/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can a non Muslim visit a mosque or Islamic center

ragdollcat1982
05-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Is it permissable for a non Muslim to visit an mosque (other than the two holy ones)? I would very much like to visit one just to see if Islam may or may not be the path for me. If I can would I need to wear hijab and abaya or jilbab?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
05-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Of course she may. You don't need to wear it hijaab but you can if you want to.

Just make sure you walk in the sisters section and not the brothers, sometimes the doors for each section can be close by and there could be some confusion sometimes.

suleyman
05-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Non-Muslims can visit any** Mosque around the world they like, probably best to phone in first and ask if the Imam could give you a tour or answer any questions, to see the power of Islamic prayer try to visit during 1 of the 5 daily prayers when the worshippers are in congretion.

Muslims must perform the 'wudu' to purify themselves before they enter the Mosque, its good to freshen up and take a shower before you go, and also when you enter the Mosque everybody will take their shoes off so dont be offended, and also men usually wear a prayer cap, and women are expected to cover their hair and both genders are expected to wear modest clothes.

p.s try to visit your the Grand Mosque of your city! :)

**All Mosques are open to non-muslims except the Holy Kaba in Mecca (The Mosque that Abraham founded) and the Mosque of the Prophet Muhammed in Medina, these two are the most sacred places in Islam (Jerusalem is close 3rd) and thus only Muslims are allowed to go there, and they must purify themselves before they enter.

seeker-of-light
05-16-2009, 04:34 PM
of course you can!!! and i am very happy to see that you are open to discovering islam^^ i come from a catholic background and am a convert as well. but yeh make sure to walk into the sister section, and generally i would recommend wearing a headscarf out of respect.=)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wyatt
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
:sl:
Yeap. :P I have yet to go to a mosque, but I have talked with some who have gone and visited. I really want to go to one someday.

Whether wearing a hijab is necessary or not, that's up in debate for some muslims, I believe. I encourage you to check it out! :D

Hopefully you will convert. :) We need more muslims in the world.

love_quran
06-10-2009, 04:50 PM
What is the headcap for?

This is a great Thread!:awesome:

- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes non Muslims can visit masjids go for it!

iamdaguy
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
What is the headcap for?

This is a great Thread!:awesome:
To my knowledge, prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and his companions used to wear so male muslims wear as to follow the doings. Not compulsory though.

Allah knows best

dila777
06-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Of course yess
The door's of Islam are open for everybody

bamboozled
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Yup.

Outside my mosque there is a sign encouraging it. But it does request that you call first because otherwise, if you went to my mosque, you would probably get lost (I did the first time I went and nearly walked in the women's section).

But if you call in(guarantee you they will say yes) just make sure you ask to go for the Friday Jumah prayer to get the full taste. And normally the Iman will accopany you and show you were we do wuzu and stuff.

Defo check it out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.