/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Leaving...well kinda....

-S-
06-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Assalamualaykum all

Hope you are all ok - sorry not been too active on the forum recently this is due to other projects working on

MuslimDot - The organisation that Runs Islamicboard has decided to offload the Forum to RoadToJannah Academy who will be responsible for maintaining the forum as from the next days or so -

Reason for offloading is that from our perspective we have done our work with forums you can say been there done it did what we can with it and moving on now to something different, this is what we do in essence try and go for startup projects or projects already in existence and try and build it up further. We are still remaining as MuslimDot but have been partly acquired by Salam Studios in the UK and our main goals is going to be things like "Multimedia Stuff" (non musical nasheeds, Educational Islamic material, Charity Websites (projects etc) etc etc) That kinda things

However its not the end of us and our association with Islamicboard - we are still responsible for Managing the forum i.e Server, technical aspects etc so again if you get any problems more then likely it will come down straight to us so we will still be lurking in the background the only difference will be it will be rebranded by RTJ and they will have their own stuff adverts etc! So doubt there will be much difference anyhoo to how it is now

I'll still be around inshallah so will MuslimDot and We still got Ummah Forum and a host of other new projects lined up over the next year or so inshallah! So i've not totally gone anything yet

We have made sure that before offloading it that we chose the best buyer for Islamicboard due to the fact that we just dont want to offload it to just anyone so we have made sure 100% we have chosen the right organisation to lead the forum! I'm sure they have quite a few plans for the forum and will include it with the academy and provide good facilities for you guys Inshallah!
Luv ya all :)

Wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Ameen to all duas. May Allah bless you!

CONGRATS BRO RASHAD

Tony
06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
May Allahs blessings and guidance go with you brother, the work you do is awesome. See you in Jannah, insha,Allah:D

جوري
06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
wahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa..

this is upsetting.. I hate change.. very resistant to it.. I demand you stop this at once!

why why why...

Ok, I am over it.. thank you..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
eh, had to happen didn't it :( oh well, it's been great -S-, we've never talked btw :), umm, yah, good luck

feeling kind of melancholic for some reason or other,,

-S-
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
ill still be around inshallah so im not gone totally.. :)

Yanal
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
so you will still be admin?:)

-S-
06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Well i think my name maybe red well ill get it changed to another color though to blend in with u guy but may still have admin features cos we gonna be doing things like upgrades maintenance etc!

جوري
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
ok good al7mdlilah....I like the gang undivided

Yanal
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
oh.JazakAllah Khayr for clarifying and staying loyal:)

The Ruler
06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
they will have their own stuff adverts etc!
Does that mean that the Halal body care advert will go? Whoop. It's been bugging since the day it arrived.

Beardo
06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Assalamu Alaykum. New Kid on the Block! Or should I say Blog...?

:skeleton: How come I feel so intrusive... well, Insha'Allah you guys may look forward to some good stuff! Right now, I'm looking towards an Academy, and weekend crash courses.

The Ruler
06-17-2009, 07:10 PM
... Or not.

Well done on the promotion or whatever it is.

alcurad
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
what about,,,,teh,,children~!

ehhem, i mean yes indeed, hopefully nothing changes regarding the rules, or generally how LI is run-admins/mods etc-

Yanal
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
^O

I thought you were Rashad and made your intro with that name..:embarrass

alcurad
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
too many adverts would be bad,,

The Ruler
06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Everyone hates adverts. Not matter how small numbered they are or how useful they are.

Yanal
06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
InshAllah he will look into that:).

-S-
06-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Thing is at the end of the day its Adverts that keep the forum running!

Yanal
06-17-2009, 07:17 PM
True...

Beardo
06-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I'll see what we can do. I honestly won't be interfering much in the Administration's work. To be honest, I'll be giving the staff more power... My goal is simply to implement the Academy. However, in terms of adverts, we might be able to do something about that...

alcurad
06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
aye, adverts do keep it running, rather I was hoping for not too many of them, guess it's not really in our hands though-perhaps a donation box could be implemented?

what's the academy btw?

Beardo
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
aye, adverts do keep it running, rather I was hoping for not too many of them, guess it's not in our hands-perhaps a donation box could be implemented?

what's the academy btw?
There will be courses now for those who are interested. Islamic History, and what-not! :D

Donation box is what I was thinking of as well, but I wanted to discuss with the administration (as well as you guys). Think it's a good idea?

egyptballer
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
aye, adverts do keep it running, rather I was hoping for not too many of them, guess it's not really in our hands though-perhaps a donation box could be implemented?

Yes, the donation box was something that was suggested and should be implemented soon.inshAllah

The Ruler
06-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Why not shove all the adverts at the bottom of the page where the eye never falls?

Donation box is good. But you must also consider the fact that majority of the members here are students... And students are almost always stingy.

Beardo
06-17-2009, 07:31 PM
First Problem/Obstacle: The current skin doesn't permit donation box... I am thinking maybe we can have a link to a donation box instead, and put it on somewhere on the page.

For those complaining about the body-care advert lol... I think Sajid Bhai said it'll be removed.

Well, there's one more piece of info about me. I'm desi. ("bhai") lol

Güven
06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
I'll see what we can do. I honestly won't be interfering much in the Administration's work. To be honest, I'll be giving the staff more power... My goal is simply to implement the Academy. However, in terms of adverts, we might be able to do something about that...

Did you hear that Alpha ?

Guess we won't have to bring out our little friend anymore...

Beardo
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Why not shove all the adverts at the bottom of the page where the eye never falls?

