/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fundamental flaws in world view.

ghengis
06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
1) quran tells us the day is ment to seek for his bounty, and the night for rest.

the day starts at sunrise, and ends at sunset.
the night starts at sunset and ends at sunrise.

the common held view, that is pretty much all over the globe is that the new day starts at midnight. at 0:00hrs. lol. wat a joke. and that is what most of us actually live by right??? the false way?

it is a lie. just be aware of it...

2) the moon cycle is there for man to calculate the monthly cycles...

it is mentioned in the quran....

i thought january was real... its not. its a fabrication. a lie. it doesnt adhere to the moon cycle.

if you dont live by the "natural islamic laws" i have found u will sufer some form of spiritual anguish.

just be aware of it.

i am switching to islamic calender,

i made all the above mistakes.... i thought that stuff was real. its not.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ghengis
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
How the Days of the Week Got Their Names

The days of the week were named after Norse gods and giant objects in the sky.

These names come to us originally from the Greeks and Romans, who named the days of the week after their gods.

The Anglo-Saxons, who invaded Britain hundreds of years ago, adopted this idea but substituted their own gods. The English language has inherited and changed those names a bit, but the ones we use today resemble those names.

Here's how:

* Sunday: Sun's Day. The Sun gave people light and warmth every day. They decided to name the first (or last) day of the week after the Sun.
* Monday: Moon's Day. The Moon was thought to be very important in the lives of people and their crops.
* Tuesday: Tiw's Day. Tiw, or Tyr, was a Norse god known for his sense of justice.
* Wednesday: Woden's Day. Woden, or Odin, was a Norse god who was one of the most powerful of them all.
* Thursday: Thor's Day. Thor was a Norse god who wielded a giant hammer.
* Friday: Frigg's Day. Frigg was a Norse god equal in power to Odin.

Saturday: Seater's Day or Saturn's Day. Saturn was a Roman god.

ghengis
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
so when u wake up and look at your phone, and read monday 9 of june.....
you are starting the day with a lie.... and may even be starting the day with the name of a false god on your lips.

ghengis
06-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Sunday -- Sun's day
Middle English sone(n)day or sun(nen)day
Old English sunnandæg "day of the sun"
Germanic sunnon-dagaz "day of the sun"
Latin dies solis "day of the sun"
Ancient Greek hemera heli(o)u, "day of the sun"
Monday -- Moon's day
Middle English monday or mone(n)day
Old English mon(an)dæg "day of the moon"
Latin dies lunae "day of the moon"
Ancient Greek hemera selenes "day of the moon"
Tuesday -- Tiu's day
Middle English tiwesday or tewesday
Old English tiwesdæg "Tiw's (Tiu's) day"
Latin dies Martis "day of Mars"
Ancient Greek hemera Areos "day of Ares"

Tiu (Twia) is the English/Germanic god of war and the sky. He is identified with the Norse god Tyr.

Mars is the Roman god of war.

Ares is the Greek god of war.
Wednesday -- Woden's day
Middle English wodnesday, wednesday, or wednesdai
Old English wodnesdæg "Woden's day"
Latin dies Mercurii "day of Mercury"
Ancient Greek hemera Hermu "day of Hermes"

Woden is the chief Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic god. Woden is the leader of the Wild Hunt. Woden is from wod "violently insane" + -en "headship". He is identified with the Norse Odin.

Mercury is the Roman god of commerce, travel, theivery, eloquence and science. He is the messenger of the other gods.

Hermes is the Greek god of commerce, invention, cunning, and theft. He is the messenger and herald of the other gods. He serves as patron of travelers and rogues, and as the conductor of the dead to Hades.
Thursday -- Thor's day
Middle English thur(e)sday
Old English thursdæg
Old Norse thorsdagr "Thor's day"
Old English thunresdæg "thunder's day"
Latin dies Jovis "day of Jupiter"
Ancient Greek hemera Dios "day of Zeus".

Thor is the Norse god of thunder. He is represented as riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the hammer Miölnir. He is the defender of the Aesir, destined to kill and be killed by the Midgard Serpent.

Jupiter (Jove) is the supreme Roman god and patron of the Roman state. He is noted for creating thunder and lightning.

