/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you want two Gardens?

Abu Hafs
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
الحمد الله

If your answer to the question is yes, then read what Allāh سبحانه و تعالىhas to say about those who deserve two Gardens in Surat ar-Raḥmān,

وَلِمَنْ خَافَ مَقَامَ رَبِّهِ جَنَّتَانِ
“But for him who fears the standing before his Lord, there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).”[1]

Imām al-Māwardī رحمه الله writes three statements regarding this ayah,

“Firstly: Whoever fears to stand before his Lord after the performance of the obligations said Ibn ‘Abbās

Secondly: He is distressed with his sin and he leaves it as soon as he remembers his standing before his Lord said Mujāhid

Thirdly: It was specifically revealed for Abū Bakr رضي الله عنه when he remembered a day the Paradise will be brought near and the Hell will be emerged said ‘Aṭā’ and Ibn Shudhab.”[2]
Ibn ‘Abbās رضي الله عنهما said,
“Feared then had Taqwa and the one who feared (khā’if); is the onewho rode upon the obedience of Allāh and left His disobedience.”[3]
Read more here

[1]Surat ar-Raḥmān, 55:46

[2]An-Nakat wal-‘Uyūn

[3]Jām‘i al-Bayān Fī Tafsīr al-Qur’ān

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I've heard that the tafseer (tabari) of a particular ayah (I can't remember which one, but will find out inshAllah) that says we have inherited two houses; one of which is in jannah, and the other in jahannam, and the one we will choose to inherit is based on our fulfilment of the qualities of a mu'min.

InshAllah I'll try to find out more.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.