Donation box is good. But you must also consider the fact that majority of the members here are students... And students are almost always stingy.
Oh, I am SO glad to hear that! I wanted to have a Youth program this Summer. Any suggestions on that anyone?

And, Alhamdulillah I do have something up my sleeve which, Insha'Allah, will decrease the number of adverts. Give me some time though, I don't want to drop a drastic change so soon lol.

alcurad
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
oh i see, history's good :)

the donation box is probably the only option there is other than flooding the site with adverts, i don't think that's viable, for all the obvious reasons.

we do have many members, a few thousand actually, and growing, and I'd think several would be more than willing if it helped keep LI afloat

on the other hand it depends on how much is needed, from what I've seen-which is not much-the box just hanging there collects anything from 100$-150$, again this is from what I've seen, and not all of them were forums only, as in most actually offered downloads and whatnot.
it might generate less or more, but it wouldn't hurt wither way, and the sooner the better,,that is to say, it depends really on how much it costs to keep the forum running

The Ruler
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
I wanted to have a Youth program this Summer. Any suggestions on that anyone?
What exactly is a Youth program? How does it work?

And, Alhamdulillah I do have something up my sleeve which, Insha'Allah, will decrease the number of adverts. Give me some time though, I don't want to drop a drastic change so soon lol.
No, good change is exciting stuff.

Beardo
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Alrighhhttt! Alhamdulillah, getting support here.

Okay, Youth Program: Just every Saturday or Sunday... Open Discussion, a scholar will come speak. I have one in mind, who Masha'Allah, is very good at reaching out. We can also have open discussions on specific topics... Things we face at school? We can also have youth projects, etc. These are all ideas. It's a broad program, throw in your ideas!

And changes: Yes, it's nice, but I want to take small steps. That way, it's easier on the staff and myself. Plus, school starts next Monday imsad Starting to get the blues...

The Ruler
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
And changes: Yes, it's nice, but I want to take small steps. That way, it's easier on the staff and myself. Plus, school starts next Monday imsad Starting to get the blues...
Fooo, cautious. I see. Good luck nonetheless.

crayon
06-17-2009, 07:53 PM
How weird...yet interesting. I like change!

Bring on the fresh blood, I say!:thumbs_up

Yanal
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Excellent suggestions..:)

Beardo
06-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Aww, Jazakumullah all of you!

I feel sort of n00b-ish as an administrator, because my rep is so low...

Okay, well, Insha'Allah you will be seeing changes. The first week I just want to mix in with the forum, and then slowly begin to change. Like a lion catching it's prey.... lol jk.

Yanal
06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Dont worry..our brothers will take care of that;)

Beardo
06-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Insha'Allah :P

I crossed the thousand line at least :D

Just a note to you guys, feel free to PM me as well. :D

egyptballer
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
I noticed the Body Care Ad isn't there anymore.It was replaced with the diaries of a Hafiz banner. :rollseyes

جوري
06-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Aww, Jazakumullah all of you!

I feel sort of n00b-ish as an administrator, because my rep is so low...

Okay, well, Insha'Allah you will be seeing changes. The first week I just want to mix in with the forum, and then slowly begin to change. Like a lion catching it's prey.... lol jk.

you do know that it is the female lionesses that go out and catch prey don't you?

Yanal
06-17-2009, 11:38 PM
^ he has his women side..:D

Beardo
06-17-2009, 11:41 PM
lol...

And yeah, I did remove the body care... But my blog banner won't be on for long. only until the 22nd.

Yanal
06-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Bro change your color back to red..it seems like you banned yourself..

egyptballer
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
And yeah, I did remove the body care...
I didn't really like the body care banner,the diaries banner is smaller and less eye-catching so it is less disturbing.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 12:24 AM
And less bright so it doesnt temporarily blind us.

glo
06-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Will there be any changes which affect us as forum users?

Danah
06-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow I missed a lot here

InshaAllah we will be going to the better with the new changes, but I strongly recommend doing the changes step by step because many users have strong resistance to changes

About bringing scholars to here each week, that sound very amazing idea mashaAllah brother ehafiz

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm desi. ("bhai") lol

What is this "bhai" that I hear about?

alcurad
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
bhai means brother in many languages,,:)

Yanal
06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
^ in India where zAk lives ,he is the local bhai....shhhhh...

Al-Zaara
06-19-2009, 03:17 PM
So can you eHafiz fix the problems with avatar changing? :cry:

I know I've been on and on complaining, but no changes have been made at all and this problem has been going on for the past couple of months (or has it been a year?).

Oh, and welcome. :D

Beardo
06-21-2009, 07:21 PM
:exhausted I'm not the best technician ever, but I can try to push it towards the admins a bit higher.

And for those of you who requested a donation box, I made it but see no reaction whatsoever. lol...

Yanal
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Be patient insh'Allah.

Kas1m
08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Can we get the v bulletin default skin please? Sajid if youre around or someone else

Ramisa
08-22-2009, 06:09 PM
:sl:

^ Brother,I have viewed that skin. It's nothing special,in fact this skin is better. Why would you want a seperate skin when everyone likes this one(or never complained)? Before any of the admins make a hasty(no offense) decision,they must consult the majority of members rather than taking the opinion of one. Do you get me brother? I am not trying to discourage you neither trying to be blunt on you but rather explain how it works.

You can try to convince an admin to ask around to view if it's a majority or not...but I rather not. Insha'Allah lets see what a few members say along with a few staff members.

:w:

Rasema
08-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I hope that all goes as planed,InshAllah.

Gawaher forum is going through a rough patch. It's sad because it's a really beneficial forum. I wish that you guys could help them in some way.
The forum is not very active. Their posting extremely declined.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.