Zeus is Greek god of the heavens and the supreme Greek god.
Friday -- Freya's day
Middle English fridai
Old English frigedæg "Freya's day"
composed of Frige (genetive singular of Freo) + dæg "day" (most likely)
or composed of Frig "Frigg" + dæg "day" (least likely)
Germanic frije-dagaz "Freya's (or Frigg's) day"
Latin dies Veneris "Venus's day"
Ancient Greek hemera Aphrodites "day of Aphrodite"

Freo is identical with freo, meaning free. It is from the Germanic frijaz meaning "beloved, belonging to the loved ones, not in bondage, free".

Freya (Fria) is the Teutonic goddess of love, beauty, and fecundity (prolific procreation). She is identified with the Norse god Freya. She is leader of the Valkyries and one of the Vanir. She is confused in Germany with Frigg.

Frigg (Frigga) is the Teutonic goddess of clouds, the sky, and conjugal (married) love. She is identified with Frigg, the Norse goddess of love and the heavens and the wife of Odin. She is one of the Aesir. She is confused in Germany with Freya.

Venus is the Roman goddess of love and beauty.

Aphrodite (Cytherea) is the Greek goddess of love and beauty.
Saturday -- Saturn's day
Middle English saterday
Old English sæter(nes)dæg "Saturn's day"
Latin dies Saturni "day of Saturn"
Ancient Greek hemera Khronu "day of Cronus"

Saturn is the Roman and Italic god of agriculture and the consort of Ops. He is believed to have ruled the earth during an age of happiness and virtue.

Cronus (Kronos, Cronos) is the Greek god (Titan) who ruled the universe until dethroned by his son Zeus.
Sources
These sources are somewhat inconsistent. I have chosen interpretations that are predominate among sources or that seem most reasonable.

William Morris, editor, The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, New College Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 1976

Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Portland House, New York, 1989

William Matthew O'Neil, Time and the Calendars, Sydney University Press, 1975
See Also
The Royal Greenwich Observatory provides information on time, the calendar, the date of Easter, the equation of time, leap years, and the year 2000 AD.

The United States Naval Observatory has several systems of time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ghengis
06-10-2009, 02:14 PM
The Names of the Months
See also Greek and Roman Mythology

* January: named after Janus, the god of doors and gates
* February: named after Februalia, a time period when sacrifices were made to atone for sins
* March: named after Mars, the god of war
* April: from aperire, Latin for “to open” (buds)
* May: named after Maia, the goddess of growth of plants
* June: from junius, Latin for the goddess Juno
* July: named after Julius Caesar in 44 B.C.
* August: named after Augustus Caesar in 8 B.C.
* September: from septem, Latin for “seven”
* October: from octo, Latin for “eight”
* November: from novem, Latin for “nine”
* December: from decem, Latin for “ten”

GreyKode
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I kind of agree with you bro, but its just that we need to try it out to experience its benefits, i.e. sleep after isha'a and wake up at fajr and start our day.

ghengis
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
be aware the world u live in is a fabrication....those who take it for the true reality are lost.

allah says things in the quran.

man says things and makes up his own systems and rules.

follow which one u want to....

"donot associate partners with allah...

just be aware..... something to think about....

ghengis
06-15-2009, 02:30 AM
the concept on how the muslim charts time, and lives through his time is
completely different to a kafr...

remember this isnt about stagnant islam in your heart, it is about dynamic islam in your heart constantly trying to strive towards allah.... day after day after day.....

so these distinctions help, inshallah, allah knows best.

LostMember
06-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Ghengis, you're crazy. Why can't you take thngs as is, and not reject EVERYTHING.

ghengis
06-15-2009, 02:59 AM
thanks dude.... on another chatsite my name is crazy horse.

stay cool brother. lol.

i am purifying my world view dude!! its a spiritual exercise.... dont worry i still say friday and sunday and stuff.... but i am aware now bro!! and i ask god for forgiveness...

this is what happens when u live as a minority bro. :)))))

LostMember
06-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Just because the words are derived from some other gods name, that doesn't mean anything. It's just the way it is. Accept it.

Some of the stuff you're talking about just doesn't make sense. Can you imagine clocks that start at sunrise instead of midnight? If they start at sunrise then that means it'll change every day. The midnight system is so much better in that it's constant and isn't changing everyday.

ghengis
06-15-2009, 03:27 AM
its man made, midnight 12:00. emposing a man made system on a natural world leads to anguish.....

the world according to natuaral law, which is guided by gods law is that the day starts at sunrise and the day ends at sunset.

thats the truth.... TRUTH; important to religious people dude. without truth, and a love for truth people end up rejected the greatest pf truths... that god exists.

