/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Predicament

Clover
06-03-2009, 05:24 AM
I have seen on some Christian sites I talk on, and many times, when it comes to Islam and Terrorism their main key thing is "you never see Muslims condemning the terrorists" I'd like to see some links, to Muslim Leaders (religious and political) of them condemning it, so I could share this next time I see them say that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
06-03-2009, 06:05 AM
80+ posts and still does not know where to find Search

doorster
06-03-2009, 06:11 AM

Islam is Not the Source of Terrorism, But its Solution

islam Vs terrorism

Does Islam Sanction Terrorism?

Islam And Terrorism

Islam VS. Terrorism - Khalid Yasin

How Islam Fought Terrorism

How Islam Fought Terrorism

Anti Terrorism Video Islam

What does Islam say about terrorism?

war against islam or war on terrorism?

Does Islam = Terrorism?

Where are the signs of terrorism in Islam?

Islam Denounces Terrorism

Islam Vs Terrorism (edited version)

Islam & Terrorism ?

Islam Vs Terrorism

جوري
06-03-2009, 06:34 AM
what do you honestly expect from christian sites? the truth/ fairness/understanding? Islam is their enemy and they'll do anything to malign and distort it.. practically their entire religion revolves around maligning Islam and Muslims, I am starting to wonder of the tenets of Christianity if there are any since they are completely drowned by their hatred and obsessions..

It is sad, that they can't exist on their own accord and constantly need something else to contrast to, if only there were truthful in what they peddle... but I believe they have become so jaded they are unable to distinguish the difference...

I am through with christian websites as I am with atheist ones..I really don't need that kind of stress in my life..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
06-03-2009, 06:43 AM
I know some lovely Christians in real life, Much of web including many sites labelled as Islamic/Judeo-Christian are just pure trash and in many cases same retards own sites on a wide range of ideologies (often with exact opposite views)

it is something to do with clicks and money

HopeFul
06-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Assalamoaalikum,

I has a discussion with a christian woman in the park yesterday. something about beliefs and rascism and terrorism..

I had to admit though, it is more of a media spread thing. Let's say someone tells you that suh and such is a bad area to ahng around at night, I think most of us woudnt want to see for ourselves, we'd take the precaution.

how does the media protray us and our image these days? No questions about it. My family, as british muslims has experienced rascist and Biased treatment time and time again, my poor kids only 2, 4 6, its sad.

recently I had an issue, I told the person on their face that they feel this way towards me just because I am dressed in a specific way and I wear the gown thing, because I am a muslim. he was shocked but is ok now. Mostly people think that they can get away with whatever they say and do and we will ignore it, fearing confrontation.

I think that whatever people think about su and terrorism is fed through the media, and perhaps it is not to be blame, people are scared of bombs, terrorists and anything associated wit it ( yeah musims) and they would not want to go on and speak to a muslim first hand to see wether what they ehar in tv or radio or in the newspaper is true or not.

i think we should try and counter act through the same media, making friends, and seriously, give Quaan in the local language as a present to the local people who are sensible and would read it without disrespecting it. people need to read for themselves what we are.

I think that giving links of muslims condemning terrorism wont have any effect.
people who ask for such thigns ahve made up their mind in ofensive, they dont care you give them answers or not, they just know how to attack. It would be better for you to quote Ahadeeth or Ayaat of the Quraan, to put your point across.

جوري
06-03-2009, 06:57 AM
I can believe that.. you can't regulate anything on the web unfortunately..
it is a very new thing.. until folks are personally harmed by it.. for instance I recently learned that it was perfectly OK to tape people even changing clothes and going to the bathroom and post it on the net.. it wasn't until a lady sued her neighbor that they passed a law against that...

so it is to be expected, and I doubt anything will be done about it anyway, many cite freedom of speech but fail to distinguish that from libel and slander ...

the best thing is not to promote them and not visit them, but I have to tell you, if it weren't for all those crappy sites on the web, I'd have probably not held the same interest in Islam I do today.. I was really forced to learn things about Islam from the amount of crap that is circulating the web...

