/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic stories for children

sats
06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone,
I am looking for short condensed bedtime stories for my daughters ( 9 and 11)
Something that teaches them the basics ie dress, prayer etc. Please bear in mind that they have the attention span of a 2 year old:)

Any help would be gratefully appreciated:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HopeFul
06-06-2009, 09:45 PM
:sl:

Hmm You know this reminds me how it's been some time that i told my own kids a bed time story, perhaps I am too rushed to lay down myself!!

Well before I got "too busy" recently, I use to tell the Prophets (Alaihisalam) stories to them and condense them, take the main pointers, the moral lesson and tell the tale in a child friendly way, et voila, I got them listening hard MashaAllah. you could do the same and since theya re older, you could add more details and perhaps tell them religious kids stories. Eg how maryam ( Prophet IsaAlahi salam's mother) was just a child and she was so religious she lived in the mosque all the time and fruit from paradise came to her, so that her uncle ( who was also a prophet and his name was Zakariyya) came to see her, he would be surprised to see all the fruits that were not even in the season and when he'd ask her where the fruit came from she'd say, Allah has sent them.

She was just about 9 or 11 then too, your age, so if you obey Allah and try an make Him happy he would give you things too that are rare and special. She was a good girl who dressed modestly and prayed to Allah all the time. You could tell them that.

or the story of the two kids in surah Kahaf or the story of Hazrat Aisha, and many many more.. just try and make them according to their level, do not read directly from an adult book, you may know your kids better.

May Allah make them righteous, ameen :)
:w:

sats
06-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Thankyou for the great advice. I am still learning myself (the very basics) However I am sure I could still make up some short stories like you said. They are eager, but still kids:)

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my post:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.