/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dotted Arabic Font

al.Ghurabaa'
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,

I've been looking on the internet for a dotted arabic font. I haven't been able to find any, and so was wondering whether anybody knows where I can download the font from.

Jazakumullahu Khairan

Wassalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
06-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Wa 'alaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh,

Can u give an example of what you mean by dotted arabic font ?

Snowflake
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I think the sister means something like this but in arabic.

dot?t1244485957 -

Wyatt
06-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Oh, this would be very useful!

For things like practising to read and write it. :D I hope someone finds one. Might have better luck on full arabic websites, but unfortunately, I am not fluent. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
It isn't too difficult to make one yourself.

Print out a large arabic font. Then follow same steps as when you use carbon paper by pressing dots firmly around arabic font. Scan dotted paper and print a few copies to practice on. :)

Wyatt
06-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Actually, I might be able to make one after a while. I can upload an arabic font to a font creator and edit it... It would take a while for me though, because I don't usually work with fonts. :-[

Snowflake
06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a good idea! Show us how it turns out.

Wyatt
06-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Hmm.. I have the font in an editor, but I can't figure out how to make it dashed. It's a bit complicated. :exhausted

But, if it's for learning the Arabic alphabet, http://islamiccopywork.files.wordpre...ing-dotted.pdf
is a good document for practise. :D

imsad Sorry, I will still try to work with this editor.

al.Ghurabaa'
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Jazakumullahukhairan for your help. I checked the book, and it's good for the alphabet like you said, but I need it to write words, so I won't be able to use it.

I've checked a couple of arab websites, but they don't have the font I'm looking for.

InshAllah, I'll keep looking, and please do to..

Jazakumullahukhairan.

Wassalam

Al-Hanbali
06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
:salamext:

Sister, if you're looking to develop/improve your arabic handwriting, then may I suggest a book which you could check out. It's called 'Mastering Arabic Script: A guide to handwriting (by Jane Wightwick & Mahmoud Gaafar)'.

It aims to develop handwriting in the ruq'a script.

mutaryim
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al.Ghurabaa'
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,

I've been looking on the internet for a dotted arabic font. I haven't been able to find any, and so was wondering whether anybody knows where I can download the font from.

Jazakumullahu Khairan

Wassalamu Alaikum

Here you are two 'dotted' fonts you can download for free:

http://www.arfonts.net/class/naskh_uni_01.htm

there are also many other fonts:

http://www.arfonts.net/

I hope this will help you :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.