I think most people need to re-establish their covenant with Allah swt, after re-discovering their faith.. one shouldn't merely accept a religion because they are born into it, if there is one thing I am grateful for from hate websites, is giving me my faith back...

although I am pretty sure they have mislead many in the process as well..

:w:

Uthman
06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
This would be exactly what you're looking for: http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php

aamirsaab
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
:sl:
Pardon my french here but:
F the web. Go out and meet muslims. Tell those christians that and actually ask them if they know of any muslims in real life (they probably don't). If they don't, tell them to find some. If they do, they can ask THEM instead of trolling all over the place.

Sorry if this comes across as exceptionally rude, I just really hate internet islam-critics. 4+ years (on and off) I've spent dealing with them and they still don't freaking learn.

Edit: changed thread title

S_87
06-03-2009, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I have seen on some Christian sites I talk on, and many times, when it comes to Islam and Terrorism their main key thing is "you never see Muslims condemning the terrorists" I'd like to see some links, to Muslim Leaders (religious and political) of them condemning it, so I could share this next time I see them say that.
as a muslim id like to ask them christians how come i dont see them standing up and condemning george bushes terrorism in iraq since he said 'he was inspired by God'
the reason why i dont expect every christian to stand up and have to condemn it to the world is because them as christians are not connected to george bushes terrorism just because they are christian, so they shouldnt have to defend or condemn people who are linked to them by faith but not otherwise.

Why does the non muslim world expect muslims to have to stand up and say 'we condemn terrorists'?

i as a muslim condemn terrorists, i condemn the israeli zionist soldiers and also the western troops in afghanistan and iraq..i also condemn suicide bombings like 7/7..however i dont see why i have to stand up and tell the world that because its nothing to do with me, im not part of it and im not gonna appease others by apologising or condemning continuously for something i didnt do. there are enough enough talks amongst muslims on the danger of terrorism and extremism, but we shouldnt have to keep standing up to non muslims and saying sorry we condemn this!

Clover
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
Pardon my french here but:
F the web. Go out and meet muslims. Tell those christians that and actually ask them if they know of any muslims in real life (they probably don't). If they don't, tell them to find some. If they do, they can ask THEM instead of trolling all over the place.

Sorry if this comes across as exceptionally rude, I just really hate internet islam-critics. 4+ years (on and off) I've spent dealing with them and they still don't freaking learn.

Edit: changed thread title
Their are no muslims in my county, so far that I can find, I plan on meeting them when I join up, when they ship me out (I think it's mandatory, but if it isn't, I want to go to Pakistan).

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
This would be exactly what you're looking for: http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
Thanks for link.

format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
Assalamoaalikum,

I has a discussion with a christian woman in the park yesterday. something about beliefs and rascism and terrorism..

I had to admit though, it is more of a media spread thing. Let's say someone tells you that suh and such is a bad area to ahng around at night, I think most of us woudnt want to see for ourselves, we'd take the precaution.

how does the media protray us and our image these days? No questions about it. My family, as british muslims has experienced rascist and Biased treatment time and time again, my poor kids only 2, 4 6, its sad.

recently I had an issue, I told the person on their face that they feel this way towards me just because I am dressed in a specific way and I wear the gown thing, because I am a muslim. he was shocked but is ok now. Mostly people think that they can get away with whatever they say and do and we will ignore it, fearing confrontation.

I think that whatever people think about su and terrorism is fed through the media, and perhaps it is not to be blame, people are scared of bombs, terrorists and anything associated wit it ( yeah musims) and they would not want to go on and speak to a muslim first hand to see wether what they ehar in tv or radio or in the newspaper is true or not.

i think we should try and counter act through the same media, making friends, and seriously, give Quaan in the local language as a present to the local people who are sensible and would read it without disrespecting it. people need to read for themselves what we are.

