, rather I thought that multiple Jinn has teamed up to try and scare/hurt me...
I woke up, I started laughing and I swore to them, I said, Walla, if all of you Jinn have gathered and teamed up to hurt me, and Allah did not want you to hurt me, you all will never be able to do a single thing to me!!, and if I am to stop doing what i'm doing now *being a better muslim*, I'd rather be hurt by you than ending up in hell like all of you!!, and it really felt good... *Lets just hope it wont come again :P *

My second theory was that, this happened after I have done an effort to focus on the text that has appeared to me, such text appeared to me before, but I did not really focus so much on its text.. So maybe because I focused so much, I have entered a state which I could be controlled or communicate with the Jinn...

The thing is, I became a really good muslim, i never missed a prayer, I fast extra days, and tried to memorize the quraan, and I just finished from praying the Fajr prayer and i was on Wudu', but even so, i felt sleep paralysis when I went back to Bed, so this is what confuses me. and I dont think it was a physical issue, and i'm healthy al hamdu lellah, and nothing in my habits have changed in a while. Because of this, I think the first theory was a good conclusion, as it might not be the jathoom, but rather pissed off group of demons that had enough with me not listening to what they want...

From what I read in non-islamic websites about sleep paralysis, is that the body goes into 2 phases when trying to sleep, REM and NREM, REM is the Rapid Eye Movement, and the N for "non-", and when switching from one to other or something like that, the body can go into the paralysis effect that last for few moments, so I think when I have focused so much on the text that have appeared to me, I probably have switched from one state to another, and maybe in order for the Jinn to take control, they themselves manually change this state in your body and might be their gate to you...
So what i thought maybe even though I was on Wudu, i was the one who triggered this gate for the Jinn to take control... But this whole experience lasted for about 2 seconds maximum, I think because I was a strong muslim.

What makes me think that the non-islamic scientific explanation fails, is that when the paralysis happened, words such as "Ebleees", Satan, has started echoing in my mind out of no where, and I had no anxiety, or fear of devils at all before this moment *Not that i have any afterwords also*, but maybe the scientific explanation shares the islamic-jinn explanation and they overlap with each other...

Now why did I bother with all this theory/research?? Because I am an engineer :P lol, I have to do so ._.;

And all of what I wrote and Allah A'alam! Allah knows best.

Slaam

SedoSan
01-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Just to add a point to my previous reply,
I wanted to point out that although I saw the text of the word "ALLAH", does it mean that it is possible for the devil to project this word in your mind? and why would they do so? so I would focus on it so much and probably switch states between REM and NREM and they could take control? I'd say they are pretty cleaver if that is the way it actually happened... lol,
I know that if you dream of the prophet, and the prophet PBUH says in your dream that he is the prophet, then it is true, and the Jinn can't show themselves as the prophet in your dream... So is it possible that they would show the word ALLAH to you or project it while you're trying to sleep?...

Salaam.

Ubeyde
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
This has happened to me.
When I was 17 (now 18) I went and spent 10 days in the Path of Allah Ta'ala, and subhanallah was the best 10 days of my life.
When I got back, I was affected by "spirits" as soon as it started getting dark. Later that night I was asked to take the washing basket from upstairs to downstairs, I thought no problem... However, as I descended the stairs, I felt a presence watching me, I looked behind, nothing. I began to descend again, and something "pushed" me, I nearly slipped and wasn't able to save myself due to the basket in my hands.

Later, when I went to sleep, I had a dream. 3 Djinns came to me in my sleep. I remember that they were trying their upmost to scare me, and I remember their words penetrating my heart and filling it with fear. I awoke, and could see something reminiscent of my dream.. I recited Ayatul Kursi, Falaq Nas, etc. and have never seen this again. However, occosionaly, I hear "things", i.e. the calling of my name even though everyone is asleep.. I have made dua to Allah Ta'ala about being given the ability to see the unseen, and have recited the names of Allah to do with seeing the unseen, e.g. Al Lateef, etc.

red1
04-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm suffering from this thing for years. If I start recite Quran during this paralysis, noise in my ears getting worse and louder, so I have to stop, really horrible.

Shazz90
02-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Salam walaikum …This is Mohammed shah from Tamil Nadu …last 6 years I’m suffering from extreme problems which has affected my health tremendously . Most of our (Hajraths) in my locality tried to remove the negative power inside my body but they all failed .finally I went to a Islamic scholar he told me to take Ruqyah from Raqis which was very new to me . Even though Raqi do Ruqyah on me I’m not improving . The thing in my body getting exaggerated day by day . My nervous in my head are bulging and its forming as a blood clot after few days . I’m doing some sort of actions which are uncontrolling . I’m having unbearable pain in my head and total body and also I have pain in back of my spine and centre of my chest . My family is totally down and worried because of please help me in some way

Scimitar
02-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Sleep Paralysis is not Jinn Possession.

I've been speaking to my Rukya Teacher about this and he says it is a medical condition which affects some people.

And Allah knows best.

Scimi

Scimitar
02-10-2017, 03:21 PM
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-p...roduction.aspx

Scimi

AbdurRahman.
03-11-2017, 09:41 PM
i've experienced sleep paralysis; it (the jinn) sometimes used to 'snatch' my soul away and fly up and up really fast into the air/space; i was afraid i may go straight to ALlah for judgement and not come back to body so i start doing istigfar :Emoji47:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.