/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A good free antivirus program

جوري
06-09-2009, 03:54 AM
Someone pls give me a strong decent anti virus program .. I download a few things from the web like Babylon and my computer reacted badly to it.. I am not sure what I have currently on the computer to protect me but I can tell you this is the fourth laptop in a three year span...

I found crapcleaner which I am pleased with, but my mom's computer has met with a certain fate recently and I don't want mine to suffer the same..

Jazakoum Allah khyran

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-09-2009, 07:09 PM
bump.. come on guys.. share with me

Al-Zaara
06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Aleykum selam,

Um, we've bought the Norton Anti-Virus and I think it's pretty good elhamdulillah.

The Ruler
06-09-2009, 07:17 PM
^I would suggest the same. If you're downloading free anti-viruses from the net, they're most likely crapmultiplier.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
06-09-2009, 07:18 PM
^ Exactly my thoughts.

Banu_Hashim
06-09-2009, 07:18 PM
I use AVG, and it's served me well. I've got the free edition; but there is pro version you can pay for with extra features.

Check it out.

جوري
06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran..
yeah stuff from the net is bad, but sometimes I have to download things that I need..

جوري
06-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes, I need a hacker attack prevention program (free) being the operative word pls

جوري
06-09-2009, 07:24 PM
what do you think of this?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11493

Yanal
06-10-2009, 12:00 AM
^ I have tht,it's pretty good.

Yanal
06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
:sl:
sister try looking into one of these,here

SistaSista
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Salam Sister,

I found Agv free version to be good for standard protection, I also downloaded spywareterminator for real time internet protection, I would advise not to add the toolbar, I found information saying the free spyware terminator is effective but toolbar is adaware (do not add that). These in together cleaned up our comps well. And they are free. Safe surfing Sister.

SistaSista

UnknownOne
09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Aleykum selam,

Um, we've bought the Norton Anti-Virus and I think it's pretty good elhamdulillah.
Eugh
Norton; never!
Zonealarm does the job for me however, you can always use AVG which is outstanding!

MSalman
09-03-2009, 06:27 PM

bah anti-virus - I am glad I left that world. Mac rules!

sister, you should AVG. It is the most stable and killer free anti-virus known in the market. Do you have adblock plus for firefox? because it helps to minimize lots of garbage.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Aleykum selam,

wa as-sallam

norton is not as good as it is used to be; there are many better than norton out there. It has become a garbage tool if you ask me.

EDIT

more good Firefox addons: this and this

I haven't tried them myself but they seem good

UnknownOne
09-03-2009, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife

bah anti-virus - I am glad I left that world. Mac rules!

sister, you should AVG. It is the most stable and killer free anti-virus known in the market. Do you have adblock plus for firefox? because it helps to minimize lots of garbage.

wa as-sallam

norton is not as good as it is used to be; there are many better than norton out there. It has become a garbage tool if you ask me.

EDIT

more good Firefox addons: this and this

I haven't tried them myself but they seem good
Agreed brother. Norton has had it's share of "top internet security suite" and hasn't achieved to sustain it until today.

Jess4491
09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
salam alaikum all :)

my sister give me a website for an antivirus the other day which is ment to be the best free one going, ive been using it for a few days and it seems to be okay, it is called: Avira, if u type it in google it should come up. :)

Humbler_359
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
:sl:,

I have been with popular Norton Anti-Virus which makes my computer too slow, I was not happy with the program. So I get rid of my computer, then my computer is back normal fast:statisfie.

I figured out AVG AntiVirus or Adware are pretty good.

Currently in my computer is I used AVAST ANTIVIRUS (One year only), click here more info. My computer is still running fast smoothly without Norton program.

FileHippo- All Download Free Lists here

Cheers!!

ژاله
09-04-2009, 09:44 AM
i use norton antivirus. it works fine for me.

zakirs
09-11-2009, 01:06 AM
AVG free is the best one sis , i have been using it for years and works pretty well, if you need hacker protection (only if you know somebody is trying to hack you :P ) i suggest you use a firewall in the second link.. you can get it here

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Vi...-10320142.html

http://download.cnet.com/2701-2023_4...esLeftColumn.0

and this link essentially gives all the good programs relating to security in 6 categories .. may be u can read this and download which ever you feel is needed ( all are FREE and respectable softwares)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.