I think that giving links of muslims condemning terrorism wont have any effect.
people who ask for such thigns ahve made up their mind in ofensive, they dont care you give them answers or not, they just know how to attack. It would be better for you to quote Ahadeeth or Ayaat of the Quraan, to put your point across.
I would, but thats just cause I am weird lol, but I get your meaning. Well, at least that person recognizes their ignorance, and their ignorance is due to fashion, rather silly to judge people by what they were, btu eh, I get judged by what I wear too. When you say Quaan, you meant Quran right? I doubt anywhere near me would be a good place, these people can't read the Bible without someone reading it for them 90% of the time (Ministers).

Caller الداعي
06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
salams
firstly i dont think the christian sites r out there to promote islam do u?
and weather someone says something about islam or doesnt it shouldnt change an ounce of faith in the heart of a muslim rather it should increase the imaan and belief of a believer.... remember that Allahs words and his messenger are enough for us and nothing can change that inshallah!

يُرِيدُونَ أَنْ يُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَيَأْبَى اللَّهُ إِلَّا أَنْ يُتِمَّ نُورَهُ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ (32) هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَى وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ (33)

YUSUFALI: They desire to extinguish Allah's light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
YUSUFALI: It is He Who hath sent His Messenger with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

جوري
06-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Their are no muslims in my county, so far that I can find, I plan on meeting them when I join up, when they ship me out (I think it's mandatory, but if it isn't, I want to go to Pakistan).
well where do you live? hard for me to imagine you haven't any Muslim, my guess is you probably didn't recognize them when you saw them..

would you have guessed if you ran into this gentleman casually that he is a Muslim? honestly-- If he didn't tell you he was, would you have?

Media Tags are no longer supported

considering the sheer number of Muslims in the world and across the globe from Chinese to Americans, you probably couldn't tell if you ran into one!

all the best

Clover
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
well where do you live? hard for me to imagine you haven't any Muslim, my guess is you probably didn't recognize them when you saw them..

would you have guessed if you ran into this gentleman casually that he is a Muslim? honestly-- If he didn't tell you he was, would you have?

considering the sheer number of Muslims in the world and across the globe from Chinese to Americans, you probably couldn't tell if you ran into one!

all the best
I live in a county of 31,000 people. I might notice him...I usually know 75% of the people I see in the stores, cause I've either played a sport with their kid, fought their kid, or I've went to church with their kid. It's really hard not to spot a Muslim, considering well over half of the people here go to a Baptist church. I have not just physically looked, I have searched through chat systems for muslims in my county, haven't found one.

Do not think I just look around and throw up my arms and say "no muslims here".

جوري
06-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I live in a county of 31,000 people. I might notice him...I usually know 75% of the people I see in the stores, cause I've either played a sport with their kid, fought their kid, or I've went to church with their kid. It's really hard not to spot a Muslim, considering well over half of the people here go to a Baptist church. I have not just physically looked, I have searched through chat systems for muslims in my county, haven't found one.

I don't know how you look for them, but then again, I really have no idea where you live.. most states in the U.S are very cosmopolitan, so unless you've never been outside of your county (period) I can't imagine not having come across any.

all the best

Clover
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't know how you look for them, but then again, I really have no idea where you live.. most states in the U.S are very cosmopolitan, so unless you've never been outside of your county (period) I can't imagine not having come across any.

all the best
I have been to around 15-20 other states, and even if I came across one, what is your point? It is not like if I come across one I can have a religious discussion with him.

جوري
06-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I have been to around 15-20 other states, and even if I came across one, what is your point? It is not like if I come across one I can have a religious discussion with him.

None whatsoever-- however I was under the impression given this statement:
I have searched through chat systems for muslims in my county, haven't found one.

that you were looking for Muslims for discussions? (and indeed it is best if you want to learn of others first hand)---
thus, if it doesn't matter to you, there is no point in bringing it up all together...

all the best

Clover
06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
None whatsoever-- however I was under the impression given this statement:

that you were looking for Muslims for discussions? (and indeed it is best if you want to learn of others first hand)---
thus, if it doesn't matter to you, there is no point in bringing it up all together...

all the best
Let me clarify something. Yes, I want to have discussions with Muslims. No, I cannot physically. My parents, if they found out I even was on here, would send me away to a Christian Camp until my 18th birthday. I have already been near sent to a Boot Camp, and I do not plan on going to a Christian Camp, especially since I am not even interested in Christianity.

