/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i failed a english class in college but it wasn't my fault...

User_23338
05-27-2009, 07:54 PM
the teacher i had was a !@#$ and he doesn't have good experience to teach and he wasn't good at explaining things, I have never failed a english class before, but this was my first time failing a class in college and i am very pissed about it, but i am afraid of telling my mom, because I really don't want to mess up my mood today, but i can't hold this in any longer.

Please will anyone give me good advice on this, please, i am very pissed and afraid about this ok, i know i can retake the class but im afraid of my parents reaction to this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faith.
05-27-2009, 08:05 PM
:sl:
I've had really /*** teachers in some of my subjects too. One of the reasons which im so scared of failing. Bro I think you should just tell your parents. Its going to have to come out sooner or later.
Im sure if they see you upset about it they'll see too. I think I understand how you feel about the fact that your afraid.
Make dua, and InshaAllah all the best.

Sorry I was not much of a help.
All the best.
:w:

User_23338
05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
is it possible that allah can change my grade?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 08:28 PM
^^ You know what I used to think the same. I was accused of plagiarism by my English professor as well and I'm not the type to cheat EVER. I've always been good in English...anyway I took the course again and got an A! So Alhamdulillah. I dont think Allah will change your grade.

I jus recently got my results and was worried about my Chemistry class...turns out I got a B+ lol Alhamdulillah. I was expecting to fail...so I'd keep making du'a.

Did u get your grade or is this what the professor told you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faith.
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't think your grade will be changed now. But still make dua, Allah can make it easy for you to break it to your parents Insha'Allah.

User_23338
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Please make dua for me so when I retake the course I'll get a much better grade

Faith.
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
InshaAllah brother. Try not to worry about it for now

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
InshaAllah bro.
You do the same and work extra harder.

User_23338
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
why don't parents understand what we go through?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
They just have high aspirations...:/

Faith.
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
They do understand. They just don't show it:mmokay:
They've been through the process of exams and teenage life as well. Keep that in mind.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
^^ Yea definitely. Like I said though, they have too many hopes from their kids, so they dont quite show it.

User_23338
05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Amaarah
They do understand. They just don't show it:mmokay:
They've been through the process of exams and teenage life as well. Keep that in mind.
it seems like getting yelled at by parents is never going to end :cry:

Tony
05-27-2009, 09:20 PM
i failed a english class in college but it wasn't my fault... - 1 Hour Ago

!? I failed an English class in college, but, it was not my fault.:clever:

darren
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
They yell because they care. Muslims are suppose to respect and love there family. At times we think there just doing it to piss us off. But really its to guide us and make us proud of ourselves. I love my mother and father and I respect it when they shout at me because I know they are right. You just need to look at there perspective. :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
i failed a english class in college but it wasn't my fault... - 1 Hour Ago

!? I failed an english class in college, but, it was not my fault.:clever:
LOL! :x

User_23338
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^ You know what I used to think the same. I was accused of plagiarism by my English professor as well and I'm not the type to cheat EVER. I've always been good in English...anyway I took the course again and got an A! So Alhamdulillah. I dont think Allah will change your grade.

I jus recently got my results and was worried about my Chemistry class...turns out I got a B+ lol Alhamdulillah. I was expecting to fail...so I'd keep making du'a.

Did u get your grade or is this what the professor told you?
I was also accused of plagarism, and btw the teacher told me by emailing me.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Mine just kicked me out, claiming I didn't read the book we were to write about. I was trying to show him I had it but he didn't bother listening. I hate him still!

Whatsthepoint
05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Of course it's your fault, if it had been the treacher's fault, everyone else would have failed it.

darren
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Mine just kicked me out, claiming I didn't read the book we were to write about. I was trying to show him I had it but he didn't bother listening. I hate him still!
Hate is a very strong word

User_23338
05-27-2009, 09:26 PM
English teachers in college use a software to detect if someone plagiarized, but I don't know how that **** software actually think I plagiarized.

User_23338
05-27-2009, 09:29 PM
that's not the only thing though, my English teacher had no experience and he was also very strict on the grading.

