/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the etiquette of meeting a potential

Ummu Sufyaan
05-18-2009, 07:31 AM
:sl:
what are the etiquette of meeting with a potential? what is allowed and what isn't? i know you are allowed some "freedom" but to what extent? is bursting out laughing allowed? what about talking flirtatiously :$ winking? again :$ touching? even more :$

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Pretty sure you'd deal with them just like you'd deal with anyone else of the opposite gender who's not your mahram; behaving politely and respectfully, not giggling every five seconds, no flirting, winking, or touching obviously.. Get to know the person without stepping past the borders, treat him/her like they're just someone from school/uni/work who you interact with for a set purpose, and your relationship ends there. Until (if) you get married, that is.

Cabdullahi
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
What's up with the sisters,if someone just make a mild comical comment some of them burst out laughing like its the joke of the year??!?

Is taking the potential wifey out for a coffee in a crowded place allowed? because i think its ace!

Raudha
05-19-2009, 02:05 PM
A women is allowed to expose her face and her hands to her potential partner. They are allowed to discuss crucial matters that will affect their lives and their marriage IN THE PRESENCE OF a mahram. There is no touching, no flirting etc. because logically if you do not end up marrying the person, and if you receive eg. five proposals before you do find the right person to marry, then you would have flirted etc. with five people :X Islam gives us the opportunity to become aquainted with a person so that we may be happy with the person we marry, but the limits are also there for our own benefit.

And in answer to brother Abdullahii's question - Taking your potential wife out to coffee alone would not be permissible. Again, looking at it logically, being in a crowded public place does not limit what you say to each other etc. and limits can be exceeded easily.

I hope someone more knowledgable in this matter will be able to provide proof and expand on the matter.
:peace::peace::peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ragdollcat1982
05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha

And in answer to brother Abdullahii's question - Taking your potential wife out to coffee alone would not be permissible. Again, looking at it logically, being in a crowded public place does not limit what you say to each other etc. and limits can be exceeded easily.

Would this be prohibited if her marham was with her ?

aadil77
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
Would this be prohibited if her marham was with her ?
no because then she's not alone

Cabdullahi
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha

I hope someone more knowledgable in this matter will be able to provide proof and expand on the matter.
:peace::peace::peace:
Thanks for the clarification.......i dont know how the mahram would react if i sat there in the coffee place showering my potential wife with complements

i hope allah helps me :exhausted

ragdollcat1982
05-20-2009, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Thanks for the clarification.......i dont know how the mahram would react if i sat there in the coffee place showering my potential wife with complements

i hope allah helps me :exhausted

Talk to her maraham and keep the conversation formal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.