جوري
06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
whao.. sorry to hear about that...

all the best

ragdollcat1982
06-04-2009, 07:32 PM
what do you honestly expect from christian sites? the truth/ fairness/understanding? Islam is their enemy and they'll do anything to malign and distort it.. practically their entire religion revolves around maligning Islam and Muslims, I am starting to wonder of the tenets of Christianity if there are any since they are completely drowned by their hatred and obsessions..

It is sad, that they can't exist on their own accord and constantly need something else to contrast to, if only there were truthful in what they peddle... but I believe they have become so jaded they are unable to distinguish the difference...

I am through with christian websites as I am with atheist ones..I really don't need that kind of stress in my life..

Sister you seem to have a hostilty to Christians. I have noticed this in some of your other postings as well. I have been a Christian all of my life and I have never hated Muslims, Athiest or any one else who is not a Christian. It is my Christian faith that teaches me that religious and racial hatred or discrimination of any kind is wrong. Jesus said love one another as I have loved you and that not only includes Christians, but that includes all people. Were you raised Muslim or did you embrace the faith later in life? Christians are no enemies of Muslims , just as Muslims are not the enemies of Christians.

جوري
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
experience is the best teacher of who is an enemy and who isn't.. I take it on an individual basis!

all the best

ragdollcat1982
06-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Let me clarify something. Yes, I want to have discussions with Muslims. No, I cannot physically. My parents, if they found out I even was on here, would send me away to a Christian Camp until my 18th birthday. I have already been near sent to a Boot Camp, and I do not plan on going to a Christian Camp, especially since I am not even interested in Christianity.

I take it Clover that your parents are Fundamentlist Christians? Such a shame that some people will take a beautful faith like Christianity and twist it so. While I believe parents have an obligation to bring their child up in their faith, God has given us freewill and as an adult they must choose what they will follow. If I raise my son right I hope he will stay with the Christian faith. But I dont think your parents sending you to a camp to be pardon me brainwashed is going to draw anywhere near Christianity.

ragdollcat1982
06-05-2009, 03:38 AM
experience is the best teacher of who is an enemy and who isn't.. I take it on an individual basis!

all the best

I understand what you are saying and I am sorry you have had some negative experineces with so called Christians. Anybody who would persecute another because they follow another religion is not a Christian even if they may call themselves one. Please just dont put the whole faith into a box. If I let the Western post 9/11 media influnece me I would not be on this forum learning.

جوري
06-05-2009, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
I understand what you are saying and I am sorry you have had some negative experineces with so called Christians. Anybody who would persecute another because they follow another religion is not a Christian even if they may call themselves one. Please just dont put the whole faith into a box. If I let the Western post 9/11 media influnece me I would not be on this forum learning.

I really don't.. my best friend is a Lutheran, not practicing very much though, and we have quite a few wonderful members on board.. Like Eric for instance.. he really is the best representative of Christianity I have seen on board -- usually people take the chance of anonymity to be their worst selves and there is no greater representative of bad and out of sort behavior than that on the web. Eric he has managed to remain respectful for yrs and we certainly appreciate having him on board.. and I am sure you'll be moving up the ranks soon.. although I'd certainly love to have you as a Muslim sister, I am content for now to have you as a christian friend..

all the best

peace

Clover
06-05-2009, 04:24 AM
I take it Clover that your parents are Fundamentlist Christians? Such a shame that some people will take a beautful faith like Christianity and twist it so. While I believe parents have an obligation to bring their child up in their faith, God has given us freewill and as an adult they must choose what they will follow. If I raise my son right I hope he will stay with the Christian faith. But I dont think your parents sending you to a camp to be pardon me brainwashed is going to draw anywhere near Christianity.
No, they are Baptist's, and only believen certain things literally, not all, or most.

