/* */

PDA

View Full Version : age

darren
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
What age should a Muslim be thinking about getting married?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-28-2009, 03:35 PM
:sl:

it depends, when a man is mature enough and feels he needs and wants to get married then he should. Theres no age requirement, it can be as young as 18 if the person is ready

Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Earlier the better, staying away from sins!

darren
05-28-2009, 03:39 PM
So what do you all think about boyfriends and girlfriends? always been curious of that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darren
So what do you all think about boyfriends and girlfriends? always been curious of that.
I don't support it, personally. Isn't that basically lustful glances and touches before marriage?

S_87

islamically its not permissible, its marriage or nothing which is why those who can, are encouraged to marry as soon as possible as it closes doors to zina

AhlaamBella
Not allowed. Simply because it prevents the relationship from being pure. Having "access" to each other without proper committment isn't fair and can lead to problems

darren
05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I agree with you. At school its usaly the attraction and not personality

Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

islamically its not permissible, its marriage or nothing which is why those who can, are encouraged to marry as soon as possible as it closes doors to zina
Ali (radiallahu Anhu) was 21, and his wife Fatima Zahra (Radiallahu anha/Daughter of the Prophet) was 17. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam) himself was, I believe, 26. Most scholars say earlier the better in this day and age. But at the same time, I know people who say its an anchor for those who want to extend their learning experience... *shrugs*

AhlaamBella
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree with you. At school its usaly the attraction and not personality
Exactly, you can't care for a gf/bf the way you can care for a wife/husband

Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
Exactly, you can't care for a gf/bf the way you can care for a wife/husband

It's lust. Especially because peer pressure and also due to teenage years.

AhlaamBella
05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
It's also society in a way. Because they dictate you are too young to marry therefore keep yourself going with a girlfriend and play around for a bit. Islam doesn't teach that Alhamdulilah :)

yusuf18
05-28-2009, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
It's also society in a way. Because they dictate you are too young to marry therefore keep yourself going with a girlfriend and play around for a bit. Islam doesn't teach that Alhamdulilah :)
yes but its only for the benfit to sisters w

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!