Whatsthepoint
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
that's not the only thing though, my English teacher had no experience and he was also very strict on the grading.
What was the average grade?
How do you calculate the average grade in the US anyway? You got A, B, C, D, F which are not numbers.

Faith.
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Trust me deep down they shout cause they care. They only want the best for you bro. They're your parents it's only in their nature to want the best for you.

Okay you failed. So pick your self back up again and work harder so next time you will pass for sure.

If you show them you are going to work hard then they won't question you. They'll know that your trying your utmost hardest and they wont yell or try to argue with you.

Just think to yourself whether all the blame should be placed with the teacher, or should be placed with your self.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Of course it's your fault, if it had been the treacher's fault, everyone else would have failed it.
Not really! Some just dont like you. They think if some words are similar, you copied. In my case at least. Thats not hte only problem. He claimed I missed 7 homework assignments when I actually forgot it once at home. He let me bring it in after class, I had my mom bring it to me. Some silly things happened with my friend as well.

It's easy to assume the fault is with the student because many do cheat. Doesnt mean we all do!

User_23338
05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
What was the average grade?
How do you calculate the average grade in the US anyway? You got A, B, C, D, F which are not numbers.
my grade was gonna be a D but the requirement to pass the class is a C or above, but the piece of **** teacher gave me a F.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Just think to yourself whether all the blame should be placed with the teacher, or should be placed with your self.
See that line just itches me. It's not always the case you know. I got an A in my Modern American History class and we wrote more papers than I have in my English class. Whats that tell you?

Faith.
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
See that line just itches me. It's not always the case you know. I got an A in my Modern American History class and we wrote more papers than I have in my English class. Whats that tell you?
I don't mean to say that he should be blamed for his grade. I haven't sat A-Levels yet, but at GCSE's you can turn everything around by doing things yourself.I.e: Revising, getting tutouring.
I was trying to get across that mabye he could have done more or worked a lttle harder to achive his goal grade.
Sorry I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
:X Sorry sis i wasnt angry lol. I was just saying :-[

:wub: Hope ur not upset :/

Faith.
05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
No im not angry sis don't worry..:wub:
I can see now what your trying to say.:D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Lol phew ok Alhamdulillah :D

User_23338
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Darn it I'm so scared, I wish I could die right now,

Well I don't want to die but I wish my parents could forget about what grade I have

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
It's nerve racking but itll pass inshallah.
theyll get over it but u will have to prove to them.

GreyKode
05-27-2009, 10:07 PM
is it possible that allah can change my grade?
No, you should make DUa'a that ALLAH(swt) gives you the strength to study good enough for the test

Zahida
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
:sl: Listen kids every child is different and every teacher has their own way of teaching as does the child who is learning.................

The teacher has strict guidelines to follow and the aim is to teach the children to the best of their ability, some are keen others not so keen. They may be good at practical stuff but not so good at writing and essays blah blah blah...............

Anyway speaking from a teachers perspective we only do our job. It's not about being good at what we do just like everyone else we are paid to do a job and serve just like a shopkeeper. It's upto the customer to advantage of what is on offer.

As a parent i have never pushed my children. They need time and space to grow and develop and InshaAllah they won't be adisappointment. I would never be angry with them if they got a poor grade and my daughter had her mocks recently and the only way i saw fit to encourage her was by telling her to do her best, and no matter what i would not be disappointed.

I guess what i am trying to say is that at the end of the day everyone is different....................:bump1::w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I've always done better in classes where homework was given and when u reviewed it over with class as well as learning it before hand. That was how I studied. So when tests came I'd only need to really revise somewhat. It's not like that anymore for all classes so I realized I need to study extra harder.
Some people can do just fine and only study a little bit. So yea we're all different.

convert
05-27-2009, 11:00 PM
tip: take core classes (sciences, english, basic math) at a community college over the summer and transfer them over to your university. they are easier there and don't cost as much.