Oh? And what are you? Catholic? Orthodox? Protestant? If any of these, you could accuse the other of twisting their faith. You could be accused of twisting your own faith, and it be wrong, don't assume my parents are one thing without knowing what they are for sure.

ragdollcat1982
06-05-2009, 04:38 AM
No, they are Baptist's, and only believen certain things literally, not all, or most.

Oh? And what are you? Catholic? Orthodox? Protestant? If any of these, you could accuse the other of twisting their faith. You could be accused of twisting your own faith, and it be wrong, don't assume my parents are one thing without knowing what they are for sure.

I was raised Catholic, but am now a Christian not affilated with any certian denomination. If I offended you I am sorry, but in my experince and I have many Fundamentalist Protestants in my family including Baptist. The only ones I have heard of threantening to send their children away to a camp or anything are misguided Fundamentalist.

Clover
06-05-2009, 04:42 AM
I was raised Catholic, but am now a Christian not affilated with any certian denomination. If I offended you I am sorry, but in my experince and I have many Fundamentalist Protestants in my family including Baptist. The only ones I have heard of threantening to send their children away to a camp or anything are misguided Fundamentalist.
They would either do that, or make me have a 1-1 with the preacher, and he isn't a moron, but he isn't very "enlightened" on other religions, I believe. Yes, he went to college, but a Christian college, where they, I bet, hardly touched other religions, especially Taoism, and smaller religions like that.

Zafran
06-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Salaam

some of the worst people on earth are religous people and some of the best people are also religous people IMO. - We should try to struggle to be the best - although it can be difficult in a radically less religous era

peace

ragdollcat1982
06-05-2009, 05:00 PM
They would either do that, or make me have a 1-1 with the preacher, and he isn't a moron, but he isn't very "enlightened" on other religions, I believe. Yes, he went to college, but a Christian college, where they, I bet, hardly touched other religions, especially Taoism, and smaller religions like that.

The only advice I can offer you is to obey your parents until you turn 18 and then you can move out and pursue your own faith openly.

IAmZamzam
08-26-2009, 03:40 AM
All you really need do is expose what ad hominem-riddled thinking they're using. As for the issue of those pervasive claims that Islam promotes terrorism, this article of mine might help, God willing.

Santoku
08-26-2009, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
as a muslim id like to ask them christians how come i dont see them standing up and condemning george bushes terrorism in iraq since he said 'he was inspired by God'
the reason why i dont expect every christian to stand up and have to condemn it to the world is because them as christians are not connected to george bushes terrorism just because they are christian, so they shouldnt have to defend or condemn people who are linked to them by faith but not otherwise.

Why does the non muslim world expect muslims to have to stand up and say 'we condemn terrorists'?

i as a muslim condemn terrorists, i condemn the israeli zionist soldiers and also the western troops in afghanistan and iraq..i also condemn suicide bombings like 7/7..however i dont see why i have to stand up and tell the world that because its nothing to do with me, im not part of it and im not gonna appease others by apologising or condemning continuously for something i didnt do. there are enough enough talks amongst muslims on the danger of terrorism and extremism, but we shouldnt have to keep standing up to non muslims and saying sorry we condemn this!

How many of us, Christians, Jews, atheists and agnostics marched through London time after time (perhaps you might have seen us) in the UK, in America all over the western world all with the banners NOT IN MY NAME, against the war against Georgie W. How many times since then.

I have not seen many muslim demonstrations against terrorism, I have seen plenty of demonstrations where muslims threaten me, no mass marches against Osama binLaden, no "Not in my name". Just a few of the more politically aware leaders saying - this is bad, but since there is no central authority in Islam that makes no real difference, does it?

Since you claim Islam is more than one tenth of the UK population let us see one tenth of the number of muslims dem0nstrating through the centre of London with "7/7 not in my name" slogans. Only 40,000 needed, not seen that

How many not in my name demonstrations

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.