/* */

PDA

View Full Version : advice plz sum1

mohammed_alim
06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
assalamualikum people.. cud sum 1 plz give me a little advice.. basically when i pray in the majid my zuhur and asr salah the immam does not perform salah aloud like in magrib and isha salah. so does this mean....

*do i av to do my own recitation during zuhur and asr salah (bcos all this time i av been doing my own recitation and sumtimes the imman has gone way ahead of me and i quickly do catch up)

*also in magrib n isha salah in majid behind imman do i need to recite anythin at all afta takbeer (start of salah) like subhanaka allahumma wa behamdika.... or isit just the niya (intention) and then takbeer and follow imman up until 2 rakkat is complete.

sorry to be confusing bt i have been wanting to no tha answers to these for ages now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
inshaAllah someone help the bro :-\

crayon
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Wa alaikum asalam, brother

There are 2 categories of salah, 1 category is spoken aloud by the imam, and 1 is not spoken aloud. Duhr and asr are silent, whereas fajr, maghrib, and isha are spoken aloud.

During fajr, maghrib, and isha the imam reads al fatiha and the sura after it out loud, you merely listen. However, yes, you should say the opening du'a (subhanaka allahuma wa bihamdika ....) at the beginning of prayer.

During duhr and asr, you yourself are meant to recite al fatiha and the sura of your choice silently. If the imam finishes before you do it is fine, just continue with him, don't feel the need to rush, just stop wherever you are at and make rukoo after the imam.

Hope that helped, if you've got any other questions be sure to ask. :)

mohammed_alim
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
thank you for the advice crayon. i understand nw. thanx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-28-2009, 03:47 AM
:salamext:
A bit more information:

Reciting of an opening supplication (Du'a-al-Istiftaah) after the "Takbiiratil- lhraam". Placing the hands over the chest while the person is in a standing position with the right hand placed over the left hand. Raising of both hands up to the level of the shoulders or near to the lobes of the ears when saying "Takbiiratil-lhraam",- when heading for the Rukuu; when resuming standing position from the Rukuu and when resuming standing position from the first tashahud. Seeking the protection of Allah from the cursed Satan (only at the start of the first rakaat) by saying: "Audhu billahi minas- shaytani-r-rajiim" which means, "I seek Allah's refuge from the cursed Satan." Starting the prayer with the silent invocation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) by saying: "BISMILLAHI-R-RAHMANI-R-- RAHEEM" which means, "In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful." Saying "Ameen" upon concluding the recitation of "Al-Fatihah". Reciting some chapters or verses of the Holy Qur'an after Al-Fatihah in the first two rakaats (units) of each prayer. A preference that the recitation of Al- Fatihah and of any other additional readings from the Holy Qur'an are recited in a loud voice in the first two rakaats of Fajr, Maghrib and Isha prayers. A preference that when sitting for the first At-Tashahud and in between the two prostration, the person rests on his left foot flattened on the ground while keeping the right foot erect with the bottom of the toes firmed on the ground. A preference to practice At- Tawaruk when sitting for the final At-Tashahud in the Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha prayers. "At-Tawaruk" is a mode of sitting, wherein the person protrudes out his left foot from underneath his right leg, in such a way that the person does not relax on his left foot. Reciting the following supplication, when sitting for At-Tashahud, in between the supplication for the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the final words of peace: "Allahumma inii audhu bika min adha bi jahanama, wa min a dhabiil qabr wamin fitnatil mahyaa wal- ma-mati, wamin fitnatil masihid-dajaal " which means: "O Lord I seek your protection from the torment of Jahanam (the hell fire), and from the torment of the grave, and from the trials of living and dying and from the trials of the Masiih Addajaal."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.