(wat does agnostic mean??? )

ghengis
06-15-2009, 03:34 AM
example for u and it seems u only. lost member. my thread seems very unpopular , but it is soooo important.

check it.

metaphore:

"you are a farmer, and you wake up at dawn because your sheep wake up at dawn, thats what they do naturally, when the sun comes up they get awake. you feed your sheep, take them to pasture etc...

soon u get lazy and say ok, i am gonna wake at 9. and them sheeps they are just gonna have to deal with it.

so you wake up at 9 from now on.... the sheep still wake at sunrise, but nobody lets them out of there pen.

the sheeps (inmagin being on of those poor sheep)... are in anguish and disorientated... but after a few weeks... they start waking up later... they arent as energetic as they used to be something doesnt feel right... but they dont know what... i guess they think they are used to it and can see its effect.... oh well at least the farmer is happy"

....- living as a human according to a false man made system has sybtle effects on the body, we nhave biological and chemical systems that make us at ease living the natural way.... u can see what happens to people when they work nights and sleep during the days.... they are hardly optimum. infact if this is forced on them u could call it abuse.

we are humans. natural. that live in a natural solar system, that abides by natural laws.... put some man made bullsh-i-t in there and make the humans believe it the true way is one of the biggest cons in history bro....

LostMember
06-15-2009, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
its man made, midnight 12:00. emposing a man made system on a natural world leads to anguish.....
How so?
the world according to natuaral law, which is guided by gods law is that the day starts at sunrise and the day ends at sunset.

thats the truth.... TRUTH; important to religious people dude. without truth, and a love for truth people end up rejected the greatest pf truths... that god exists.
It may or not be the truth. But the truth is that it's an impractical system in this modern world.
(wat does agnostic mean??? )
Google is your friend.

LostMember
06-15-2009, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
example for u and it seems u only. lost member. my thread seems very unpopular , but it is soooo important.

check it.

metaphore:

"you are a farmer, and you wake up at dawn because your sheep wake up at dawn, thats what they do naturally, when the sun comes up they get awake. you feed your sheep, take them to pasture etc...

soon u get lazy and say ok, i am gonna wake at 9. and them sheeps they are just gonna have to deal with it.

so you wake up at 9 from now on.... the sheep still wake at sunrise, but nobody lets them out of there pen.

the sheeps (inmagin being on of those poor sheep)... are in anguish and disorientated... but after a few weeks... they start waking up later... they arent as energetic as they used to be something doesnt feel right... but they dont know what... i guess they think they are used to it and can see its effect.... oh well at least the farmer is happy"
Your arguments are so weak. I'm not sure why I'm bothering to argue with you.
....- living as a human according to a false man made system has sybtle effects on the body, we nhave biological and chemical systems that make us at ease living the natural way.... u can see what happens to people when they work nights and sleep during the days.... they are hardly optimum. infact if this is forced on them u could call it abuse.

we are humans. natural. that live in a natural solar system, that abides by natural laws.... put some man made bullsh-i-t in there and make the humans believe it the true way is one of the biggest cons in history bro....
You sound like someone that hates technology and anything that's not natural. May I ask what you're typing from?

ghengis
06-15-2009, 03:49 AM
lol.... made out of bamboo :)

ghengis
06-15-2009, 03:58 AM
truth is very important. people die for this stuff... TRUTH.

some people love it some dont.

i happen to love it dearly...... the modern system is fine practical yes..... but its not the truth!!

wat a joke??? it works well. and its needed. so fair play. but be aware that its not the truth.

be aware that god exists; thats the truth too.... but u obviously dont hold truth in importance??? so it explains your opinions..

i love the truth. i hate falsehood. if u cant do anything about the falsehood at least aknowledge that it is there. but be aware that it is not the truth.

LostMember
06-15-2009, 04:01 AM
TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH

Is that all you can say?:giggling:

You're deluded and the sad thing is, you don't realise it's the truth.

ghengis
06-15-2009, 04:06 AM
wat???

your the crazy one now dude :)

u just might find that thetruth will never change ever........

so he who takes the side of truth.... can never be wrong.

truth is amazing.... i love it. religious people tend to be lovers of truth.....

the truthful the honest the sincere... etcetcetce...

the truth my agnostic buddy is one of the most beautiful things in the world :)

if u start looking out for the truth in things.... u will see something special.

or maybe..... U CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!???? LOL

LostMember
06-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Hahahahaha.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.