/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 50 posts to use private message?

mathematician
05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
salamu 'alaykum,
Can't anybody make my burden a little easier to bear? :)
I wanted to reply to someone's private message that I received
but I couldn't because I don't have 50 posts. :(
Isn't that number too big?
It's not easy to make 50 posts unless I make some that are useless.
Further more, I am usually afraid of "preaching and not practising" so
I don't want to preach anything and then have Allah come after me
on Judgement day. So I prefer not to preach anything.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faith.
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
:sl:
You have 50 posts now :embarrass

AabiruSabeel
05-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Or log out and Log in again, you will be a Full Member.

mathematician
05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
lol I'm sorry I misunderstood. I understood that it meant 50 NEW posts (i.e. 50 new threads)

It's all good now I just replied to the pm.
jazakum Allah khairan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome to full membership, mathematician. :welcome:

I think the '50 post rule' is not a bad one ... because it gives newcomers a chance to get to know the forum and how it works; it also gives members (and mods) the chance to get to know the newcomer a little.

Those which only come to cause trouble often don't have the energy and perseverance to last for 50 posts, so there is a certain element of self-elimination. :)

Peace

Yanal
05-24-2009, 01:37 AM
But don't post rubbish in order to reach the full member status because here we want "Quality" over "Quanity" ,you can see some of our best posters/mods have a low post count because they are efficent.

No offense to zAk.

جوري
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
50 posts still didn't stop some trolls from PMing me vile things.. you really should limit new members from making more than ten posts a day, trolls have an incredible ability to excrete voluminous logorrhea.. you need to hand out some pepto with each new membership!

:w:

Tony
05-25-2009, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
50 posts still didn't stop some trolls from PMing me vile things.. you really should limit new members from making more than ten posts a day, trolls have an incredible ability to excrete voluminous logorrhea.. you need to hand out some pepto with each new membership!

:w:
TROLLS-THIS IS OUR SISTER IF YOU CANNOT SAY SOMETHING IN THE OPEN AND FEEL YOU HAVE TO CAUSE HER DISTRESS IN PRIVATE, THEN SHAME ON YOU, WHAT BIG STRONG MEN YOU ARE, OR IS IT A SIZE ISSUE U FEEL YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR INADEQUACY BY BULLYING PEOPLE. :enough!::raging:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.