User_23338
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
tip: take core classes (sciences, english, basic math) at a community college over the summer and transfer them over to your university. they are easier there and don't cost as much.
I am at a community college right now, I'm gonna transfer to a university next year inshallah.

Yanal
05-27-2009, 11:21 PM
InshAllah you will pass,I am in a similar situation as I am failing math but all I am doing is studying harder,and spending very little time on the computer.

User_23338
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Am I gonna feel good after I tell my mom?

Yanal
05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Yes I did horrible on a subject last term and I said there were a few hard tests so inshAllah I will do better next time..and they gave me words of encouragment..so yeah inshAllah it should.

User_23338
05-28-2009, 12:30 AM
allah please give me some easement when i tell my parents

The Ruler
05-28-2009, 12:49 AM
What's worse than having to tell your parents about a bad grades is getting the bad grade, signing the test paper and then getting caught. -_-

Really, you think you're going to go through hell, but you won't. Your mother is probably going to lecture you, but sitting through it won't be so bad. Heck, you might even learn a thing or two.

Oh, and whilst you're procrastinating, think up of some realistic excuses.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2009, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
That's what I've done! I'm transfering next fall InshaAllah.

Yanal
05-28-2009, 02:40 AM
If I take any basics in my school,I will not be able to attend UNI...so I stick to regular..how did it go mr.K?

User_23338
05-28-2009, 03:04 AM
I didn't tell my parents yet

syilla
05-28-2009, 07:23 AM
akhee...i remember once my ustaz said if you fail an exam it doesn't mean it is the end of the world...

and he teached me this dua

اللهم أجرني في مصيبتي واخلفني خيرا منها

O Lord, reward me for my affliction and give me something better than it in return, which only You, the Exalted the Mighty, can give.'"

May Allah score you all the exams after this with flying colours...ameenn....

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Ameen

Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
That's one reason why I always go to ratemyprofessor.com before registering for any of my classes :D

But, I do sympathize for you. I mean, the thing with English is that it's very broad. Math, for example, only has one correct answer, so even if you DO have a bad teacher, you can still get by.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
^^ I do that too but that doesn't always work you know lol. Some classes only have one teacher available, hence you get left with no choice at times O.o. So yea then that just stinks...

Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I didn't tell my parents yet
Hopefully you're not desi. lol jk :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2009, 04:50 PM
^ lool :x Ehh even desi parents can be not too rough about it.

Eric H
05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Greetings and peace be with you MrKhan89;
I have never failed a english class before,
Exams get progressively harder as you get older, you cannot afford to be complacent, you have to try harder each year. Exams are meant to be tough and not everyone passes, when you take on a challenge that is greater than you have experienced before, you automatically earn the right to fail.

But!!!

The right to fail comes at a price, you have to be able to look back and say you did your very best, you prepared and studied hard.

The test of someone’s character is not how they deal with success, rather it is how they deal with failure. Does failure beat you down, or does it make you more determined to try again. Honestly review the reasons you failed, plan changes and try again, do not be beaten.

Please keep in mind it is not your parents that have to live with the failure, it affects you more than it affects them, try not to blame the teacher.

In the spirit of praying for that inner strength to keep going, when the going gets tough.

Eric

User_23338
05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
it was technically the teachers fault i failed

Faith.
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Did you manage to tell your parents yet MrKhan89 ?

User_23338
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
yes i just now told my mom about it, i was very surprised that she didn't yell at me!!!!!
she understands about how college is, she was telling me to do better next time, and she wasn't angry either.

Allah thank you for giving me the relief.
I feel much better now.

Eric H
05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Greetings and peace be with you MrKhan89;
my grade was gonna be a D but the requirement to pass the class is a C or above, but the piece of **** teacher gave me a F
You still need his help, somehow you need to change your thoughts about him.
it was technically the teachers fault i failed
Possibly you are not in a position to change your teacher, which means that if you take the exam again you have to pass in spite of not getting on with the teacher.

The test of Character is how do you break down the barriers that exist between you and your teacher? In all honesty you will need his help to pass next time; you don’t need any further battles between you and him, it would be far better for you to change your thoughts about him even if it seems like a climb down to you.

