/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam Organization?

Clover
05-29-2009, 03:27 AM
I am wondering, what is the Muslim's Organization called? Or does it even have one?

Here are some examples of others:

The Catholic Church
Southern Baptist Convention

I am wondering if the Muslims have one, or is it kinda like some protestant churches are, and your just a Muslim, you study wherever is local, and do a lot of individual learning?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-29-2009, 05:18 PM
There are many Muslim organization in Indonesia.

These are the big three :
1. Nahdlatul Ulama (NU)
2. Muhammadiyah
3. Persatuan Islam/Persis (Islam United)

Unlike Christian, a Muslim can prays in every mosque and prays together with another Muslim who follows another organization.
And Muslim can learn about Islam from every scholar.

Beardo
05-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Ummah? :)

Actually, I don't know... Al-Sunni Masjid? lol, just kidding...

Clover
05-30-2009, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
There are many Muslim organization in Indonesia.

These are the big three :
1. Nahdlatul Ulama (NU)
2. Muhammadiyah
3. Persatuan Islam/Persis (Islam United)

Unlike Christian, a Muslim can prays in every mosque and prays together with another Muslim who follows another organization.
And Muslim can learn about Islam from every scholar.
Christians can pray in every Church that I am aware of, the Catholics do not prohibit the Protestants or Orthodox from church, and vice-versa. The Catholics do prohibit Protestants from taking the Eucharist, but thats not prayer, thats more or less, a ceremony.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GreyKode
05-30-2009, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Christians can pray in every Church that I am aware of, the Catholics do not prohibit the Protestants or Orthodox from church, and vice-versa. The Catholics do prohibit Protestants from taking the Eucharist, but thats not prayer, thats more or less, a ceremony.
I thougt there was a list of membership or something for different churches.

Yanal
05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Over here it Is called BCMA "British Columbia Muslim Association".

Clover
05-31-2009, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
I thougt there was a list of membership or something for different churches.
Some do, but that doesn't make you un-able to go there. just makes you a non-member, which means nothing really, except you can't vote in committees, which are retarded. My old church had over a dozen committees, one for each event, which was insane, it takes a hour every sunday just to vote, thats why, when I became a member, I refused to join one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.