/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me please.... I think i am ready to be Muslim!

love_quran
06-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I am worried.

I know no Muslims in my area.

There are no Mosques in my town.

I have no transportation to a Mosque i can afford.

I am afraid if i do what my heart and my mind is telling me to do my faith in Islam will turn into dust without regular face-to-face contact with Muslims or worship at a Mosque.

Please help me :cry::nervous::'(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
peaceandlove
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
I am worried.

I am afraid if i do what my heart and my mind is telling me to do my faith in Islam will turn into dust without regular face-to-face contact with Muslims or worship at a Mosque.

:sl: brothers,
well brother , your are currently livning in 21st century , so just donot be upset :'( and first feel cool :coolalien:p:D.

If you think you can have many options sitll avialbe , obviously according to your circumstances you can choose the best , i will try to give some seggestion

a) Can you shift your home to some area where their is mosques and muslim community lives there.

b) Ok , if currently not possible then , if you want to talk to some muslim , Internet is a great place for this , your can join forums to talk , you can chat with them , if you want you have vidoe chat with ohter muslims friend .

c) In your holidays and free time , instead of going to differnet places for fun try to go to some mosque to meet some different muslims and seek any help from them you want.

d) AND , here at this forum we are always there to talk to you , and help you.

May Allah give Hidayat to you and all of us.

and be happy :D:thankyou:

julie sarri
06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
:sl: when i first became Muslim i felt the same i didn't know any Muslim sisters in my area and i didn't attend mosque becouse the ones in my area are only suitable for brothers and while i know that its better for sisters to pray at home i still missed the interaction with them. i had to self teach myself Islam from books and on line. books really helped me keep my Eemaan up highs and lows in Eemaan is not just something a revert or new Muslim goes threw it happens to the born Muslim the one who prays in the mosque and the one who is a big part of the Muslim community we all have to work hard to keep our Eemaan in tip top condition and we do this by reading Quran researching Islam i.e hadiths and most importantly threw our prayers and asking Allah swt for help,support,guidance's and increase in good deeds and Eemaan inshaallah

crayon
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Heya, don't get frustrated, inshaAllah it'll work out. If your intention is pure, just pray to Allah, and whatever is meant to happen will. :)

Use this to find your nearest mosque, and try to visit it
link

If it's still too far, then you don't have to go until you're able to. It's not really a must to go to a mosque, anyway. You can say the shahada wherever you are, and learn the basics online, until you manage to find some muslims/a mosque you can meet with. Not sure how old you are, but if you go to uni, ask if there's a muslims student's association, they could perhaps help you out.

May Allah make it easy for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
love_quran
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Thank you all for your encouragement.

Zafran
06-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Salaam

just take it easy - inshAllah it will become easier for you.

peace

anatolian
06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
You just need to submit yourself to Allah's will inorder to be a muslim, do not care the rest 'so much'. Let's imagine a man living on an island alone. He will also have to live an Islamic life.

Snowflake
06-06-2009, 07:27 PM
You've come so far bro, you will succeed God willing. Other than the advice given, there is a very good chat program by the name of Paltalk. I have witnessed many Shahadahs there and there are lot of muslims as well as newly reverted ones.

There are Islamic rooms and If you register, I can introduce you to a brother who will do his best to help you. He himself reverted years back and his knowledge is incredible. He gives beneficial talks and will make you feel so welcome. Sadly Ive never added him to my list, so I cant remember the exact spelling of his screen name. It is something like 'men of understanding'. Me, Squiggle and Light of Heaven can all vouch for him as being a great bro lol. MashaAllah.

You can download paltalk@ www.paltalk.com and let me know when you've done it. Or it might be better to let Squiggle know as he is likely to have bro 'men' on his buddy list and can introduce you quicker than I can.

I wish you the best bro. May Allah make your journey to Islam beautiful and easy for you. Ameen. :)

Strzelecki
06-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Masha'Allah love_quran.
I assumed you were a Muslim.

Don't be shy, don't be scared. Allah (swt) knows what's in your heart and that is what counts.
May Allah (swt) protect you and keep you steadfast. Ameen!

Masha'Allah!!!

islamlover_girl
06-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Do u know what does it mean to pray five times a day,it`s meeting and talking to Allah 5times ,isn`t that enough,if u felt any time lonely just remember that Allah with u ,make dua and ask him all what u need in the life and hereafter.u can pray at home or any where and remember that u will have great reward in shaa Allah for being a muslim and worshiping Allah despite of living where there isn`t any masjids or muslims.the more difficults u path through,the more reward u will get in shaa Allah.
and remember that u have many muslim brothers and sisters here in this forum who will be glad to help and encourge u all the time :) .

ghengis
06-08-2009, 09:11 PM
yeeeeah!!! go on son.
u know it... i am a convert too.

