/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that Raising hands during prayers (Raf'ul Yadein) has been abrogated?

Roasted Cashew
05-17-2009, 03:31 AM
The Hanafis say that the Rasul(saw) did perform it initially however he left it afterward and so we should not perform it. They say that raising of hands except for the Takbiratul ihram has been abrogated!

Can you provide simple evidence that it has not been abrogate.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
05-17-2009, 11:13 AM
:salamext:

Raf'ul Yadein has not been abrogated, if anything the hadeeth of Abdullah Ibn masood that the hanafi's use to justify that Raf'ul Yadein isn't the act of the Prophet (saaws) is a da'eef hadeeth in many of the hadeeth books. Imam Ahmed Ibn Hambal (r) said this hadeeth is munkar (rejected). The hadeeth scholars who rejected this hadeeth are Abdullah Ibn Mubarak, Tirmidhi, Ibn Al-Jawzee, Ibn Hajar, Shawkani, Abu Hazim ar-Razi, Daraqutni, Ibn Hibban, ABu Dawood, Shafi'i, Ibn Abdul bar in Tamheed all of them said that this hadeeth is da'eef (weak).

This saying of Abdullah ibn Masood is that he would raise his hands at the beginning of the prayer (i.e. at the first takbeer) and then after that he would not raise his hands again. As I said above, the traditionalists regarded this saying as da'eef.

The hadeeth for Raf'ul Yadein if I remember correctly is in most of the hadeeth books in particular Bukhari and Muslim and is a confirmed sunnah of the Prophet (saaw). Ibn 'Umar said in Al-Bukhari that this is the action of the Prophet. Around 17 Sahaba narrated the hadeeth of Raf'ul Yadein.

Allah knows best.

Khayal
05-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Bismillaah!

Assalaam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Raising the hands in supplication after the obligatory prayer

Question: Is there any evidence to suggest that the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) raised his hands in supplication after the obligatory prayer itself, since there are those who have said to me that he would not raise his hands in supplication after the obligatory prayer?

Response: It is not authenticated that the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) would raise his hands after the obligatory prayer, and nor has it been authenticated that the companions (radhi-yAllaahu 'anhum) (would do so) from that which we know. So that which some people do in raising their hands after the obligatory prayer is an innovation which has no basis, for that which the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

«Whoever does an act which is not in agreement with us (i.e. Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and Muhammad (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) ) then it will be rejected»,
[Muslim transmitted it in his Saheeh].

And (likewise) he (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

«Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours (i.e. Islaam) that which is not from it, will have it rejected»,
[It's authenticity is agreed upon (by both Imaam al-Bukhaaree and Imaam Muslim]

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Silsilah Kitaab ad-Da 'wah (1), al-Fataawa - Volume 1, Page 74

Published: 23 October 2005

Source.

Waalaikum Assalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

Roasted Cashew
05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks Latif for the info. Dude ^above me. Thanks for sharing another fatwa with us though I was talking abt raising hands DURING the prayers and not AFTER the prayers!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
05-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Raising the hands during prayer after rising from rokoo and at sojoud has been split down with the four schools. Hanafis and Maliki schools do not raise their hands, based on Abdullah Ibn Masoud's hadith mentioned above that he did not see him raise his hands at rokoo and sojoud, only at starting the prayer.

Rest of them rely on the Sahih hadith of Abdullah Ibn Omar which says that the prophet -pbuh- used to raise his hands when going into rokoo, when coming out of rokoo, and when rising from the second rakaa Tashahud to go to the third rakaa, but not when going into sojoud or out of it.

Majority of scholars favour this opinion considering it has the stronger support in terms of narration being authentic and proven.

Abu Hanifa favoured the first one because his method was looking at the source, and to him Abdullah Ibn Masoud was very close to the prophet and highly regarded in taking things from the prophet.

And God knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.