And you still have to tell your parents some time soon, you will feel so much better when you do, even if there is some aggro.

In the spirit of facing up to life’s problems

Eric

Tony
05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
good news eh bro. truth pays

Eric H
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Blessings and peace be with you MrKhan89;

Well done, please disregard the end of my last post, we seemed to have posted at the same time.

Blessings and peace be with you :)

Eric

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2009, 07:45 PM
yes i just now told my mom about it, i was very surprised that she didn't yell at me!!!!!
she understands about how college is, she was telling me to do better next time, and she wasn't angry either.

I feel much better now.
Now that wasnt so bad loool. Alhamdulillah. Just try harder next time InshaAllah! :)

Faith.
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM

I feel much better now.
Alhamdulillah!. Truth pays off!. Now all you have to do is study harder. Insha'Allah you get your get grade next time round

Zahida
05-28-2009, 09:53 PM
:sl: Lol well done though i technically cannot understand why you seem to still say that it was your teachers fault.......................:w::bump1:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-29-2009, 02:24 AM
^^Well I dunno bout the bro but it CAN be. Ever heard of teachers hating?? It happens....

Zahida
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
:sl:^^^^ Teachers hating i don't get you sorry for being abit slow..............:-[:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
lol some teachers are just plain weirdos..ive had my share. ive not ever failed but not got the grade i should have. I can do my grades, ive seen how they do it lol.

Zahida
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
:sl: Lol back at you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a teacher and have been so for 10 years my students think i am cooooooooooool never been called a weirdo though!!!! Heheheheheh:):w:

yusuf18
05-29-2009, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Lol back at you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a teacher and have been so for 10 years my students think i am cooooooooooool never been called a weirdo though!!!! Heheheheheh:):w:
thats cool what age group do you teach

yusuf18
05-29-2009, 05:10 PM
i had a good relationship with a teacher once which is cool you need that sometimes

Whatsthepoint
05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Teachers of literature are usually gentle souls who didn't know what do do with their life and though reading books would be cool. You must have done something terrible to infuriate on of them, I don't think you can fix it. Is it possible to change the professor or class?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-29-2009, 07:27 PM
^^ Usually is the key word! I have met my brothers English professor and she was the biggest fruit you'd never want to meet. She would rejects my brothers paper because he didnt do it perfectly like she wanted. She wouldnt even "grade" it. I helped my bro make corrections and edit his papers and yet she didnt TAKE them from him and I've always gotten As on my paper. So I hardly think its always the students fault? One teacher might like my paper and the other might not, so I refuse to believe it's always the student at fault.

In the end he just dropped her class and took it a different semester.

It's like having several people read a book or article where some may like it while others may not.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-29-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
Alhamdulillah for that sis :D I can already tell your lovely :wub:

Zahida
05-30-2009, 12:53 PM
:sl: Bless you i teach English in an all girls school aged 11 to 18 and i have had my fair share of grief as a teacher but generally they love me......... (not being big-headed). The girls make m job more interesting and fun and we really get on. My daughter is at the same school and in year 10 all her friends call me mum lol!!!!!!!!!!:w::)
format_quote Originally Posted by yusuf18
thats cool what age group do you teach

Zahida
05-30-2009, 12:54 PM
:sl: Awwwwww thanks little one i am just friendly towards anyone i meet ................. that attitude gets you along way trust me..........:):w:
Alhamdulillah for that sis :D I can already tell your lovely :wub:

Zahida
05-30-2009, 12:58 PM
:sl: LOL!!!!! Whatsthepoint................ No arguing with you is there?????

Actually i have a lovely personality am genuine and loved very much by all those who know me...............

My life to say the least is not boring and very interesting and challenging in every way and i thank Allah everyday for His Blessings on me and my family!!!!!!!!!

So whatsthepoint what do you do for a living??????:):w:
Teachers of literature are usually gentle souls who didn't know what do do with their life and though reading books would be cool. You must have done something terrible to infuriate on of them, I don't think you can fix it. Is it possible to change the professor or class?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.