/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dissillusioned revert; with respect to marriage.

ghengis
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
salaam.

i understand perfectly the marriage bond according to quran and sunnah.

does this actually occur these days though?? i mean with career minded girls and stuff?

i have been seeing a few hijabed proffessionals for marriage and they all have there own jobs, and dont want to move, and dont want there lifestyle altered...

so i am kinda dissillusioned.....

i move around a lot, not because of my work but because i choose too... and my work pattern is variable (work a few months...off the next for eg., because i choose to have it that way)

do women really "fit" into the mans life and schedule these days?

sisters please advise, married ones please advise.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
06-08-2009, 12:03 AM
wa alaikum assalam,

If you move around a lot, then you'll have to find a marriage partner who's willing to do that as well. There are plenty of women out there covering the whole spectrum of work and home. If a woman is happy working and that's not what you want, it's better to look for someone else, because if she does give up work, she may be miserable about it.

After marriage though, you may want to think about giving up your choice of moving around. Personally, I crave stability and want to set up a home with my husband in one city, buy a house, have a career, raise our kids without moving them around too much. One thing that you give up a bit of when you tie the knot is your choice. Now it's not just your choice, it's you and your spouse's choice.

Nihila
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Salaamun Alaykum,

Don't give up hope! InshaAllah you'll find the 'right' one for you...all those other women you've met who haven't fit the bill just simply aren't part of Allahs plan for you. :)

Perhaps moving around IS something you'd like to reconsider...presumably you wouldnt really want to when you are blessed with a family (InshaAllah)...

May we all find pious, beautiful husbands and wives :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.