2 rules bro: after i converted i broke the second and strayed a bit. dont let it happen.

1: keep your relationship with allah a priority in your life. (remember/fear/love/reliance/submittance/humility/etc.... talk to him often... nurture this relationship.... 24/7....)

2: keep your relationship with quran alive and blossoming.. :)

i stopped reading quran for a while and dabbled in other subjects... thats when i started to lose the faith a little...

hold fast to the two rules!!!

- Qatada -
06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi :)

here's a good link;

http://muslimconverts.com

Try learning the different aspects of salah [the prayer], fasting etc. and carry on asking Allah to make the path easy for you and to find you a good mosque, and keep trying to find one.

It might be that Allah provides a way out for you from ways you never expected :)

love_quran
06-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Thank you all for your encouragement and advice. :) The idea of being on a desert Island shortly after converting ..... I find to be a very apt metaphor. I will keep all this in mind when I do decide to make the testification. I love the Quran...i hope that love will never fade. :?

- Qatada -
06-16-2009, 04:03 PM
hey, whats preventing you from becoming muslim today? :)

suleyman
06-16-2009, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
I am worried.

Whoever has Taqwa of Allah - He will give him a way out and provide for him from where he does not expect.
Quran 65.2

Whoever has Taqwa of Allah - He will make matters easy for him. Quran 65.4

The key is Taqwa and establishing Righteousness, everything else is details.

Clover
06-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Good luck becoming a Muslim, I hope it's what you want inside, and if it is, I hope you do it with all your might.

love_quran
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by suleyman

Whoever has Taqwa of Allah - He will give him a way out and provide for him from where he does not expect.
Quran 65.2

Thank you very much the Ayats you have quoted. :)They have helped me much. Also, between the time i posted this thread and now i have gotten alot calmer about the whole situation. :statisfie

I am trying to remember what it says in the quran(cant remember the verse) that even the smallest of HIS creations and it's whereabouts are known to Allah. :D (perhaps someone better than me can give the actual verse..i think it has something to do with a mustard seed in a mountain cave or something)

جوري
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
[6:59] With Him are the keys of the Unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a Record clear (to those who can read).

love_quran
06-22-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
[6:59] With Him are the keys of the Unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a Record clear (to those who can read).
Yes!:D That's it! Ive gotta start making a record just for my favorite quran verses :) I love the quran so much...every time i read it i feel alot mopre calm and at peace about everything :happy:

- IqRa -
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
What is stopping you from converting right now brother?

Layla454
06-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Go for it brother because you never know what will happen tomorrow

MSalman
06-25-2009, 05:55 PM
as-salamu 'alaykum

"And announce to the believers the glad tidings, that they will have from Allah a Great Bounty. And obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and harm them not (in revenge for their harming you till you are ordered). And put your trust in Allah, and Sufficient is Allah as a Wakil (Trustee, or Disposer of affairs)" [Surah al-Ahzab (33): 46-47 - interpretation of the meaning]

may Allah Ta'ala make this transition easy for you brother, ameen

Caller الداعي
06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
mashala bro welcome to islam!

catalzzy
06-25-2009, 09:41 PM
ahamudillah, go for it. :)

Muhaba
07-01-2009, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
That is indeed a very beautiful verse.

Muhaba
07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
You can also visit some Muslim country to meet muslims, learn about Islam and learn Arabic. There are lots of arabic courses in egypt & Syria.

love_quran
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I appreciate all of ya being so concerned i make the Shahada leap of faith quickly so i do not lose my chance (I know we never know when our opportunities in this life to grow closer to God/Allah will end). I feel Allah has directed me to seek the answer to a few more questions before i make testification. thank you for your patience with me as i make my last steps of inquiry.

Al Ansari
07-07-2009, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by suleyman

Quran 65.2

The verses given above are so true. I was the only Muslim that I knew. I never came into contact with other Muslims and didn't know what a Muslim was supposed to look like; however, one day I got a call from a brother (may Allaah guide him upon the straight way) and he took me to a mosque. I was so nervous but the brothers their embraced me and hugged me as if I was there long lost brother who got lost for a bit and then found again. I will tell you this--nurture your eemaan and ask Allaah to make it easy for you. Asking Allaah can change things, Allaah willing. Never underestimate the power of asking Allaah to guide you and make things easy for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.